Nugget Shooter Forums

STUFF !

homefire

How does it Happen? I had this box of STUFF. Keen Stuff that's I've carted around the world. It started life when I was stationed in the U.K. Just some stuff I figured was too good to chuck out and I would use some day. That box of STUFF went back to the States with me. That box of STUFF went to Greece with me too. That box of Stuff came back to the States with me. That box of STUFF sat around through years of moving here and there. That box of Stuff got in the way one time too often and got chucked out last week... This week I had to go out and buy two items that was in the box of STUFF. Someone please tell me how that crap happens ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yup.....been there done that!

Tom H.

I have a small section in my yard that I have a privacy fence to put all of my stuff A.K.A. "Junk" behind so that it's not an eyesore for anyone else, that I know I wil some day have a use for and my wife is always saying you need to clean that area up and get rid of all that junk, but I told her NO it's my junk and it stays because I will some day need it for something....WEEELLL one day a couple of years ago I come home from work and something wasn't right, I could just feel it, I took a walk around and then looked behind the fence, most all of the "good junk' was gone!!!:yikes:

I went inside and LOUDLY ask what happened to my junk, my wife said..."Oh I told Dave who collects scrap metal that lives down the street that he could have all the junk metal behind the fence...if he would also haul off some of the other junk".... well needless to say I was not very happy and made my wife very aware of it and now NO ONE messes with my STUFF!!!

Lucky Dave got at the very least about $1500 worth of so called "srcap metal" value, which most of that wasn't really scrap and was worth much more than scrap value, I had sheets of aluminum of numerous thickness and sizes, aluminum bar stock and angle stock, the same in iron, also many various lengths of very good copper wire in all gauges, enough to rewire my entire house with some left over, a huge pile of pressure treated lumber worth at least another $1000 or more, and then the actual scrap metal too much to list, I won't even mention/list all the other various misc stuff worth more dollars olde Lucky Dave got!!!

Olde Lucky Dave even grabbed my floor jack :idunno:  which is the only thing I got back by the time I got to Dave's house to tell him I wanted it all back, everything was already gone to the scrap yard and lumber sold to someone else, and in all honesty I couldn't demand all the money he got from selling it all since my wife gave him permission to take it all and because I'm a firm believer in keeping your word and not going back on what is agreed upon even though I wasn't a part of the agreement, but my other half was, but that floor jack was going home with me come hell or high water!! :5bat:

• Irritated 1

Yep, Wife let one of her friends help clean up the house one time a few years ago.  Most went to the shed.  Some times while rooting around in the shed for something or another I come across two things  I could had used last week but forgot I even had.  :2mo5pow:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, homefire said:

Yep, Wife let one of her friends help clean up the house one time a few years ago.  Most went to the shed.  Some times while rooting around in the shed for something or another I come across two things  I could had used last week but forgot I even had.  :2mo5pow:

Yep that CRS will get you when you least expect it, especially when whatever it is isn't where you put it and been moved by someone else!!

• Haha 1

Ya know, there are little men constantly moving stuff around my house.   I put something one place and when I go to find it, it's not there.  Then in a couple of days I'll find it somewhere else.  It's very annoying and one day I will catch one in the act.  :idunno:

Old Tom  

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Old Tom said:

Ya know, there are little men constantly moving stuff around my house.   I put something one place and when I go to find it, it's not there.  Then in a couple of days I'll find it somewhere else.  It's very annoying and one day I will catch one in the act.  :idunno:

Old Tom  

Err How about this one ?  You know dang well you have two of what ever Whigget you need at the time but can't locate the thing.   You go out and buy another Whigget, Just what you need.  Complete the task at hand .  Go to put the New Whigget away in a safe place were you will be sure to find it when needed next time.   You open the Drawer to put it away and LOW and BEHOLD !  There are Three more just like it .    :ROFL:

Edited by homefire
  • Haha 4

On 9/20/2017 at 5:44 PM, Au Seeker said:

I have a small section in my yard...

I'm not sure which of these is worse, Skip: Having your mate give stuff away without permission that isn't hers, or, having a "good neighbor Dave" come in and clean out what very obviously isn't junk all becase not you said have at it..

Good ol' Dave knew at least some if not all of what he was taking wasn't junk, yet he still took it anyhow.. To my way of thinking there's only two reasons haul-away "junk" gets immediately converted to cash: 1) It really is haul-away scrap; 2) It really isn't haul-away junk..

Swamp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swampstomper Al said:

I'm not sure which of these is worse, Skip: Having your mate give stuff away without permission that isn't hers, or, having a "good neighbor Dave" come in and clean out what very obviously isn't junk all becase not you said have at it..

Good ol' Dave knew at least some if not all of what he was taking wasn't junk, yet he still took it anyhow.. To my way of thinking there's only two reasons haul-away "junk" gets immediately converted to cash: 1) It really is haul-away scrap; 2) It really isn't haul-away junk..

Swamp

Yeah Al, Dave knew very well that a lot, and I do mean a lot of what he hauled away wasn't part of what the wife was saying he could take but she did admit that she should have sorta supervised a bit instead of just giving him free rein at my stuff, but it was all water under the bridge by the time I got on the scene, but olde Dave got a big piece of my mind and will remember it for a very long time!!

Did I mention I got MY FLOOR JACK back, olde Dave tried very hard to say "no that's my jack the one I took didn't work and it went with the rest of the "scrap metal"...",  I said "to hell you say" 'then I told him "well in that case if it is yours let me see you stop me from taking it home with me!!", olde Dave just stood there with a helpless look on his face as I loaded MY JACK in my truck, and just so everyone here knows it was my jack I just didn't trouble myself with showing olde Dave where I engraved my name on the bottom of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2