Nugget Shooter Forums

Homefire One. Rock Squrrel NON

homefire

Had a Hoot this morning.     Noticed some Roaches in the kitchen last week so I put  out Mouse Sticky Traps we had left over baited with a bit of meat.  I hate using them for the mice . Can't handle looking them in the eyes all glued  up still alive.  We use good ol Victors for them.  One Snap, On Kill !   Any Hooo All Hell Broke Loose in the kitchen this morning.  I hear this THUMPING Bouncing kinda noise and go in to see what ta ell was going on.  We get Rock Squirrels making there way into the house quite often.  They come in and rob the dog food all the time.  Here's this Big Butt Rock Squirrel Flailing around with a Sticky Trap stuck to it's back foot.  Having Fits it was.  Noticing Me Noticing Him/Her it really freaked out and went to crazy town.  Looked like that Tasmanian Devil doing the Whirlwind   thing in the  Cartoon for a minute.   Freed it's self and Streaked behind the freezer out a hole in the wall.  Want to  bet it comes back ?

RockSqurrel.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

We have some what of a War going on here .  The dogs keep a eye out for the things most of the day.  The Squirrels Play the dogs like a deck of cards  .  Once in a while loosing their lives to the dogs.  They set up perminat Camp in the front of the property some years ago.  Number between 2 and 6 most of the year.  Over the last few years they been getting Braver and invading the house.  The dogs Dispatch one earlier this year in the house.  They keep everyone on toes with their stunts.  One good thing about them is they chased off the Pack Rats that like to get up in your truck and Eat Wires.  These guys don't seem to have a taste for wire.  They sure like the Cracked corn we put out for the Quail. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2017 at 9:22 AM, homefire said:

Streaked behind the freezer out a hole in the wall.  Want to  bet it comes back ?

Not if you plug up the hole:brows:

Somewhere I have a recipe for( Barium sulfate) peanut butter cookies- should kill em dead, but , you'ld have to make it pet friendly so that it keeps Rover away.  Treid squirrel bait with any success?

4 hours ago, weaver hillbille said:

Not if you plug up the hole:brows:

Somewhere I have a recipe for( Barium sulfate) peanut butter cookies- should kill em dead, but , you'ld have to make it pet friendly so that it keeps Rover away.  Treid squirrel bait with any success?

LOL, Guess you never dealt with this type of vermin ?  Then they make another hole. And Another. And Another.   This way we get to play the game.  LIVE K-9 Entertainment .  I could end the game any time with a .22 but would rather not.   Notice at no time have I displayed being Up Set about this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1