Nugget Shooter Forums

The Indicators

I was able to get out for a quick hunt this morning to cross some new washes off the map and also ended up fighting hordes of small gnats from the monsoons:th_rain-umbrella:, as well as many much larger flying insects!:th_panic:

Anyhow, as I'm exploring this general area one of the main indicators I look for is Hematite. When I find gold here I find lots of Hematite hotrocks and it gives a signal I am able to recognize with the GB2, when checking out this new spot today I was walking a hillside and found a hematite patch dropping into a wash. So I followed the wash downstream and after about a hundred feet I noticed a small collapsed handstack and a tossed pile of rocks on the other side of the wash. At that point I slowed way down and was able to come up with two small nuggets within 25' of each other. Keep your eyes peeled out there!

It would be easy to walk past these rocks not knowing they were once stacked. But they were, from the detector to the top of the picture. 0806171005b.jpg

0806171002b.jpg

0806171550a.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Nice finds !!

Looks like you're on to something there.

Lots of good stuff found this weekend.  :yesss:

Luke

• Like 1

"Nice ones",  hey that decomposed reddish granite area looks familiar,  say down around Bumblebee??  I'll bet it got HOT while you down there (and humid).  I'll wait for it to cool off a bit before I head down that way.  Good finds though,...  Gary

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

"Nice ones",  hey that decomposed reddish granite area looks familiar,  say down around Bumblebee??  I'll bet it got HOT while you down there (and humid).  I'll wait for it to cool off a bit before I head down that way.  Good finds though,...  Gary

I dont mind saying yes! Thats Bumblebee. Plenty of open ground and gold left around down there. Lots of claim markers but not as many valid claims. Thourough research will reveal claims that have changed size/shape or are no longer valid but the markers remain. The bedrock makes detecting easier and I never see anyone prospecting, just side by sides cruising the main road and peeps shooting targets. I found this spot within 50 yards of my truck, the farthest I have gone from the truck to go where it seems nobody goes is only a 15 minute hike. Come on down to Bumblebee its not as pounded by good detectorists as you think!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Alwaysdirty said:

I dont mind saying yes! Thats Bumblebee. Plenty of open ground and gold left around down there. Lots of claim markers but not as many valid claims. Thourough research will reveal claims that have changed size/shape or are no longer valid but the markers remain. The bedrock makes detecting easier and I never see anyone prospecting, just side by sides cruising the main road and peeps shooting targets. I found this spot within 50 yards of my truck, the farthest I have gone from the truck to go where it seems nobody goes is only a 15 minute hike. Come on down to Bumblebee its not as pounded by good detectorists as you think!

Yep, I've been up that wash (area).  I think that these last monsoon rains have kicked up and uncovered some new gold around there.  We'll have to meet up and check out some of it's tributaries as well.  Gary 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SanDomingoJim said:

Nice!!  Looks like a matching set.

Boy they do don't they !   Nice ear rings. 

Yep, think that place would be receiving some regular visits for sure.

46 minutes ago, Alwaysdirty said:

....Come on down to Bumblebee its not as pounded by good detectorists as you think!

33 minutes ago, GDM/PV said:

.... We'll have to meet up and check out some of it's tributaries as well.  Gary 

You guys let me know.   I'd be happy to meet up one of these days.

:thumbsupanim

Luke

• Like 1

WTG Shay  :yesss:

Yes, I agree, indicators really do help and you slow way down when you see them, Also indicators of how the water flowed in the wash are good also IE Drop out areas.

Bugs! Dood, im a giant chigger bit after busting through scrub oak for 3 days. Man I got a lot of bites!
Tom

1 hour ago, TomH said:

WTG Shay  :yesss:

Yes, I agree, indicators really do help and you slow way down when you see them, Also indicators of how the water flowed in the wash are good also IE Drop out areas.

Bugs! Dood, im a giant chigger bit after busting through scrub oak for 3 days. Man I got a lot of bites!
Tom

I had to wear my hat, gnats were trying to start a colony in my hair! If I took my headphones off inevitably one would get in the ear muff and I put them back on and instantly have a gnat in my ear :2mo5pow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

I was able to get out for a quick hunt this morning to cross some new washes off the map and also ended up fighting hordes of small gnats from the monsoons:th_rain-umbrella:, as well as many much larger flying insects!:th_panic:

Gnats, you say?!  I was out there Friday night.  First there was the rain which got me all wet.  And of course there's the lighting, which made me feel not quite like the brightest bulb in the box, swinging my metal pole around.   And then the mosquitos came in and ate me alive.  I swallowed no less than three,  when I would forget and take an unplanned breath with an open mouth (instead of the nose)  It was that bad.  After 4 hrs I couldn't take anymore.  Still got gold, but paid dearly for it.  My wife said it looked like I had the pox.  LOL.

Sounds like you fared better than I.  Nice job!

Edited by Andyy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Skeeters were out eating on us also at Mayer. 

At least you didnt have the sun after the rain. It would rain, nice and cool, then the clouds would go away and you were dripping wet from sweat! 

Really  humid.

Still better than sitting at home :)

Tom H.

• Like 4

So I have a funny from my younger days working in southern Arizona. IU was just a kid and was working construction framing houses to be exact and I was working with this old cowboy that wore cowboy boots to work can't remember any thing other than that at this joke  he pulled on me. 

I was 18 or 19 years old, working with this old cowboy setting up to roll rafters. There were all those black nats flying around, trying to fly in my ears and nose and every orifice I had. I reached up swatting at them saying God darn these nats. He says "Boy them are dog pecker nats"....... I told him I'm no dog pecker...and he tells me...."Boy maybe you can fool me, but you can't fool the darn nats. 

YO, you guys need to buy a mosquito net for your heads.

Had to wear one every day, all day long in Alaska.

Just saying.

Bob

8 minutes ago, fishing8046 said:

So I have a funny from my younger days working in southern Arizona. IU was just a kid and was working construction framing houses to be exact and I was working with this old cowboy that wore cowboy boots to work can't remember any thing other than that at this joke  he pulled on me. 

I was 18 or 19 years old, working with this old cowboy setting up to roll rafters. There were all those black nats flying around, trying to fly in my ears and nose and every orifice I had. I reached up swatting at them saying God darn these nats. He says "Boy them are dog pecker nats"....... I told him I'm no dog pecker...and he tells me...."Boy maybe you can fool me, but you can't fool the darn nats. 

Dude, ya made me spit beer on that one, lmao.... :ROFL::knight-horse:

• Like 1

Head net for sure ... If I didn't wear mine when back in NH fishing I would have been carried away head first by the skeeters! The net didn't help for the no-see-um's for the most part but once I sprayed the net with Sportsman's Deep Woods Off they didn't penetrate the net but they sure did swarm around me!