Nugget Shooter Forums

Garrett AT Gold

bullpine

Hi, new here.  I have a Garrett AT Gold and the first post I saw here said something about Garretts not being good for nugget shooting.  I am planning to do some traveling to areas where I can try my luck for the first time for nuggets. Am I wasting my time with the AT Gold versus say a Gold Bug 2?  A more expensive machine isn't in the budget now, but maybe could afford another detector in the GB2 range.

The AT Gold is a very capable nugget detector under most conditions though it can struggle a bit in really hot ground. Trick is to fully learn your detector and how to best set it up for the area you plan to hunt. I would suggest sticking with what you have and learn to find gold with it or why you want to switch before jumping to buy another detector right away. If a more sensitive detector is what you are leaning to when thinking about the GB2 I would seriously look at the Minelab Gold Monster 1000 for ease of use and sensitivity to very small targets.... Perhaps try and make the Fall Outing and we can give ya some pointers :thumbsupanim

Good hunting...

• Like 2

Thanks Bill. I checked out this years outing but it is right in the middle of my Idaho late hunting season.  Although I am really interested in getting down to Arizona some day.  Anyhow I was planning on going to Northern Nevada as I have time for that in early Oct plus you indicated it was bitter cold late in the month of Oct.  I will have about two days on the ground.  Any suggestions on where to stay and how to get around in that area?  Bringing my truck and 4 wheeler if those are allowed there?

Bullpine welcome.

If you want Pm me and I can tell ya a little about Northern Nevada. 

• Like 1

The crumbs are like fairy dust.  I sprinkle a little in my wife's direction and she keeps letting me go nugget shooting.  Go out too many times without bring home at least crumb gold ... and you start to get that look.  You know that look ......  :nutty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well Andy, it's been like 9 night trips without even a crumb. I'm glad my boys have been going or I think she might start thinking something is going on lol.

• Like 3