Nugget Shooter Forums
LowPoint

Eclipse Day Nuggets

Eclipse,?? ...What Eclipse??? ... I don't care about no "STINK'N" ECLIPSE.   I did manage to find these nuggets thanks to our overcast sky (maybe eclipse too) and bearable heat conditions up here on the Lynx today.  The big black rock in the photo is a mystery???  For it's fit-in-the-palm-of-your-hand-size,  It weighs almost 3 pounds, which to me is kind of heavy for that size rock.  It sort of looks like a huge magnetite rock, but this wash is full of fine-grained magnetite and my detector is  not affected by this at all.  This rock also has 2-3 small spots on it's surface-cracks (see the first photo)  that look to me like splatters of silver,  in fact, one side of the outer surface of this rock is kind of a silvery-shiny-sparkly,     maybe silver within??   It also gave off a very loud weird sound when my coil picked it up.  Kind of an obnoxious "WAAK" sound:ROFL:.  It was lodged deep down (approx. a foot) in some thick clay mixed with other rocks in  a wash.  After I finally pried it out and set it aside I swung my coil in the clayey cavity where it was laying and got a nice signal.  The two smaller nuggets had been hidden underneath this rock.  They where both encased (each) in a thick clay ball that was totally unrecognizable:200: until I rubbed them on my pants.  The other ( a bit larger) nugget I found in a different wash.  Anyway, eclipse, or no eclipse it was a good day Gold-wise.  :4chsmu1:Gary   

001.JPG

005.JPG

002.JPG

• Like 12

Nice nuggies no matter what . WTG

WTG Gary, good day in the field for sure, hey do a streak test on your rock would ya? If reddish brown could be Hematite which is usually ignored by the ZED

Nice nuggets Gary !!  :thumbsupanim

It was a nice day to do some detecting.   I'll bet it was a bit warmer where I ended up, but it was still a great day to get out.

Hope you don't mind if I post my finds on your topic.  Since you titled it "Eclipse Day Nuggets".  :4chsmu1:

Hopefully everyone else had a good day and nobody went blind in the process.  :arrowheadsmiley:

Luke

20170821_134122 (2).jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Nice ones Luke as usual :black_knight_standing:

• Thanks 1

Nice ones Luke

• Thanks 1

Nice gold Luke.

I hit a spot yesterday but it was puddles of lead look like you found the puddles of gold. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill Southern said:

WTG Gary, good day in the field for sure, hey do a streak test on your rock would ya? If reddish brown could be Hematite which is usually ignored by the ZED

"HEY BILL"  I haven't done a steak test on it as yet, but I can see a rust-red coloration in most all of the cracks and crevices (of which there are many) on the outer surface of the rock.  "And" although I didn't find it with my GPZ-7000, when I (just now) did an air test with the rock about 4" away from the 7000 coil it signaled "Big time" with a strong 'WHO-WAAA".  The 7000 didn't null anything out, just as my GP-3000 didn't either when I found the rock. 

Great going ....both of you two! :)
 Tom H.

• Thanks 1

Corn Flake Gold.  LOL  

Mmmm...  Makes me hungry just thinking about getting a serving of the "Breakfast of Champions".  Nice finds indeed!!  I'm heading out tomorrow...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Micro Nugget said:

Mmmm...  Makes me hungry just thinking about getting a serving of the "Breakfast of Champions".  Nice finds indeed!!  I'm heading out tomorrow...

I will look forward to your opinion on the days hunt. The in field learning curve is a slight one compared to to others we have mastered Martin. Dang new micro procesor run critter if fun and finds gold sill small and deeper than MY gold bug 2 in shallow wash hunting without all the extra noise. Love my gold bug 2, but sold it now.... figure the sd2300, GM1000, and ZED 7000 make for a good tool box these days. Times are changing for us and looks exciting with what will be announced by Minelab very soon.

• Like 3

On 8/22/2017 at 4:25 PM, Bill Southern said:

I will look forward to your opinion on the days hunt. The in field learning curve is a slight one compared to to others we have mastered Martin. Dang new micro procesor run critter if fun and finds gold sill small and deeper than MY gold bug 2 in shallow wash hunting without all the extra noise. Love my gold bug 2, but sold it now.... figure the sd2300, GM1000, and ZED 7000 make for a good tool box these days. Times are changing for us and looks exciting with what will be announced by Minelab very soon.

Soon there won't be any gold left Bill ... you have hunted out all the patches in Quartzsite and Gold Basin.  :idunno:

• Haha 1

I am still finding trash , lead and foil in Gold Basin so it ain't all hunted yet

• Like 4

There's gold left for those who are willing to go slow enough to find it.  

Especially in those 'hammered' areas.  :4chsmu1:

• Like 4

Nothing is ever hunted out and I have not been to Gild Basin for several years now :idunno: Still finding new spots every season as well...... 

• Like 4

Bill,

Where is Gild Basin?  haha

I remember being out with you and Kevin at Gold Basin for your outing.  I know there is still a lot of gold in Gold Basin because it is so big.  Will the new technology find it?

Mitchel

New, old, medium, all are still finding..... Detectors do not find gold, the operators do. :black_knight_standing:

• Like 4