Nugget Shooter Forums

Taking the GM1000 for a walk

Looks like I am going to take the GM1000 out for a walk in Gold Basin again on Sat.

Weather is going to about 6 mph wind and a high of 81....I can live with that.

Going to go early in the morning. I got some marker flags so I can flag off an area and not just wander like I have been. Hope it helps as it should.

Anyone wants to meet out there let me know.

• Like 2

Hey Rick ... The flags are a good idea ... unless the ground is rock hard ... I know another guy who uses small cones like the ones they use for sideline markers at the kid's soccer games. He is known for griding and leaving nothing behind ... until the next deeper beeper comes along.

• Like 1

Tomorrow ... Friday ... I leave for Lake Havasu ... I'm going to pursue my second love of competitive bass fishing. Have a tourney Saturday AM starting at 5AM. Will be fishing out of my kayak and chasing 3 giant largemouth bass for the win! :brows: I'll be back Saturday night and hope to do a little detecting Sunday ... maybe a quick Zero Dark Thirty trip to LSD with the Monster(no I don't mean Max ... I mean the GM 1000!) although Max will be with me. 

• Like 1

The odd thing about the GM 1000 is some work great straight out of the box. Then others have trouble with the small coil falsing but then you have guys like me and some others have trouble with both coils.

Right now my GM 1000 is in Minelab's hospital and they said they would let me know if it will make it. Here we got a new Minelab coming on the market this weekend and I find it hard to get excited when I want my first one this year fixed.

I ask for them to give me a 7000 on loan to ease the pain until I get my GM 1000 back. I'm at my door waiting and waiting.

Chuck 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I am pleased thar my monster has had no falsing at all.

One of my big likes is the turn on and go of the monster....love it .   I am waiting to see what this new machine is going to be... I do want to get a PI to fill out my collection.

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

The odd thing about the GM 1000 is some work great straight out of the box. Then others have trouble with the small coil falsing but then you have guys like me and some others have trouble with both coils.

Right now my GM 1000 is in Minelab's hospital and they said they would let me know if it will make it. Here we got a new Minelab coming on the market this weekend and I find it hard to get excited when I want my first one this year fixed.

I ask for them to give me a 7000 on loan to ease the pain until I get my GM 1000 back. I'm at my door waiting and waiting.

Chuck 

Bummer and I have had only one customer out of dozens I have sold the 1000 to experience any issue and it was the small coil (that I know of), but after he secured it well it solved the issue. Please let us know what Minelab tells you was your issue and if they send you a new detector. They are very good about service and shouldn't take long. How long have they had it now? I know it is frustrating for you and wish I could help more, but I am guessing that perhaps out of the thousands of electronic parts including the processors there can and will be duds from the manufacturer of these parts. I have told everyone I sell to to contact me about any issues as I do with all the different detectors I sell. 

Bill

I know Minelab will do whatever it takes to fix or replace the one I sent them. I did ask not to send me another until they know what the trouble is. My reasoning behind this is one guy sent his in  and they sent him another with the same trouble.

What gets me that some have no trouble whatsoever. Then some with the small coil falslng but others like me have that trouble with both coils falsing. I've had the 17000,Extreme,3500,2300 and the 4500 without any trouble. I guess you could say I was due one case of trouble but I could have gone without it.

When you know your dealing with good people at Minelab why worry.

Chuck

• Like 2

Yeah but never fun having to send in your beeper, and the 4500 was one that had allot of early troubles, but Minelab quickly solved the issue and replaced or repaired the detector. This was partially due to a part issue if I remember correctly and I am betting this is solved post haste as well.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, frank c said:

I was kinda comparing them to "girlfriends" Rick,  enjoy !

Well, you can't have too many detectors, but you *can* have too many girlfriends .. :th_panic:  Too much cross-talk .. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I only want one more detector and that is going to be a PI...not sure what one, I do like how simple the SDC2300 is.

I also go to see what the new offering by Minelab is going to be, will get to find that out tomorrow.

Mine too , but I will wait...........will know when I get up in the morning to get ready to head out.

Got every thing all ready to go.

• Like 2

Took the GM out for a walk today , all I got was a long walk in Gold Basin , not even trash this time.

I used my flags and worked an area , but no joy today.

Good thing is I got out and had a good time , even if my legs are gonna fall off . :ROFL:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I flagged off an area about 25x25 and worked it one way the worked it 90 degrees to that then worked it cross corner....still found nothing this time, not even trash.

I thought I was doing it right.

So what did I do wrong ?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. You're either just not getting over a nugget or trash. Or the nuggets and trash are beyond the reach of your detector. Most likely the first one imho. You've proven the ability to use your detector. Another unlikely possibility is your detector is not functioning properly.