Nugget Shooter Forums

Inspiration From Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner posted something similar on another site got my inspiration from his post for a stand for the GM 1000 here is mine used a 7/8 inch forsner bit to open up the 1/2 inch fitting which worked great allows the center hole on the Tee to slide onto the end of the shaft of the GM snugly, one thing for those that do not know what a forsner bit is it is a round bit that cuts perfectly round holes in plastic or wood,if someone decides to make one like i have make sure you put the PVC fitting in a vise or something to hold the fitting because you do not want to get that forsner bit into your hand or you will be heading to the ER for some pretty serious repairs to the damage it has done.

parts used 1-1/2 inch PVC tee and 4-1/2 inch PVC 45 degree fittings and 4 small pieces of 1/2 inch PVC

makes the GM 1000 vary stable no more falling over while sitting on the ground

1011171143a.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice :head: Mike C...:200: PS-heres mine it works way better than the arm cuff one it only cost me $16.00

DSCN0661.JPG

11 minutes ago, Mike C... said:

Very nice :head: Mike C...:200: PS-heres mine it works way better than the arm cuff one it only cost me $16.00

Would you have any other pics of what you did or used by any chance

Edited by DSMITH

D-Smith--Looking on an update from your five hour hunt.  

I'm imagingin you got a nugget so big you're bringing in heavy equipment to clear the ground down to bedrock and detect for the rest of its extended family.

28 minutes ago, chrisski said:

D-Smith--Looking on an update from your five hour hunt.  

I'm imagingin you got a nugget so big you're bringing in heavy equipment to clear the ground down to bedrock and detect for the rest of its extended family.

Have not made it back to my property as of yet I am still in the valley of AZ because of a family emergency when I get back up there I will update on that post for now all I can do is set here and play on the PC and play around with ideas believe me its eating at me knowing I have located a target but am 100 miles from being able to complete a task I have started

As far as heavy equipment if I do locate something once back there that will be out as there is no way you could ever get any kind of heavy equipment into the area I am hearing the target in it will all have to be done the good old fashioned way by hand you can not even get a quad up there

Edited by DSMITH
2 hours ago, DSMITH said:

Would you have any other pics of what you did or used by any chance

Heres a pic of the stand I got-I marked and drilled 2 holes n my shaft and secured it with the set screws-it has a wider stance and elevates the detector off the ground it works really well and it doesnt look like an oakey made it :head: Mike C...:200:attachment.php?attachmentid=229884&stc=1

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 1

Good Idea Smith! :)
 Looks kind of expensive though....dont know if I can afford to make it :2mo5pow:

Tom H.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Mike C... said:

it works really well and it doesnt look like an oakey made it :head: Mike C...:200:

its called hillbilly ingenuity LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, TomH said:

Good Idea Smith! :)
 Looks kind of expensive though....dont know if I can afford to make it :2mo5pow:

Tom H.

I will start a new thread for donations for you so we can get you one of these hillbilly apparatuses made LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yet another Minelab screw up ........

You guys are kidding yourselves with the idea that your innovative know how will solve the problem......It will still tip over more often than not, in the real world....  It is way to top heavy ( Minelab`s Brilliant engineering :tisk-tisk: )

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

DSmith

Remember the only one you have to make happy in whatever you do is you.

The Best to You.

Chuck

Yep I do know that just giving credit where credit is due had I not seen your post I would not have thought of it