Nugget Shooter Forums

Need Opinions

DSMITH

Been giving some thoughts to adding a PI detector to my arsenal have narrowed it down to two the GPX 4500 and the 5000 would like to know if there is a big enough difference in the two to justify an extra $1300 in price or would the 4500 be sufficient I know from reading about both on the forums they seem to both be great machines but just do not know if the extra $1300 spent on the GPX 5000 would be warranted can someone please tell me what the differences in the two machines are and if the extra coin would be advisable already have the GM 1000 so I figure one or the other would be a great pairing just cant figure out which one

Advanced Thanks to those that reply  

• Like 1

I would say that you will get the best info from our "leader " Bill Southern . He knows his stuff. You might  reach him thru Nugget Shooters Store....

GPX 5000 is more stable and has a setting (timing) called "Fine Gold" under "special"  that is killer on small gold at depth. if you are current or ex military there is 15% off from my store as well....

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

GPX 5000 is more stable and has a setting (timing) called "Fine Gold" under "special"  that is killer on small gold at depth. if you are current or ex military there is 15% off from my store as well....

Mr Southern thank you for responding if I were to make a trip to your store would you show me the differences between the two I am more of a seeing is believing type of person as apposed to reading and believing type I can read something 100 times and still not understand but put it in my hands and the light bulb comes on  

• Like 1

As Bill said, the 5000 and the Fine Gold setting is amazing, especially on specimen type gold. It is very stable in hot ground. Like I've said before, I have friends that can really make their 4500 sing, but I think the 5000 has the advantage. Just knowing because I run the 5000 and have got to play with a 4500 to see the difference. Good luck.

Dan

• Like 3

You can pick up a used GPX 5000 approaching the price of a new GPX 4500 if you wait long enough.  I was lucky enough to find one on the board here.  Odds are it won't be in your hometown, but if you're lucky, you can drive to it.  I drove about 4 hours to pick mine up.  I did not get the lesson from a dealer since I bought it used, and that has set me back.  I feel comfortable with setting it up now and the different settings, but a day at a claim with a lesson would have been awesome and speeded up the process.

• Like 1

I'm going to just double down on what Bill said. And if you buy from us (Nugget Shooter) with or without the military discount you also get a free lesson in the field so that the learning curve is shortened and you can have the confidence that the machine will find gold ... plus we are only a phone call or email away should you have questions on the machine in the future.

• Like 4