Nugget Shooter Forums

Then you have this......

1 hour ago, Mike C... said:

:ROFL:I seen one of those flying over the Bradshaws years ago :head: Mike C...:200:

I saw one flying over Rich Hill a few years ago. sure wish I knew the results of that scan?

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

The real problem is you need an robot Excavator. Well there goes my grand kids Tonka toys.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, AzNuggetBob said:

The real problem is you need an robot Excavator. Well there goes my grand kids Tonka toys.
AzNuggetBob

I think a bigger problem is to be able get the proper coil sweep you're going to get a DUI! :alcoholic:

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Mike C... said:

I think Artic Dave knows this guy :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200: Related image

Whoa, must be the new minelab detector being tested in the Bradshaws. With a 75ft coil you will get a 150% increase in depth. Too bad pumping the coil to ground balance will make most people lose their breakfast.

Edited by Desertpilot
  • Like 2

Those copters and detection thingies were all over a few years back...I saw them (it?) at Rich Hill, LSD, all over the Vultures and clear out past Red Basin...I heard locals explain they were backed by a large mining company and they were reading the mineralogy of this whole area... Cheers, Unc

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Uncle Ron said:

Those copters and detection thingies were all over a few years back...I saw them (it?) at Rich Hill, LSD, all over the Vultures and clear out past Red Basin...I heard locals explain they were backed by a large mining company and they were reading the mineralogy of this whole area... Cheers, Unc

Bema Mining I think it was or so I was told, Canadian, big outfit back then and don't know much else....

• Like 1

Here's the future.....You will be able to go on the LR2000 and find an open claim. Send a drone in from your house/office. the drone deploys a robot that takes an initial sample... Then you send in the remote robots with metal detectors to detect and find the localized area.

Time to set up shop send the robots to set up the Wash plant/ Drywasher whichever the data collected says will produce the most gold....... and all from our rocking chairs we have mined the earth for the riches to see us through eternity. 

• Like 1

My prospecting buddy and I saw a chopper hauling one of these "coils" last spring one morning.  We were near Arivaca, AZ and he was heading south towards the border.  A few hours later the chopper was heading back north without the coil.  An hour or so after lunch, the chopper came back carrying a smaller unit and again was on the same heading towards the border.  We figured this contraption was being used to construct some kind of border security electronic device.  But what do I know.  Just a jack ass prospector.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I agree Ron and Bill. Mega coil on steroids.I also heard later that it was/is a large Canadian mining company doing it.
We sat BBQin and watched from by back yard in Congress. it was entertaining. he wasn't just flying over the whole range he was flying up and down the hillsides with it.fun to watch. up and down or maybe he was just ground balancing it? :D he did a grid pattern E-W and N-S. crazy pilot. my guess is, its a magnetometer or ?:idunno:.
AzNuggetBob

The system is used for a number of studies.  Usually Mineralogy. 

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/260384507_fig1_Figure-1-Horizontal-Gradiometer-HGrad-system-mounted-on-a-VTEM-platform

Edited by homefire
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, homefire said:

Thanks Homie

A lot of great info with that link.

AzNuggetBob