Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Monster 1000 @ Rich Hill

Me and the  wife meet up with a few good friends on Saturday at rich hill. Got Lisa setup and running in no time. It wasn’t long before she found her first Rich Hill nugget.0.8 gram with the monster
There was very little falsing from the little coil not bad at all. I must say this is a very easy and light gold detector that don’t take a lot to get going. The bad part  was i had to hear
how her detector cost less then mine :grr01:and  how she found the biggest piece of gold for the day:tisk-tisk:. I did find a Crumb at 0.2 gram with the 5000 and 12 coil. Yes she still has a smile on her face today:4chsmu1:.
Lon

lon.jpg

lisa.jpg

• Like 10

Congratulations Lon and Lisa  :thumbsupanim

It's a great thing when your wife wants to go out detecting with you, even if she ends up finding the biggest piece.

Things could definitely be worse.  :arrowheadsmiley:

• Like 5

Haha.....you suck :)

Glad you got her out and over some gold. Any gold up there is really good!

Hope to see you at the outing in Nov.

Tom H.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dang... sucks to be you, Lon!   Just kidding.  Actually, pretty awesome you both found gold.  Sounds like a great meet up.  Thanks for sharing the story.

• Like 1

One thing I have found as a difference between men and women when it comes to detectors ... women tend to be more patient and cover ALL the ground in front of them. And if suggested from the beginning that they go 'low and slow' because that is the best way to find a nugget ... well ... she does it! On the other hand when the going gets tough and the competition is on ... men tend to go too fast and jump from place to place. As guys we need to take a lesson from the women ... yes I said take a lesson from the women ... and slow down and cover all the ground in front of us. Remember it is not the acreage that you cover but the square footage well covered.

• Like 8
5 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Hi Lon. Thanks for the report & photos. Was you wife was running the GM1000 in discrimination mode? 

Yes she was running in discrimination. That's what makes it so easy . 

• Like 1