Nugget Shooter Forums
LowPoint

Am I wrong, or "wasn't this (at one time) a GOLD FORUM???

I just thought that I would check to see if I am on the wrong website or not??!!?  It "used-to-be" that the subject of "GOLD" would come up in subjects,.....you know, ...posting pictures, ...talking about the find, ...promoting positivity with the search, ....recommending or suggesting productive activity regarding the venture.  While Now, the only subjects that seem to be dominating this website (posted of-late) are regarding: "what kind of rock is this??,...  what kind of seashell is this?"..."Is this turquoise?",...etc. ,etc., etc., and wah, snivel, snivel,  ..I can't find gold!!  

So, I thought I'd brake the run of boring subjects and post a nugget that my buddy found today,....you know, one of those Gold-Nugget-Thingies.  

My buddy had recently purchased a used SDC-2300 and wanted to see if it would find anything.  We had been down at Rich Hill last week and he had found one very dinky (probably wouldn't have even registered weight-wise on a scale) nugget. Pretty impressive to find a nugget that flat and that small.   So today I took him to one of my spots on Lynx Creek.  When we got into the wash I showed him some very iron-rich exposed bedrock crossing the creak, and suggested that if he was to find a gold nugget at all that he should start his search in the washed-out pocket just down stream of this bedrock, which was also on the Inside bend of the wash.  While he was getting set up I told him that I would be about 20-30 feet down stream to work up the settings on my Gpz-7000, so that our two Minelabs would not be interfering with each other.  While kneeling down making the settings (with my earphones on) I heard this weird noise above the noises that I was hearing on my detector (Threshold, volume, etc.).  I hear this "DUDE, DUDE" and when I look up here my buddy is practically running down the wash toward me, again saying "DUDE".  I pull my headphone off and he hands me this 1" diameter vile that contains this new Gold Nugget that he has just found in my recommended spot.  Apparently the first thing that he did was to move a 10-12" round boulder out of his way that was in that pocket, swung the coil over the spot, and got a great signal.  But when he stooped down to move  some mud and sand from the spot he could actually see the nugget wedged in a bedrock crack, but it was visible.  I had searched that area fairly good in the past, but hadn't searched on that left side of the wash, so he got his first Very-nice nugget today with his 2300.  We continued searching the immediate area for more, but it turned out to be one of those "One-nugget-spots" that I run across every so often.  We searched most of the rest of the day in various spots but found nothing else but small bits of rusted tin chips and other very small trash. Overall, it was a Great day for me picking the spot, and for him actually finding his first "chunky gold nugget.  It may be a bit hard to see in these photos, but this nugget has a lot of character:  it looked as though this gold had been heat-injected into a crevice or small pocket in the host rock( the exposed bedrock) and then cooled in that form.  It is knarly and lumpy, and chunky, and it is like compacted-cubicles of gold all muched together.  I think it weighed out at around 1.3 Grams.   "YAHOO"!!!

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

• Like 11

but...... DUDE... DUDE... I have a verrrry important question to ask you.   I've been wanting to ask you for the longest time.  That yellow thingy up there is pretty and all, but I gotsta know....  did you find any SEA SHELLS?!?  Maybe one of them there turquoise ones  :laught16:

(good story by the way)

• Haha 4

What year is the quarter?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Andyy said:

but...... DUDE... DUDE... I have a verrrry important question to ask you.   I've been wanting to ask you for the longest time.  That yellow thingy up there is pretty and all, but I gotsta know....  did you find any SEA SHELLS?!?  Maybe one of them there turquoise ones  :laught16:

(good story by the way)

Trivialities, and Insignificant-nonsense  I have no time for.  My pursuit is Gold, ...and throw the rest away ( I couldn't get any "cool" Emotion-figures like yours Andy to come up --Guess they are not working tonight).

18 minutes ago, chrisski said:

What year is the quarter?

I don't know???  It was my buddies that he photo'd and emailed the photos to me.

O great!!! Now he's hooked. See what happens.

Excellent nugget

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Relichunter2016 said:

nice fingerprints by the way

As much as we both picked, shoveled, and picked and picked and picked into that bedrock today and then scraped off the overburden at times with our bare hands, I am surprised that either one of us still have fingerprints.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LMAO !!

Way to go "Gary's Friend"  :thumbsupanim

The SDC is an awesome tool.  I personally, have rolled many a rock only to get an awesome signal that ended up being a ductile metal with 79 protons.

I have considered posting more gold found in the past, but I didn't want to seem like I was bragging and wanted to give the other members a 'turn'.  :4chsmu1:

Luke

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, boulder dash said:

O great!!! Now he's hooked. See what happens.

Excellent nugget

"YEA", now that he knows that he can find more than "rat-crap-size" nuggets with it every creak in the state of Arizona is now open for possibility.....Funny how that happens.

2 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

LMAO !!

Way to go "Gary's Friend"  :thumbsupanim

The SDC is an awesome tool.  I personally, have rolled many a rock only to get an awesome signal that ended up being a ductile metal with 79 protons.

I have considered posting more gold found in the past, but I didn't want to seem like I was bragging and wanted to give the other members a 'turn'.  :4chsmu1:

Luke

I don't think that that's bragging (Luke) to post pictures of Gold Nuggets on this (that is supposed-to-be a Gold forum).  I think that most of us actually like to see the photos, hear about the adventure, and maybe gain some knowledge from the verbage that might help those who may be struggling to work things out regarding this here Gold persuit.  As the saying goes:  "That which is not used (knowledge-wise) withers away"  We don't want to wither do we?????? :ROFL: Gary 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GDM/PV said:

I don't think that that's bragging (Luke) to post pictures of Gold Nuggets on this (that is supposed-to-be a Gold forum).  I think that most of us actually like to see the photos, hear about the adventure, and maybe gain some knowledge from the verbage that might help those who may be struggling to work things out regarding this here Gold persuit.  As the saying goes:  "That which is not used (knowledge-wise) withers away"  We don't want to wither do we?????? :ROFL: Gary 

Oh, I'm with you Gary....    I was just responding in the 'spirit' of your post.  :D

Weekend before last,  I went exploring for new ground.  Did a lot of hiking, viewed some wildlife, and had a 'run in' with a Fish and Game dude.  Didn't find any new gold ground.  So on the way home, dropped by a hammered club claim and picked up a few dinks with the SDC for a half a gram in two hours.  I know many guys would have thrown these back, but I thought they were keepers.  :4chsmu1:

Luke

20171015_175419 (2).jpg

Edited by LukeJ
because why not?
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Oh, I'm with you Gary....    I was just responding in the 'spirit' of your post.  :D

Weekend before last,  I went exploring for new ground.  Did a lot of hiking, viewed some wildlife, and had a 'run in' with a Fish and Game dude.  Didn't find any new gold ground.  So on the way home, dropped by a hammered club claim and picked up a few dinks with the SDC for a half a gram in two hours.  I know many guys would have thrown these back, but I thought they were keepers.  :4chsmu1:

Luke

20171015_175419 (2).jpg

Throw them back 'my Ass",.:grr01:...that's not in my nature.  Gold is Gold, and those are some nice ones.  Half gram in two hours is pretty good.  I think that my buddies dink from Rich Hill was about 1/2 the size of the smallest one you have on that dime, and he said that he actually got a strong signal from it (of course it was laying right on the surface of the ground).  Those are all fairly smooth,...they must have traveled down stream a bit.  You might look a bit farther upstream and maybe find the source???  Gary

• Like 1

I was travelling upstream...   It was getting dark, and what do I see ahead?  Someone's 'hole' from earlier in the weekend.  :yesss:

They were so kind to move the overburden and gravels out of the way so I could get the last one before I had to turn around and scoot back to the truck so there'd be enough light for that picture.

I was told that 'The Source' was an ancient river that cut down through the Bradshaws, possibly before, 'they' were the Bradshaws.  There might be a few larger bits, but these seem to be the average size for the area.

Luke

I grew up in the bradshaws. I've seen a many river worn rocks way up high in the mountains and wondered about the whole ancient river thing as well.

• Like 3

I use to nugget hunt in the Black Canyon area and there are a lot of high benches of rounded river rock. Some really nice nuggets have been taken from there. I was told basically the same thing, that a large ancient river had flowed through the area. Lots of iron stone  patches in places too. Was using a Minelab GT 16000 then. Just may have to drag my old bones back there one day. The AU keeps calling me. 

• Like 5

I would post more but I have to keep switching to the macro lens on the camera to get a decent pic :)

Tom H.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Quote "I just thought that I would check to see if I am on the wrong website or not??!!?  It "used-to-be" that the subject of "GOLD" would come up in subjects,.....you know, ...posting pictures, ...talking about the find, ...promoting positivity with the search, ....recommending or suggesting productive activity regarding the venture.  While Now, the only subjects that seem to be dominating this website (posted of-late) are regarding: "what kind of rock is this??,...  what kind of seashell is this?"..."Is this turquoise?",...etc. ,etc., etc., and wah, snivel, snivel,  ..I can't find gold!! " end Quote

We have always been about the whole passion of hunting Gold, Rocks, Gems, Relics, Coins, and anything else. Many sections for many passions.... As far as whining about not finding nuggets goes, that is what we are about, helping others learn....

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

I really do enjoy the gold posts as well. Reading the story ,and seeing the gold inspires me to get out there and find more. Sometimes I learn something new that helps me become a better detector. 

Chris

• Like 7

21 hours ago, LukeJ said:

I was travelling upstream...   It was getting dark, and what do I see ahead?  Someone's 'hole' from earlier in the weekend.  :yesss:

They were so kind to move the overburden and gravels out of the way so I could get the last one before I had to turn around and scoot back to the truck so there'd be enough light for that picture.

I was told that 'The Source' was an ancient river that cut down through the Bradshaws, possibly before, 'they' were the Bradshaws.  There might be a few larger bits, but these seem to be the average size for the area.

Luke

I agree, Luke.  The Bradshaws definitely have many areas with that rounded river rock high up in some of those hills.  Definitely from an ancient river or sorts.    Strange to find large rounded quartz on the top of a mountain.  (along with gold of course) :brows:

• Like 2

Nice nugget.  Thanks for sharing.  Here are some I detected in the high desert of SoCal on Monday.

2017-10-24 10.10.56.jpg

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, Micro Nugget said:

Nice nugget.  Thanks for sharing.  Here are some I detected in the high desert of SoCal on Monday.

2017-10-24 10.10.56.jpg

Yes.... :thumbsupanim   Very nice.

I even tried to wipe that hair off my screen !  :arrowheadsmiley:

Luke

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Micro Nugget said:

2017-10-24 10.10.56.jpg

Hey, Nice looking California gold there,...."nice seeing more on this forum",.:yesss:..  that cornflake one is cool. :200: Gary

Thanks Gary.  I am curious about the "chevron-like" features on the left side of the cornflake.  I've not run across too many of those.  I, like you and many others on this forum, derive great satisfaction seeing some color displayed from time to time.

Luke: I never noticed the hair!!  I went back out yesterday (Wednesday) to the same vicinity attempting to determine which direction, if any, this little patch might extend to.  Unfortunately I mostly found where it wasn't.  However, back to the center of the patch site I managed to uncork the little guy seen below.

2017-10-26 10.41.47.jpg

• Like 4