Nugget Shooter Forums
TomH

Camp out

Hey all:
 Met up with some of the guys and gals and did a camp out the last 4 days up at Mayer.

Weather was good, sometimes......rainy others and HUMID other times :) Thats the way it goes this time of the year up there.

Ate like little piglets.  Had good times around the fire, and almost everyone found some gold! :yesss:

I found one around 9 on Sunday. Whew! the 11th hr nugget!........it was only the size of a pinhead and about an inch deep with the gold monster.

Up until that time I was just finding bird shot.  Well, unfortunately, with it being so small I guess I decided to do a catch and release on it because when I got home

to take a pic of it......it wasn't in the bottle :th: So Luke or Dean, right at the beginning of that inside bend bench where you two got some there is a macro nug waiting. Guess with gloves on and sweat in my eyes I thought I got it in the bottle when I showed Luke.

Really great time though.

Tom H. 

SAM_1666.JPG

SAM_1668.JPG

SAM_1670.JPG

SAM_1672.JPG

SAM_1674.JPG

SAM_1675.JPG

SAM_1676.JPG

SAM_1677.JPG

• Like 8

Nice , looks quiet.

• Like 1

Dang!  Looks like a great time, food and gold too...Can't ask for much more than that.  :4chsmu1:

• Like 2

Couple more pics

DSC03750.JPG

DSC03754.JPG

Looks like a nice little camping area and the food on the grill made me hungry :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200:

• Like 2

What?!?!?!....     You dropped your 'nugget'.   You had it after we got back to camp.....   :idunno:

Since Tom can't show a picture of his find, I'll describe it.   Just imagine a little #7 birdshot sized piece of gold.

Now you'll have to use the discrimination features of the Monster to find it there at the camp spot.  :ROFL::4chsmu1:

It was great to meet up with The Toms for their annual "Beat the Heat" campout.  It's always an honor.

I also scored a couple of 11th hour nuggets.  I gave it a good effort for most of Saturday and was going to call it quits for the day.  I was walking back to the truck, detector off, when I spied some recently exposed bedrock I hadn't seen earlier.  Since I was spent, and the gully was trashy being right next to the road, I bypassed the first 10 blasting sounds without digging.  When I turned the corner I saw the newly scrubbed bedrock and decided to slow down a bit.  The first mellow signal was my first ever sunbaker.  I scored the second nugget a couple feet away a few minutes later.  It's super awesome when being skunked instantly turns out to be not the case at all.  :yesss:

There were several other notable forum members present at the campout, but I'll let them speak up, in case they were 'playing hooky'.

Luke

20170805_153113.jpg

20170805_164008 (2).jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Actually..............this may be a first. 

First nugget found with a new detector....and then the guy lost it!    :)
Oh well....if it is in camp it probably wont every be found due to the amount of metal in there.

Tom H.

1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

first ever sunbaker

Nice ones Luke.  Looks like that one nugget come out to catch a few rays on top of the schist.   :yesss:

• Thanks 1

Few things would keep me from your invitation. This year just didn't work out. :2mo5pow:

Honestly Tom, that steak is almost as pretty as some of those nuggets...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LukeJ said:

There were several other notable forum members present at the campout, but I'll let them speak up, in case they were 'playing hooky'.

Luke

20170805_153113.jpg

20170805_164008 (2).jpg

WTG no skunk for you:4chsmu1:So who were the notables ? Was it Mac and Myer or Frit and Frat :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C...:200:

• Like 1

Darn, wish I would have known you Phoenix-flat-landers where all getting together up around this way,  I might have dropped in and said Hi.  It's only about a 15-20 minute drive for me to Mayer.  Oh well, maybe I'll run across ya in a wash one of these days.  Looks like you got some nice finds though.  Gary

• Like 2

Looks like it was a fun trip. Friends, family, good food and good gold. Nothing better.

• Like 2

Luke, you are a nugget Nagual.  (A golden retriever perhaps.)

Have you shared the washing machine story? If I can put you on the spot...

Edited by AZMark
addendum
  • Like 1

Looks like you folks had a good weekend retreat !  Great pictures too.......:head:

• Like 3

Very nice guys, glad you had a good time and some gold. Weather in Mayer has been great and I bet you didnt see a single dumbass like usually shows up at your Lynx spot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Nope...no stupeedos :)
Tom

8 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

bet you didnt see a single dumbass like usually shows up at your Lynx spot.

Hey wait !, are you guys talking about me  :4chsmu1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You guys look like your having waayyy to much fun. Family,friends,BBQ steak and gold.ok maybe toss in a beer or two and get the stories goin around the campfire. It doesnt get much better than that.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

Well then Bob you should plan to make the November shin dig eh?

• Like 5