Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi, here are some pictures of my meteorites

Thank you! They are suspected Martian meteorites, I have done the preliminary analysis for the specimens. I wonder what should I do the next and where I can sell them. Here are just a few pictures of some of my meteorites, and I have a lot more of them

I am not the chondrite expert, but i have never heard of a meteorite that flows liquid, and drys white crystal. Still like Bill said Wow, those are some pictures. I think # 4 and #5 are interesting. Thanks for sharing, and good luck with classification. If you are looking for somewhere to send your suspects. Look into New England Met. Lab they are great and only costs $20. :brows:

The analysis results show that it is in accordance with  martian meteorite mineral composition, The carbonaceous chondrites contain lots of metallic spherulites , the element carbon and 98% iron, native iron doesn't even exist in terrestrials, and do any ordinary rocks have fusion crust? I know real experts would recognize them

CC's do not contain anywhere near 98% iron, native iron is not a definitive meteorite analysis and absolutely 100% occurs in terrestrial rocks - that's why it's called native iron (or telluric iron), Mars rocks are very similar in composition to Earth rocks - composition does not confirm extraterrestrial origin.  I see no indication of fusion crust in any of your pictures.  Terrestrial oxide coating is not fusion crust.

I agree, real experts would recognize meteorites, I invite you to have one look at your rocks first, then get back to us.

Edited by Mikestang
  • Like 1

This suspect achondrite weighs 9.5kg, it exploded into pieces when it fell on the ground, some of them were even hundreds of meters away, it took me long time to find all the pieces , and I put them all together when I return

.QQ图片20170908173525.jpgQQ图片20170908173531.jpg

Edited by HXY0034