Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Gonna Roast me and zed


Recommended Posts

I'd quote Fred if I could remember just what he said.    Good luck Bro.  

   Old Tom

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Have you guys heard of an 80 degree night?  It is wonderful without a beating sun.

Get a good light.

Mitchel

I also heard of a 180 degree turn an that leads me straight to my recliner.  I'll leave the night and critters to you younger studs for now and wait till the coolness sets in.  It's coming and I'll get my share then, you can make book on that.  :black_knight_standing: 

   Old Tom

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Way too dangerous to hunt at night here, not wide open spaces and lots of holes and brush and lots to trip a feller up. Tried nights here before and no way.... Anyway went to an area I have been looking at on google earth to putter around a bit and though it got hot to fast to stay long I managed 3 little buggers from a hillside that just looked right when I got there. Seems I have a new place to plat this fall.....

Image may contain: night and sky

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Way to go Bro.  I knew you could produce in this heat.  I'd say that you have another fun place to go to now.  Were you using the Monster?  

   Old Tom  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Old Tom said:

Way to go Bro.  I knew you could produce in this heat.  I'd say that you have another fun place to go to now.  Were you using the Monster?  

   Old Tom  

I was using my GPZ 7000 Tom... :black_knight_standing:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bill, I'd love to see your results with the Monster and the ZED at the spot near Vulture Mine I told you about...I found lots of gold out there but not in the gulch I told you about... 1/4 - 1/2 ozers....and some awesome specimens too!  Cheers, Unc

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Uncle Ron said:

Bill, I'd love to see your results with the Monster and the ZED at the spot near Vulture Mine I told you about...I found lots of gold out there but not in the gulch I told you about... 1/4 - 1/2 ozers....and some awesome specimens too!  Cheers, Unc

 

Soon as it cool down Unc I will be on it.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Way too dangerous to hunt at night here, not wide open spaces and lots of holes and brush and lots to trip a feller up. Tried nights here before and no way.... Anyway went to an area I have been looking at on google earth to putter around a bit and though it got hot to fast to stay long I managed 3 little buggers from a hillside that just looked right when I got there. Seems I have a new place to plat this fall.....

Image may contain: night and sky

Photo is a little blurred, but those look to be about the size  and shape nuggets that I have been finding up here on the Lynx lately.  I had a VA appointment this morning (lab work done) and then "attempted" to go out at around 9am.  But by the time I finally got to the spot, got set up and ready to beep I know the temp was well over 90 with humidity at or above 28%.  Couldn't keep the sweat out of my eyes even with a sweat band( a "cute" little red and orange one that I hi-graded from my wife).  Maybe I'll try again tomorrow, but start at or around 7am instead of almost 10-ish.  Gary

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was hunting in "High Yield" since it was shallow ground (8 or 10 in) and with the newest upgrade I am able to hunt with a gain of 13 out there or at least today anyway. Soon as it cools enough for ye get your happy azz down the hill :rasberry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

I was hunting in "High Yield" since it was shallow ground (8 or 10 in) and with the newest upgrade I am able to hunt with a gain of 13 out there or at least today anyway. Soon as it cools enough for ye get your happy azz down the hill :rasberry:

"Yea-zzer !!!"  :thumbsupanim  When I had it out today, I was in some exposed bedrock was a gray volcanic kind of stuff.  I have found many nuggets in this.   

I also had it in High Yield and started off with a Sensitivity of 20, but it was just too loud and "too-obnoxiously-chatty" so I had to bring it down to about 13.  This helped a bit, but the overhead power lines about 3/4 of a mile away didn't make fore a nice smooth and quiet Threshold.  It never did calm down.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You all (well one of you) laugh about my new water mister but I've been out religiously in this heat, and look at you all winging (moaning) about the heat... sheesh... ya bunch of poofs / wooses (said with love)... get out there ya lightweights!!! :4chsmu1:

It ain't that bad, dress light, carry lots of water, stop for breaks.... before you know it you'll be on gold and glad you went.....

Jen

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...