Nugget Shooter Forums

Let me just add a suggestion here...

If you, or anyone for that matter, is trying to take a picture of a smallish object with a camera phone, don't use the 'zoom' feature.

Take the picture from a close distance, but not too close, where the camera can get a good focus on the object.  Refocus and take several pictures while moving the 'camera' as little as possible.  Seems obvious right?  If you can steady your hand on something to reduce movement, all the better.

Once you have several photos, upload them to your computer and browse through and find the one or two that have the sharpest, most detailed picture.  When you have chosen the best one, then use the editing feature and crop the photo to provide the 'zoom".

Hope this helps....

Luke

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Let me just add a suggestion here...

If you, or anyone for that matter, is trying to take a picture of a smallish object with a camera phone, don't use the 'zoom' feature.

Take the picture from a close distance, but not too close, where the camera can get a good focus on the object.  Refocus and take several pictures while moving the 'camera' as little as possible.  Seems obvious right?  If you can steady your hand on something to reduce movement, all the better.

Once you have several photos, upload them to your computer and browse through and find the one or two that have the sharpest, most detailed picture.  When you have chosen the best one, then use the editing feature and crop the photo to provide the 'zoom".

Hope this helps....

Luke

Great Suggestion Greats Tips on how to Make a Good photo.Thank You

• Like 2

I dont know, maybe hold the camera further back and go outside and get some nice sunshine to light up your mineral sample.  See example below. 

20171025_134607.jpg

20171025_134550.jpg

Edited by Desertpilot
  • Like 2
38 minutes ago, Desertpilot said:

I dont know, maybe hold the camera further back and go outside and get some nice sunshine to light up your mineral sample.  See example below. 

20171025_134607.jpg

20171025_134550.jpg

That's a fine looking specimen. May I ask where that came from? I really like those multicolored specimens.

In a solution cavity somewhere on the Dividend fault in SE AZ its a old school collect from 1898. There is some awesome copper minerals where I live. This is a nice piece but it got bashed during recovery.  Ive personally been to the where this came from and its still pretty awesome down there but collecting is not allowed so all I have from that stope is a lunch box sample from whoever worked that stope in 1898.

Edited by Desertpilot

I have self collected ones just as nice but smaller in size in the Dragoons on a friend's ranch. Copper is my second interest to gold in mineral collecting. 

• Like 1