Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin Again

azdigger

Headed out to GB on Thurs. going to hunt a different place. Saw some old workings.

Taking the Monster and the Eureka with me , might take the MXT too.   Going to take my Ranger up so I can get back off the beaten path.

Reports when I get back.

• Like 6

Thanks Mitchel , I am going beyond where we was and into the nowhere a little. Found a place that is not eat up by drywashers , looks a little hard to lug the gear to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azdigger said:

Thanks Mitchel , I am going beyond where we was and into the nowhere a little. Found a place that is not eat up by drywashers , looks a little hard to lug the gear to.

Sometimes those places that the drywasher (if from the 30s) hit are still productive for a metal detector. Might have to move some overburden....but there is usually gold in those places. Look for areas where the wash would run real fast, and then fan out and slow down. That is where your gold will drop.

Good luck!
Tom

• Like 4

I guess I should have said , no recent drywasher  activity .

There is 2 nice looking smaller washes that connect and it looks good on Google Earth any how...don't matter.

I am going to be getting out and that is what counts... :yesss:

• Like 5

It can be tough to tell how old a dry wash pile is.  Unless you find an old miners boots, then you might be looking at an old grave instead :)   It's getting close to Halloween.  So I can be a bit morbid. :yikes:

• Like 4

Sometimes evidence of drywashing can be no more than some of the trash found, like bellows nails (furniture tack looking) and other things like bits of screen and weird looking corkscrew wire.... Just saying. Often the wash was worked in the wash.... So all evidence or most tailings have been redistributed by erosion over the years. A wash in the middle of nowhere and trash? Why????? Just tips from a old guy... :old:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1