Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JOHNM

addendum to lynx creek az

i guess i should say that there are better areas in lynx creek than i have been finding. i know it does't give up huge nugs but i'm sure i could do better than  a half a gram in 3 days.

Try Rose Creek......

I've been to Lynx Creek a number of times as it is just a few miles from my home in Prescott Valley. I have been skunked more times than I have gone home with detected gold. Panned gold is a different story ... never been skunked panning there. Generally Lynx is heavily detected because it is so easy to get to. A little hiking and hill climbing will provide better results than right along the creek itself I have found. It seems the further I go back away from the creek in certain directions the better I do there. On the other hand I usually go there by default when I only have a couple hours to detect so I stay fairly close. That translates to the skunks in many cases. When I have a full day or at least 4-5 hours I rarely get skunked. Moral of the story hike out a bit!

11 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Try Rose Creek......

Spent some time looking for Rose Creek, and apparently it's private property and developed into a mall?  I guess it goes from Fain park to Prescott Mall.  I only found one post on it and that was five years old with People thinking the creek was privately owned, but they Fain Group that owns it let the weekend prospectors go.  For me, It's a two and a half hour dive up there, and may be a little more research.

Last time I went out to Lynx, I was surprised at the housing going up there.  Seems to be built right up to the recreational area.