Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JOHNM

gold fever / lynx creek

you might have gold fever if your tennis shoes have been wet for 2 days and they smell like they were in your locker for a year and you get athletes foot from them. . you might have gold fever when you pan in water that's coming off a mountain snow while its raining. you might have gold fever if you fantasize your dry panning  when your cleaning your  cats litter box  (there's probably more gold in the box than i found at Fly Poop creek            ( oop's, Lynx creek).  i was gonna put might have gold fever if you go out in this heat but boulder dash beat me to it. nice pieces you got there dash!!!!               tried hiking in on bank vault road to see if I could better gold . didn't do too great. talked to a guy who said go 1-2' deep and don't dig in a pre dug hole. and another guy say's he will dig in a used hole.   i can't find anything bigger than a pin head. this guy had almost a gram in 3 days. it's been good experience for a newbie like me  but i got maybe a half gram in 3 long , hard days work.  i'm sure a lot depends on timing the flow of the creek after rains. i guess thats just the way it is at lynx. anyone got any tips without giving up their honey holes?  AND PLEASE DON'T JUST PUT GOLD IS WHERE YOU FIND IT!!!   TIRED OFF THAT SAYING.

I used to dig and clean off bedrock where others had removed dirt, then I cleaned the bedrock cracks out they didn't bother with. I got a 1/2 ounce nugget once doing that very thing... Always did better crack cleaning than just running dirt through a pan from a hole....

• Like 3

If you want to get rich from gold you need to start selling prospecting supplies to other people. More money in outfitting would be prospectors than in the actual prospecting. lol. Seriously though, don't give up, it takes time and patience.

On 9/7/2017 at 9:41 AM, Rebel73153 said:

If you want to get rich from gold you need to start selling prospecting supplies to other people. More money in outfitting would be prospectors than in the actual prospecting. lol. Seriously though, don't give up, it takes time and patience.

Mining the Miners:4chsmu1:the only problem is most miners are Broke :idunno:Mike C...:200:

Edited by Mike C...

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:59 PM, JOHNM said:

you might have gold fever if your tennis shoes have been wet for 2 days and they smell like they were in your locker for a year and you get athletes foot from them. . you might have gold fever when you pan in water that's coming off a mountain snow while its raining. you might have gold fever if you fantasize your dry panning  when your cleaning your  cats litter box  (there's probably more gold in the box than i found at Fly Poop creek            ( oop's, Lynx creek).  i was gonna put might have gold fever if you go out in this heat but boulder dash beat me to it. nice pieces you got there dash!!!!               tried hiking in on bank vault road to see if I could better gold . didn't do too great. talked to a guy who said go 1-2' deep and don't dig in a pre dug hole. and another guy say's he will dig in a used hole.   i can't find anything bigger than a pin head. this guy had almost a gram in 3 days. it's been good experience for a newbie like me  but i got maybe a half gram in 3 long , hard days work.  i'm sure a lot depends on timing the flow of the creek after rains. i guess thats just the way it is at lynx. anyone got any tips without giving up their honey holes?  AND PLEASE DON'T JUST PUT GOLD IS WHERE YOU FIND IT!!!   TIRED OFF THAT SAYING.

Hello JOHNM,

I know that I responded to one of your "other" posts (complaints) on this forum regarding Lynx Creek, and either haven't read it as yet, or didn't particularly cared for my response, so I will reiterate on pretty much the same subject:  

It's the one who analyses  an area-situation; who gathers relevant information, and then uses this information along-with their knowledge and insight from past examples as to where gold could be, should be, ... and then where it "IS" (based on variable factors that determine just where gold will settle) that will determine the SUCCESS, or SKUNKSVILLE outcome of any endeavor.  And, I don't think that there is anyone out there who swings a detector (including myself) who can definitively say that "every search is a success, nor that they have never been Skunked out there!!  With each hunt just look at it as a  game,... a challenge with mother nature and the forces of water flow, gravity, erosion, gradient, obstacles, etc.  They all play an important part.  When you get these factors figured out, it won't make any difference just "WHAT"prospecting Tool(s) (or combination of tools) you decide to utilize in an area, (metal detector, dry washer, gold pan, pick and shovel, hi banker or any combination of the above) Success will come from your Brain-Power-Tool. :old:GOOD LUCK,   [by the way, all the nuggets that you see pictured on my ID Icon came from Lynx Creek].  Gary        

• Like 5

Hey GDM/PV,   apologies for posts (complaints) and not responding . I get very little computer time:tisk-tisk: . I hope my posts don't sound like complaints because I was just joking around about "you might have gold fever"  thing.  I do appreciate :4chsmu1:all the input as I am completely new to this hobby. Just trying to learn from you guys. this site and responses  have been very  helpful.    thanks JOHNM

Edited by JOHNM
grammer
  • Like 4

On 8/27/2017 at 8:59 PM, JOHNM said:

Its your technique dude.  

Fly poop is a derogatory word manifested by " prospectors" whom are not very good at what they do , so they insult the gold. 

Two sayings im tired of hearing...Fly poop, and muslin cloth

Edited by adam
  • Haha 1

adam, you hit the nail on the head. i still have a lot to learn

• Like 1

I think the amount of gold you found, a half gram, is a good take for Lynx creek.  I go up there because I always find some color, but never find a lot of color.  The best color I found was on the banks in dime sized gravel after sampling quite a few areas.  I did not have enough water to really work this stuff.  The puddle I was using to pan kept turning to muck and the gold would float out in that muck when I tried to pan it.

All I can say is find what works for you in that area.

It's tempting to listen to someone out there digging a hole.  Truth is that guy is probably just as smart as finding color out there as you are.  The guy may have been there twenty or thirty times, and keeps coming back because of that one time that technique worked for him.  How it worked for him, is really his definition, whether he took a gram over a couple hours of work, so keeps repeating the technique or pulled a quarter ounce nugget and is doing the same thing hoping to find one every time he goes out.  If that technique worked all the time, he'd be making a living off it.

I have used holes others have abandoned and had bad luck.  I've started to dig my own, but I had bad luck.  Those techniques work for some, not me.  I met another couple who fell behind in bills and went to pan there for a couple of weeks, and at week two when I saw them they showed me their gold, and it was about 1 gram, or $30.

I think Lynx could be worked to make a little money, but only if you could bring a sluice there during the snow melts.  Other than that, you're really just practicing.

• Like 1

thx chrisski,   i appreciate the comment.  timing is probably everything at lynx.  water flow, run off etc.  it would be nice to make a little money but at my experience level i'm just hoping to cover expenses.  

You ought to look at dry washing.  Many club claims a lot closer than lynx creek. 

Lost Dutchman's mine is much closer to you than Lynx creek, just have to find it!!