Nugget Shooter Forums

Had to Get a Picture

Andyy

I was out at night in the Goodwin Fire burn area. (RRPC members have been given approval to work the claims - with the proper documents, even before the end of September)   I thought I would check out some RRPC claims and see how much had been cleared by the fire.  Truth is, not much, in the #7 claims.  The fire was really sporadic.  Not even much flooding.   In a  couple areas you could see where some extra waters flowed through.  But thankfully it did not come close to washing out the road.

Anyways, I am detecting, enjoying the peacefulness and cooler temperatures for a change, when my green headlamp reflects off a strange white shape (maybe 60'' away).   I stare at it for a minute to be sure I am not being stalked by another prospector  and then forgot about if for some time.  You laugh at this, but I swear at night, if you stare at something, your mind will play tricks on you and make you think it's moving.  I can't tell you how many times I verbally interrogated trees and rock cairns in the midnight hours.  Well after coming back to my vehicle, I saw what it was and why I did not recognize the shape.  Looks like a couple claim markers did not make it.

claim_marker.jpg

• Haha 5

Andy,

I hear ya on the brain games at night. It's funny how it plays tricks on ya and gets a little spooky sometimes lol.

• Like 3

I know exactly where you were.....   :brows:   So, how'd you do?   Any dinky dinks?

I stopped using the colored lights.  I can't see well enough and it strains my eyes.  I use the white light and just get used to the idea that there's bugs on the brim of my hat.

One thing I've noticed is the bugs aren't too bad while you're detecting, but when you stop to dig and the light shines on the ground, things get interesting real quick.  Taking a 'shower' in Deep Woods Off is useful, and helps keep the skeeters off my neck.  Scorpions and Black widows are another thing.  

• Like 1

Yep, that marker is the first one of the set, when you drive in from Mayer.  Nobody gave me a hassle.  Then again, not many out that late.  

Bill - the GM would be great to try in some of those areas.  I will eventually get one.  But not going to be able to afford one with the dinks I've been getting lately.  LOL. Also, if you go to the claims, be sure to print out the letter on the RRPC website.  You need it if stopped.

Luke - yeah I got a one grainer in a different part of the wash I hadn't hit before.  (too embarrassing to show)   The areas I hit before didn't appear to get much flooding at all and still a lot of vegetation, unfortunately.

Edited by Andyy
  • Like 1

I dont know where the He!! you are but I hope you got some yellow stuff :)
Tom H.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LukeJ said:

I stopped using the colored lights.  I can't see well enough and it strains my eyes.  I use the white light and just get used to the idea that there's bugs on the brim of my hat.

One thing I've noticed is the bugs aren't too bad while you're detecting, but when you stop to dig and the light shines on the ground, things get interesting real quick.  Taking a 'shower' in Deep Woods Off is useful, and helps keep the skeeters off my neck.  Scorpions and Black widows are another thing.  

Luke - I switched from the red lights because they started to bother me after a while, as well.  With the green, you don't get any of that.  You basically see it as a white light after a few minutes.

Never seen Black Widows out there ... thankfully.   (I HATE SPIDERS)   Scorpions ... oh yeah.. plenty of them.  :brows: