Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mn90403

Sensational?

Bill and Kevin,

Can you say anything about this before the 16th?

IMG_0572.PNG

Whats a "single freq" detector?  Is this a new movie coming out ? I dont understand.....

You'll just have to wait! :idunno:

Sorry Guys, Minelab indeed is coming out with something pretty amazing, but silence before the official announcement or OFF WITH MY HEAD image.png

Don't know much myself.....

haha, Bill; you know enough to keep quiet...

I can hear the oz-naysayers grousing already...too much hype, too costly...blahl, blah...

fred

Seems like the newest, latest greatest pops out of ML about every 45 minutes! :Just_Cuz_06:  Cheers, Unc

Ron,

You are right ... so many choices ... I can find gold with what I've got now if I just knew where to go in Gold Basin!  haha

I know where the meteorites are.

I'll be there tomorrow.

Mitchel

Waiting    :2mo5pow:   I am thinking maybe a cross between the GM 1000 and a Eureka Gold with the 3 freqs.....Hmmmm , interesting.

Minelab never NEVER quits going forward in all sections of out hobby/business/ or..... Thing is often that new technology will overflow from one section of detecting such as gold to another such as coins or relics....... There have been rumors this affect.  Also rumors of  huge advances in discrimination abilities across the board and truth is who knows, but in a few short days the next step forward will be announced and as always I am looking forward to it.

Hey Unc. if they didn't keep feeding us newer better technology we would sure get bored fast :Just_Cuz_06: 

5 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Sorry Guys, Minelab indeed is coming out with something pretty amazing, but silence before the official announcement or OFF WITH MY HEAD image.png

Don't know much myself.....

Minelab wouldn't really cut off your head would they Bill, I thought that kind of capital punishment was outlawed a long time ago? :yikes:

I guess it would be best to keep quiet just to be on the safe side!!  :shhhhh:

I'm thinking the price will be multiplied by the number of frequencies. Interesting.

It seems Minelab can adapt the same general housings, circuit boards, and components to make multiple detectors appealing to the masses, with the promise of each one being the cutting edge detector that will discriminate the junk and find all the gold you missed for all the years before........

39 minutes ago, fishing8046 said:

It seems Minelab can adapt the same general housings, circuit boards, and components to make multiple detectors appealing to the masses, with the promise of each one being the cutting edge detector that will discriminate the junk and find all the gold you missed for all the years before........

Fisher-whites-garret they all do it :idunno: So what :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200:

Equinox might be the rumered name of the new beeper info from Steve Hs  site :4chsmu1: Mike C...

1 hour ago, Mike C... said:

Equinox might be the rumered name of the new beeper info from Steve Hs  site :4chsmu1: Mike C...

What a lame name......I can even spell it 

19 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

...rumors of  huge advances in discrimination abilities across the board...

This is a large portion of my thinking when I Stamp Of Approval'ed the GM1K based on its futuristic / forward-thinking tec..

As storage capacity and processing power continue to increase while being housed in ever-smaller containment devices the more likely the probability new code has been / is being written that has the ability to discriminate in a non-compromised (as in: no loss of primary target feedback / data as is the current method due to generalized futzing with VDI) manner..

Having the ability to disappear specific objects ( for ex: Corona Light bottle tops, square nails of xx/yy composition, the screw-on cap to Cuzzin Buford's jerky-peach wine coolers, condiment packs, the metallic inner seal to Fanny's caffeenated imitation juice drink substitute with added vitamin C, etc., etc. & so on ) will be a huge game changer for detectors and detectorists alike..!

Swamp

What if I like my Single Frequency, No Bells, No Whistles, I can Work On if it breaks, I know what ta Ell it's telling me Affordable Detector ? Do I get to Keep It ?

10 minutes ago, homefire said:

What if I like my Single Frequency, No Bells, No Whistles, I can Work On if it breaks, I know what ta Ell it's telling me Affordable Detector ? Do I get to Keep It ?

Yup, same as me..

I didn't mention, but should have, ya gotta remember the primary market for which this detector was mfg'd.. I think the fact it's also caught on here stateside is pure bonus & gravy for Minelab.. The tec itself for detectors other than the GM1K is just getting started, most noticeable I would think in the Z..

Swamp

Now if they could add lead and brass discrimination, then I would totally be game for a new detector.  I'm not asking for much.  :evil1:

23 minutes ago, Andyy said:

Now if they could add lead and brass discrimination, then I would totally be game for a new detector.  I'm not asking for much.  :evil1:

Give them a little time,  I'm sure that is in the works too.

My ancient Whites GMT is excellent for both gold and coins, once you spend a couple years learning it..Cheers, Unc

Since this is being revealed in England at the Detectival, and the ad states: Minelab obsoletes all single freq vlf detectors, Im thinking this is another similar/ upgraded coin/ relic machine that will use multi frequencies like an updated etrac, since the CTX 3030 hasnt been out to long. I know Brandon Ray Neice has been posting facebook pictures of finds using it, and he has been using it for coins and relics, so it is not a gold detector.

Dave