Nugget Shooter Forums

Eureka Gold

azdigger

I ended up with a Eureka Gold in a trade,  My question is  , Is there any advantage to other coils   . larger or smaller.

Learning this one too.

Unless someone wants to (he he) trade me for a GM 1000......I know better . :ROFL:

Edited by azdigger
can't spell

The Eureka is a great VLF and one big advantage is that you can adjust the frequency to 6-20-61 kHz which gives you more options in different soil types and depths. Coiltek make a 15 inch coil for the Eureka that folks say gives better depth and when used in 6 kHz does quite well. Using smaller coil will make it very sensitive when running 61 kHz and it will hear very small gold most other VLF detectors will normally miss (except GB2 and GM 1000)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

The Eureka is a great VLF and one big advantage is that you can adjust the frequency to 6-20-61 kHz which gives you more options in different soil types and depths. Coiltek make a 15 inch coil for the Eureka that folks say gives better depth and when used in 6 kHz does quite well. Using smaller coil will make it very sensitive when running 61 kHz and it will hear very small gold most other VLF detectors will normally miss (except GB2 and GM 1000)

Took the reply right outta mah haid, Bill..

I will never get rid of mine for the very reasons you've mentioned..
Don't really understand why the machine never caught on either..
This was a good giveaway / bonus for the GPAA lifetime membership sign-up drive for sure..!

Swamp

• Like 1

I still got my Monster.....won't get rid of it , guess I will have to learn how to be able to use both in my hunts.....seems like fun.

I like the way it finds the coins in my "garden" .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, azdigger said:

I still got my Monster.....won't get rid of it , guess I will have to learn how to be able to use both in my hunts.....seems like fun.

Right.. They're pretty much different animals, Rick.. If I had a Monster I wouldn't be getting rid of it either..
The Eureka Gold is Olde Skool, like a GB2 / GMT etc.; all are very functional, established and will find gold forever..
The GM1K is Nu Wave, opening the door to 24-bit and higher processing power & speed.. It is one of the futures of metal detecting..

Swamp

• Like 4

4 hours ago, azdigger said:

Hey Rick I have a gently used minelab 11 inch coil with cover that will fit right up to your eureka-I got it when I bought my XT18000 which is more or less the same machine but in a  different box-it will give you more depth on bigger targets when set at 6.4 Khz-PM me if your interested-Thanks Mike C...:200:DSCN0645.JPG

• Like 1

You all may have to dig up some old school videos but I had a chance to buy a Eureka way back when I was getting into this hobby. Thank god friends steered me in the right direction. I have never seen anyone post hey look at these nuggets I found with the Eureka Gold. Maybe they are very private and on an awesome patch?

Just saying

6 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Rick

I've also been in Eureka, Nevada a few years ago.

Mitchel

I've been to Eureka also. Very interesting area. Did you have any luck?

I am going to keep the GM 1000 and this Eureka Gold , I am going learn them both and grid of the area and use both detectors.

I am getting the 11inch coil for it too . If nothing else it should be good for coins and meteorites.

3 hours ago, azdigger said:

I am going to keep the GM 1000 and this Eureka Gold , I am going learn them both and grid of the area and use both detectors.

I am getting the 11inch coil for it too . If nothing else it should be good for coins and meteorites.

Good man keep it and learn it-Ive done good with the XT18000 and the golden hawk which are just like yours except for the wrappers:head:its just a matter of time till you pop that first nugget :thumbsupanim Mike C...:200:

• Like 1