Nugget Shooter Forums

Product Notices for 2017

16 Sep 2017

Pending release of new EQUINOX Series

1200x900-EQUINOX-announcement-FB.png

Representing our most significant coin & treasure introduction since the launch of the CTX 3030 in 2012, Minelab is pleased to announce the pending release of our new EQUINOX Series Metal Detectors.

The EQUINOX Series is the all-terrain multi-purpose detector that obsoletes all single frequency VLF detectors. Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions… just select your detecting location and go!

319463.png

The EQUINOX Series has been designed for the serious coin & treasure enthusiast looking to upgrade to a high performance detector, without the high cost. It’s also suitable for the new detectorist, having several pre-set modes for different detecting locations.  The EQUINOX Series features Minelab’s STATE-OF-THE ART Multi-IQ simultaneous multi-frequency technology and combines fast recovery speed with low-latency wireless audio in a lightweight waterproof platform.

319464.png 
3 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach)
4 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, Multi)
Wired Headphones Supplied  

319465.png       
4 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach, Gold)        
6 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz, 40kHz, Multi)
Bluetooth Headphones and WM 08 Wireless Module Supplied

“EQUINOX, with Multi-IQ, has the potential to obsolete all the traditional VLF detectors that enthusiasts have been using for decades.” –Minelab Electronics Pty Ltd.

Expected retail prices are:

EQUINOX 600    USD 649
EQUINOX 800    USD 899

Other regions will have relative pricing, taking into account variables such as foreign currency exchange rates and government sales taxes.

Further product details and product availability will be announced in the coming weeks, on minelab.com and the Minelab Facebook page.

The autumnal equinox is on the 22nd-23rd of this month.  Next week....

Not to be too critical, but if I had anything to do with the release of a new detector called the 'Equinox' and planned to 'release' it in mid-September, the actual equinox would have been my choice.  :idunno:

Furthermore...  Actually RELEASE the dang detector.  I mean really???  All the hype, and now we get to experience weeks of more speculation and arguments about things that nobody really knows because no one has the actual detector to use. 

Minelab already has the name and the following.   People will buy it or they won't.  Why can't they just set a day and release it on that day?

:arrowheadsmiley:

Luke

Edited by LukeJ
wasn't done venting
  • Like 2

I agree with Luke on this , Minelabs marketing strategy doesn't take to the account some people lose the buy on impulse. I mean the longer it drags on, more people will tire of all the hype. Some of us just want the facts, a few field reviews done by experts and we press the buy button. The longer this drags on...my interest is gone, and I get back to the machine I know and still produces. Anyways just one opinion among others....I feel much better. Is it to much to ask for better discrimination ...if this has it, show it to me...now..  :idunno:

• Like 3

Yeah this has always been Minelab's way of introducing detectors, but most other brands seem to do it for some reason to some extent. I try detectors and if they work for me great if not so be it. I don't like waiting either, just get it out there and lets find some goodies... :tisk-tisk:It doesn't hurt sales much coming from a dealer standpoint because if is a good detector that has newer technology to help me find more stuff I will buy one, simple as that. Before I ever sold any detectors I was usually a fence sitter and waited to hear what others thought before buying. Now I am in the other end and like to get my hands on one to try before I sell them so I am able to accurately describe them to my customers and have experience to draw this information from.

On the other hand this is a doosy of a 2 detector series and also sports Minelab's latest technology and like all their detectors it will do like they say when used correctly. I was hooked forever after the SD 2100 and though I have tried near all the others as they are released I quickly go beck to my trusty Minelab for nugget hunting. Not big on the coin relic hunting part of the hobby, but will still give this beast a go as soon as I can get my mitts on one and the 800 with a gold mode is very interesting indeed.

• Like 4

Would love to see the comparison to the Equinox 800 to the Gold Monster 1000, they both operate in the 40khz frequency...

Dave.

I got a Monster so I think all I need now is a PI.

After watching videos I think the sdc 2300 is easy to run , less buttons and selections to make.

On 9/17/2017 at 5:00 PM, DolanDave said:

Would love to see the comparison to the Equinox 800 to the Gold Monster 1000, they both operate in the 40khz frequency...

Dave.

the GM 1000 is 45 kHz Dave....

• Like 1

I have noticed some of the dealers are already starting a list for the Equinox.............

Would be nice to know about when it might available. My interest is the 800

You might be right Adam , I will see what this Equinox does and that might be all I need to round out my detectors, If so then I will sell my others and just have a couple

to use.

GM 1000 and Equinox 800 should do all that I want.......I think.

We are all taking pre-orders Rick... I will be updating my site later this evening with the option to pre-pay, but were it me I would just stick with what ya have for now unless you plan to sell the others to pay for it. You have a good collection of detectors, just get out and hunt, hunt, hunt....

• Like 4

got out today , at least I found trash this time and with the MXT I got a dime....not in GB , closer to home today.

• Like 1

This is especially interesting to me.. With everything that'd been going on here before and following Irma I totally missed the "info release party" and all ensuing information.. Matter of fact this is the very first anything I've seen about what was released on the 16th..

It isn't like I really "need" a new detector or anything.. But if I was (or am maybe?) going to get one, the Equinox definitely sounds exactly like what I've been wanting for my neck-o-da-woods..

Time to do more research, and await the first round of pro reviews -- which will need to be taken with a grain of salt due to the numerous possible settings as it will take a while to put this detector through all its paces really right..

Swamp

• Like 1

The reason Minelab introduced the Nox like they did is to "freeze" potential buyers of other detectors to wait for the Nox. They are predicting early spring as a release date. I believe it was a very effective move on their part. I think that the new Garrett AT Max release will suffer as will the high freq Deus coil release. E-TRAC, CTX, and GM won't be affected, I believe, as they do different tasks.

Dean

Im waiting to see what the new whites and the  new rumored fisher have to offer first :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...