Nugget Shooter Forums

Weekend Shooting.... Nugget that is.

Well a few (bunch) of my favorite but hunted heavily spots have seen some torrential rains this summer and this weekend we will brave the heat and drag the nugget wagon out for the first time since last spring. So today we will load up the Rhino in it with all our gear and a chiewawa to hit some bedrock and shallow wash areas with the GM 1000 and will also be taking the big guns for deeper areas. Scouted a couple of these spots already and am very excited to get out and play.

Also going to hit some trashy areas that produced allot of small nuggets to those patient enough to dig through the iron to find the gold and seeing how the GM 1000 will ignore the iron it could be interesting as well. 

This also should be a chigger free zone, little bastards tore us up last weekend and just now starting to heal up and stop itching.

We are out of here this afternoon, good hunting All.

• Like 4

Have fun Bill and Tammy! Looking forward to the postings when you return. Oh! ... And Bill ... Don't be too surprised if Tammy finds greater numbers of nuggets with that GM1K ... LOL! :thumbsupanim See you guys next week.

Mike F

Is Kevin going to make the outing that you know of.....would love to get his input on the Eureka....watched his video several times.

I am working with some guys from Alabama. I happened to get a lure stuck up in a low hanging tree and got into some chiggers while fishing last weekend. Like you said they itched like crazy. I asked one of the guys what they use. He said Clorox. When I got home I took a Q-tip and put it on the bits that was the end of the itching. That was Monday all but one is completely gone.

Hey Fish ... What do you fish out of ... probably a powerboat ... I'm looking for kayaker's like myself. I gave up powerboats about 7 years ago now. I do on occasion go out on one at the invite of the owner. Planning on hitting Havasu with a friend with a bass boat before my tournament Nov 18th. Anyway just curious.

Yeah, Mike, I prefer to bank fish but I have a power boat too. I considered a Yak but found a deal on an all around boat that fits me well. I have had some success at Havasu fishing for money in the past.

Best of luck in your event.