Nugget Shooter Forums
Relichunter2016

Alternate blowers for Keene 151

I have an old Keene 151 drywasher, had it for 20 years found some nice gold with it but my blower has gone bad. Any recommendations on alternative blowers that I can use to run the box? Not sure how much CFM or velocity of air I need to run it. I have a Honda generator, so the blower can be electric just not sure what's out there that would be sufficient to move the material down the riffles. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

The replacement for the 151 is the 151S, the blower for the 151S has 2000 CFM.

"

Vibrostatic Dry Washer with Hot Air Induction
151S_lg_100x89.jpg
151S_100x114.jpg

151S

PRODUCT DETAILS

The Model 151 has proven to be the world’s leader for over 5 decades. It has only been surpassed by our New Model 190 series combination dry washer. We have incorporated many of the patented designs of the Model 190 into our improved Model 151S. Some of the new features include “Soft Bed Technology” that creates greater electrostatic charged recovery bed. “Scrubbing Pins” for early separation of gold and even flow before entry into the recovery tray. “Preheated Air” up to 50 degrees above ambient temperature is ducted into the radial blower to assist in drying damp material. “New Improved Vibrator System” creating greater vibration at lower engine speeds for increased gold production. “Blast Gate Technology” enables the user to make infinite adjustments to vibration and air pressure in the recovery container. The folding support legs are now equipped with “Vibration transfer brackets” that transfer energy to the hopper for more complete and efficient classification. The folding support legs also makes this model a dream assembly and also comes with 10 feet of heavy duty 4 inch ducting hose. The hopper has been enlarged for greater capacity to include steeper sides to prevent any possibility of material build up. 
Weight 99 lbs. Shipping weight 112 lbs. 
Engine
Radial
Blower
Discharge
Hose
Fuel
Capacity
Fuel
Consumption
Capacity
5 HP
Briggs & Stratton
4" x 2000 CFM
10' x 4"
Vinyl Hose
1 Quart
3 Gallons
Per Hours
Exeeds 2 Tons
Per Hour

"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

"

151S_lg_100x89.jpg
151S_100x114.jpg

151S

PRODUCT DETAILS

The Model 151 has proven to be the world’s leader for over 5 decades. It has only been surpassed by our New Model 190 series combination dry washer. We have incorporated many of the patented designs of the Model 190 into our improved Model 151S. Some of the new features include “Soft Bed Technology” that creates greater electrostatic charged recovery bed. “Scrubbing Pins” for early separation of gold and even flow before entry into the recovery tray. “Preheated Air” up to 50 degrees above ambient temperature is ducted into the radial blower to assist in drying damp material. “New Improved Vibrator System” creating greater vibration at lower engine speeds for increased gold production. “Blast Gate Technology” enables the user to make infinite adjustments to vibration and air pressure in the recovery container. The folding support legs are now equipped with “Vibration transfer brackets” that transfer energy to the hopper for more complete and efficient classification. The folding support legs also makes this model a dream assembly and also comes with 10 feet of heavy duty 4 inch ducting hose. The hopper has been enlarged for greater capacity to include steeper sides to prevent any possibility of material build up. 
Engine
Radial
Blower
Discharge
Hose
Fuel
Capacity
Fuel
Consumption
Capacity
5 HP
Briggs & Stratton
4" x 2000 CFM
10' x 4"
Vinyl Hose
1 Quart
3 Gallons
Per Hours
Exeeds 2 Tons
Per Hour

"I believe that should read 3 hrs per gal, I like the cast iron sleeve makes it worth rebuilding.

Edited by devilishjim
  • Like 1

ECHO blowers come in many sizes and very reliable. We used them for many years-John

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

"

151S_lg_100x89.jpg
151S_100x114.jpg

151S

PRODUCT DETAILS

Engine
Radial
Blower
Discharge
Hose
Fuel
Capacity
Fuel
Consumption
Capacity
5 HP
Briggs & Stratton
4" x 2000 CFM
10' x 4"
Vinyl Hose
1 Quart
3 Gallons
Per Hours
Exeeds 2 Tons
Per Hour

"

I used the new Briggs motor. I wasn't impressed as I think the fan must be larger. There was way to much air even after setting it to the lowest setting. Had to rig the govener just to use it. Used a bit more fuel also. Find a used Honda off Craigslist or just buy a new motor to mount to your old blower housing.

• Like 1

I have a old Weed Eater been using for over 10 years.  Poor thing looks like it did battle with a bear from rolling around in the truck a few times.  It starts when you want it too. 

The engines are made by Poulan  and about bullet proof.

Pick mine up at a yard sale way back when for $5.00

Looks like this one.

WeedEater.jpg

• Like 1

Have you tried a small engine repair shop?  Something like a lawnmower repair may get it.  Had a buddy that had a 151 blower fixed at shop and the blower runs great.  It's the older black 151, so it could be 20 years old.

I know very little about small engines, and way too little to give any advice about specifically what to look for.  Watched a few youtube videos trying to fix my four cycle weed blower.  Never got it working myself.

• Like 1

"There was way too much air even after setting it to the lowest setting. "  B.D.      Wonder if one of these hyper-blowers would run two boxes? Now you got me thinking  :ROFL: