Nugget Shooter Forums

Behold.... Some Goldmaster gold

LukeJ

Well, Goldmaster V/sat to be exact.  :D

A few weeks ago, I decided I needed to find some gold with the first detector I ever purchased.  It was the detector I was using when I introduced myself to this forum and I had only ever been skunked with it.  Now that I have a little knowledge and experience, I figured it was time I learned to hunt like the 'old pros'.  What a rewarding experience.  :yesss:

I started out using the DD shooter coil since I was just going for crumbs and planned to hunt shallow bedrocky areas.  I found gold on four consecutive hunts.  All places that I'd been before, and some I had 'hammered' with the SDC.  I was quite surprised at how many birdshot were still in the ground at these locations.  The SDC will find some, but not all, and missed some gold too.  In one location, I scored a 1.25g nugget after kicking a hot rock aside.  The target sound changed to a ironstone 'boinger' and after digging it out, a nice zip-zip lead me to my second biggest nugget so far.  Any decent detector could have found this nugget, I believe,  as it was only 4-5 inches deep.  I think the combination of hotrock and coldstone masked it.  Lucky for me,  I was going slow and looking for dinks.  :arrowheadsmiley:

Last week, I picked up a 5" concentric coil for the Goldmaster and was able to give it a try this last weekend.  Dean and I went back to the 'Birthday nugget' spot to see what the monsoons had done since we were last there.  Not long after we started to hunt, I found my first yellow with the new coil.  Then,  I had a series of digging up mineralized spots that faded into oblivion.  :idunno:   I tried to re-focus my efforts in the area where I found the first nugget.  After moving a couple watermelon sized rocks in a spot that looked 'good to me', I scored two more for the day.  One of which, was a nice .83 grammer.

So here's the pics.  The nuggets on the patina'd dime in the pan were found with the Shooter DD coil.  The nuggets found with the GMT 5" concentric coil are the three largest ones on the 1992 dime.

Good times....   :4chsmu1:

Luke

20170823_085849 (2).jpg

20170827_111758 (2).jpg

Absolutely tanfastic Luke.  Like good cheese you keep getting better with age.  Seems like you can't miss anymore.  :4chsmu1:  

Old Tom  

3 minutes ago, Old Tom said:

Seems like you can't miss anymore.  :4chsmu1:  

Oh, I still miss.  I just don't post about those times.  :shhhhh:

Extra extra read all about it    "OLD SCHOOL DETECTOR FINDS GOLD IN THE DESERT".

Nice nuggets Luke. Just shows time and a little effort will snag gold with the older machines also. This is a good show of results for the fellers that think they NEED the new machines to find the gold. For the guys/gals out there that are wanting to get into this with very little funds or have an older machine and cant afford a new one, this is an example of what you can find with some hard work and thinking outside of the box. Move them rocks, or get way up under that bush where no one else checked. Its still there for the "Older Machines" to find, just have to help them out a bit.

Some  nice gold there...That 6" Shooter coil will rival a 6" GB2 coil... I did some of the earliest testing on the Shooter coil and I think Bill still has it up on his Nuggetshooter Articles section ...The first one Jimmy Sierra sent me was really noisy and falsey...It didn't have a name yet, but the second one was much better ... I still have it around here someplace ... Great speck finder and works great on the GM-VSAT (one of my favorite Goldmasters...Way to go on the nice finds...Cheers, Unc

WTG Luke! :yesss:

You never cease to amaze me :)
Tom H.

"Dang Luke"  You're either on a Hot Streak, or in a Hot area for gold.................You're most likely in a Hot area Temp-wise as well........Nice looking gold.  Gary

Congratulation Mr. LukeJ, very nice gold.

Always makes me feel good when an old time detector comes thru.  I have been running the Goldmaster3 for over a dozen years and it rarely lets me down.  Even though it is old school tech. , it is still a "SKUNK BUSTER"  Don't dismiss the 10 inch coil either.  Have found lots of  dinks with it before I got the 6 incher.

Bob

Not the detector that finds gold.... Nope, the detector just helps ya recover it, operator still has to get the coil over it. I can't count the times folks have come to my shop to buy a "better beeper" than the already decent gold machine they own so they can find gold. I politely explain no detector $8000.00 or $800.00 is going to find a nugget unless ya get it over one so you don't need a better beeper just a better plan. Once ya learn to find gold the folks good at it can do it with any good gold detector, but at that point there are options to recover more from the area with different technology.

You got to be the better beeper personally :old:

2 minutes ago, Bill Southern said:

Not the detector that finds gold.... Nope, the detector just help ya recover it, operator still has to get the coil over it. I can't count the times folks have come to my shop to buy a "better beeper" than the already decent gold machine they own so they can find gold. I politely explain no detector $8000.00 or $800.00 is going to find a nugget unless ya get it over one so you don't need a better beeper just a better plan. Once ya learn to find gold the folks good at it can do it with any good gold detector, but at that point there are options to recover more from the area with different technology.

Well said Bill.

Nail on the head, my friend!...Cheers, Unc

12 hours ago, nugget108 said:

Extra extra read all about it    "OLD SCHOOL DETECTOR FINDS GOLD IN THE DESERT".

Nice nuggets Luke. Just shows time and a little effort will snag gold with the older machines also. This is a good show of results for the fellers that think they NEED the new machines to find the gold. For the guys/gals out there that are wanting to get into this with very little funds or have an older machine and cant afford a new one, this is an example of what you can find with some hard work and thinking outside of the box. Move them rocks, or get way up under that bush where no one else checked. Its still there for the "Older Machines" to find, just have to help them out a bit.

Luke mentioned the monsoons bringing back some color.  I'm glad it did for any detector to find.

My 'take' on this is that the old machines were pretty good in the hands of some people.  They cleaned out a lot of spots.  That is one of the reasons that the New technology doesn't find even more gold.  In many cases we are still getting what was missed on patches rather than getting a new patch or gold that is invisible to old technology.

I think my argument is not so true when it comes to small to tiny gold.  The 7000, 2300 and 1000 do find gold that is invisible to other detectors and older technology.  At least it has done that for me.

Nuget108 ... you are right about not having to spend a lot of money to find gold with a detector.  Many detectors can be bought now for less than $300 that will find gold.

Mitchel

Nice gold, Luke.  And great character on those nuggets!  Lov'em

Pretty impressive, indeed!

Luke, you have put in the time and hard work to learn your craft well. Always open to new ideas and willing to change things up. The keys to success! Good job my friend!!

Dean

I've said it before and I'll say it again....

I feel privileged to be able to participate in this forum and happy to be counted amongst it's members.

I frequent a couple other gold forums.  But this is the one I consider to be my 'home'.  It has everything do to with the people who make up this special group.

Thank you to Bill and everyone here who chooses to associate with him.

Luke

Archived