Nugget Shooter Forums

On 11/14/2017 at 4:34 PM, homefire said:

05 05 16  A Bad Bad thing happened to me.   A few weeks later I was told I died.  I would have never known if no one would have told me.  SOOO my guess is Dying is Over Rated.  No Excitement.   No Thrills.  No Visiting  long missed friends and family.   Just some NOTHING.   LOTS and Lots of NOTHING. 

Primarily because you've mentioned this incident a few times in the past and left it hanging in this same manner, I have a couple of questions for you.. Hope you don't mind filling in some of the blanks:

Where did this take place? -- as in: at home or in the hospital (seemingly the two most probable locations..)?

Regardless where this happened, were you "illin'" at the time or did it happen "out of the blue" to an otherwise feelin' alright you..?

If this happened in a hospital, were you conscious just hangin' out in bed wired to monitors or were you unconscious under anesthesia on an operating table..?

It's the being told part that has my curiosity (and confusion) the most, since to me that infers you were fortunate enough to be being monitored, which would make for quick detection and resussitation.. At the same time though, the only way I can picture you're not knowing something'd gone down until weeks later is if you were unconscious at the time of its happening..

Help me out here, Homie.. Thanks..

Swamp

• Like 1

A incident took place here at the home.  Health at said time Nominal.   After air e vac it seems I expired for some time in the hospital in El Paso.  Cause !   Major head trauma.  Cause of Head Trauma ?   Following a long term state of Deep Depression I indulged in some Excessive Alcohol consumption and Stupidity.   I'll keep the rest in my pocket for now .  LOL

Being kept in a Catatonic state for the first weeks I didn't find out until it was  time to wake up .   

• Like 1
3 hours ago, homefire said:

A incident took place here at the home.  Health at said time Nominal.   After air e vac it seems I expired for some time in the hospital in El Paso.  Cause !   Major head trauma.  Cause of Head Trauma ?   Following a long term state of Deep Depression I indulged in some Excessive Alcohol consumption and Stupidity.   I'll keep the rest in my pocket for now .  LOL

Being kept in a Catatonic state for the first weeks I didn't find out until it was  time to wake up .   

Well Homie I for one am glad you survived the ordeal :yesss:, these forums wouldn't be the same without you, whether you know it or not you are a major part of these forums!! :brows:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not so Major.  Just one more in the Crowd of Voices.   But the forums sure are a hoot.    You didn't ask about Lesions Learned ?   Only One big one.   Any Day You Wake Up has the Potential to be  Good Day.   Try not to make it a Chitty Day.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

In 1984, my Dad had a couple of heart attacks and went to the hospital  ... They got him all hooked up on monitors and such and shortly he had another one that killed him...temporarily until they brought him back ... Next day my sister and I got down from N. CA to see him in his San Bernardino hospital room ...  He was very upset and crying ...He said that while he was dead, he saw horrible things which he would not describe ... He said that he learned he had been a bad, selfish person and was now terrified of dying...I asked him if it hurt to die and he said no ... The weird thing is that Dad mentored thousands of young people over his many years as a coach and athletic director had given so much of himself and was hugely respected   ... He also had taken care my Mother who suffered from MS for more than 10 years, which was a horrible, soul wrenching job .... She had been totally paralyzed on her left side by a mistake made during a spinal tap ...  Many years later, in 2008, he came to have prostate cancer and finally had to go into hospice ... As the end grew near, he was again terrified of dying, saying he was afraid the death being painful ...  I told him to remember he'd already died and said it didn't hurt, so don't worry about it ... On his final night on earth, my wife, my daughter and I were in Dad's darkened room and we could see and hear he was having trouble breathing ... The three of us were standing over him when suddenly all three of us saw what looked like a glowing white fog rose out of his body ... He was still technically alive for another 4 or 5 hours but the three of us remain convinced we saw his spirit leave his body!  It was really weird that at his funeral I stood over him and looked at his remains and felt almost nothing because I knew I wasn't looking at Dad ...I think of that often... I've had my own seeming out of body experiences from the time I was 8 years old and having appendix operation, an experience that seem as vivid and real as it was 64 years ago...But that's a story for another time...Cheers, Unc

• Like 2

darn Unc, that story made the hair on the back of my neck raise up. I believe there is really something to it for sure. Years ago when my grandmother was on her deathbed and in a coma, she sit up opened her eyes wide and said the word or name Maime (sp). Later during the funeral we learned from a relative the Maime was her best friend to had previously passed.  Darn it...now I'm gettin goose bumps.

• Like 1

Wow...interesting stories. I have one myself which really blew me away, I was 17 and went to bed to sleep and had this dream. I had a dream about his elderly woman whom my parents have known for many years. In my dream she was in a hospital walking in the hall way  but on each side of her was a nurse holding her arm assisting her to walk. She was a Roman Catholic and in my dream she wore a crucifix on a chain around her neck and that was it and I finally awoke in the morning. I wondered why I had dreamed of her as I had not seen her in 10 years or so and never spoken to her since I was a kid. My mom had a phone call  that morning , it was this ladies daughter informing her of her passing !! True story....something out there we cannot explain...:idunno:

• Like 1

I believe in the para-normal if you want to call it that. I have had many 'premonitions' in my life ... mostly about my family and very close friends. A couple of them I had to call the person to verify as I was living far away from them so couldn't just go cross town. Those were not life threatening but in both cases they were in very serious accidents. One was in a car and the other on a snowmobile. I think this happens to folks more often than not ... most don't admit it or just plain don't listen to what their mind has picked up! It's out there ... we just have to be open to it!

• Like 2

Dodacious and I communicate telepathically so often and accurately that it is a common part of our marriage...I'm talking both big and small things, as common as, "While you're at the store pick up some bacon."  Cheers, Unc

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

"Pick up some bacon"

The most beautiful words in the English language :25r30wi:

Thankfully the dead avoid me like the plague. I've never seen, heard, or felt anything that couldn't be explained. People that I hold in high regard for honesty however, have seen strange things, so I can't rule out the possibility.  It just never happens when I'm around :89:

• Like 3