Nugget Shooter Forums

Biggest Nugget You've Found In AZ

Hey all, this is my first topic post. I'm about a little over a year new to prospecting. I don't get out as much as I really want though.

I'm not sure if this has ever been posted before? But I figure I'll ask. Here goes: What's the biggest gold nugget you've found in Arizona and which detector did you find it with? Pictures of the nugget would be cool to see, if you have them.

Where exactly did you find it? You can PM me with the coordinates...lol 😂 Of course I'm kidding. Unless you really want to tell...lol

Cheers all!

~Chuck

Ok, I'll bite.

Here is a link to a thread I began when I found the Goose Egg Nugget in Arizona.

I'll save you the trouble of reading the entire thread.  The specific gravity test says there is 8 ozt of gold in it.

Mitchel

Edited by mn90403
  • Like 4
13 minutes ago, boulder dash said:

I detected these

0903171731_Film2.jpg

Cool BD. But I'm pretty sure those aren't the biggest ones you've found while detecting. lol 😂 

One of the great things I remember about the first NuggetShooter outing I attended, was meeting Mitchel and getting the opportunity to hold 'The Goose Egg'.  :thumbsupanim

I haven't been nugget shooting as long as some of these other guys, but I'm still proud to show my biggest nugget find to date.  :yesss:

It was found in central Arizona, on a hillside patch I was invited to by a friend of mine.  It was the fourth nugget I had ever found and now my wife wears it on a chain.

I was using my modified White's SPP ( TDI variant ) with a 7" homemade basket weave coil.  The nugget was 4 to 5 inches deep and not on bedrock.  It weighs 3.21g.

Still searching for the nugget that will top this one.....   :head:

Luke

20160222_105110.jpg

20160509_122401[1].jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, boulder dash said:

I detected these

0903171731_Film2.jpg

yah..............but Xs 80,000nd

• Haha 2

Got these about 4 yrs ago. In a wash, in the desert, that is well traveled. Everybody passes by this wash. Over 3 oz through the years from that wash. Biggest one is 1.25 oz.

So.......dont over look the obvious. I have a friend that has been quite successful finding roadside patches.
Tom H.

allnugs1.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, TomH said:

Got these about 4 yrs ago. In a wash, in the desert, that is well traveled. Everybody passes by this wash. Over 3 oz through the years from that wash. Biggest one is 1.25 oz.

So.......dont over look the obvious. I have a friend that has been quite successful finding roadside patches.
Tom H.

allnugs1.JPG

Holy smokes! Nice finds! 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, LukeJ said:

I was using my modified White's SPP ( TDI variant ) with a 7" homemade basket weave coil.  The nugget was 4 to 5 inches deep and not on bedrock.  It weighs 3.21g.

Homemade coil! Awesome!

DP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, TomH said:

Tom H.

allnugs1.JPG

Nice pile of nuggets there Tom.Good advice Too.Ive found or seen others find patches next to or running right through the road. hard to belive so many others have missed them.Ive found sunbaker nuggets in the road from erosion that where black on top side from the tires running over them.they are out there.
just have to slow down and look for the indicators crossing the road.
Btw I think some of those old tire marks on them where mine. :D
Reminds me of a riddle.
Why did the nugget patch cross the road?:idunno:
Because they dozed a road through it.

AzNuggetBob

6 hours ago, homefire said:

I'm playing with a  Stacked Basket coil for my DIY PI. 

XCoil2.jpg

0206171202.jpg

Homie I didn't know you where winding your own coils, very cool design.
I haven't tried that design just simple PI Mono coils.

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 3

Yes indeed, nice work Homefire.  :D

I was tempted to show some more pics of coil windings, or get into a discussion of why you chose solid wire and how you plan to shield your coil.   (Maybe in another thread)

But then I realized I just want to see more Arizona gold.

Come on Arizona guys (and gals) !!   There has to be more than a few of us that has found gold with a detector?

Don't make me mention you by name..... :evil1:

Let's see it !!

Luke  :4chsmu1:

• Like 4

Sadly I never took pictures back in the day and some of my biggest finds were in the early 90s, but later on I took a few and I am still bad at remembering to take photos because I am....Well, getting old lol. Here is just under 4 ounces from the same hole hole back in the early 2000s, can't remember which detector

image.png

• Like 8

Lets start a Thread.  I have piles of information anyone would need to DIY a more then decent coil.  I'll start one in the DIY.  Nothing hard line just passing notes ?

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Sadly I never took pictures back in the day and some of my biggest finds were in the early 90s, but later on I took a few and I am still bad at remembering to take photos because I am....Well, getting old lol. Here is just under 4 ounces from the same hole hole back in the early 2000s, can't remember which detector

image.png

I new Bill would not disappoint! Good lookin AU there!

I have only started finding nuggets in the last few months in AZ. These found in Gold Basin are the biggest. (So Far)😉20170912_134919.jpg

The biggest on the right is 5.4 grams. Im looking to join the 1oz club.

Chris

• Like 7