Nugget Shooter Forums

Current Mining Claim Forms???

Uncle Ron

Does anyone have a link to the current mining claim forms?  Every BLM site post a link that is dead or non-functioning so I can't get my small miner's waiver form downloaded & printed?  Help! Cheers, Unc

Well, I called the Phx BLM office and found out the link wasn't even posted yet, but they sent me the link...I guess they just now made it live and it includes dozens and dozens of forms including small miner waiver and POL forms...Kinda late for them to be getting the forms available to us:  Here's the link:  

• Like 2

Kwah, BLM took them down and didn't put them back up until I called them ... The nice lady at BLM was surprised that they didn't have them up and several things are in disarray with their IT dept...Can't use the old forms because they expired and they won''t accept them... Cheers, Unc

Edited by Uncle Ron

I don't doubt what you are saying.  If you go to the link below and look about half way down the page you will see a link that will take you to another page regarding claim forms.  That page has a link to the claim forms.  Same place as your link.  Seems the BLM sent you to the AZGS site to get what you need.  Not sure what is going on at the BLM.  Anyway, you got what you needed. 

http://www.azgs.az.gov/mineral_rights.shtml

Edited by kwah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those are the forms offered by the AZGS Ron. They have been around since 2014 as you will see on the title page. Nyal Niemuth and Lee Allison put out that packet. Nyal has since retired and sadly Lee passed away last year. None of those forms are "official" but they are more likely to serve your needs than those from other sources.

There is only one official approved BLM mining claim form - that being the MAINTENANCE FEE WAIVER CERTIFICATION 3830-2. That's the one you need if you are submitting your Small Miners Waiver for the coming year. No other form is accepted for that one fee free submission.

Finding a 3830-2 that is current can be tough because the new OMB approved form was just issued in January of this year and most of the usual sites only have the old form that is expired. With this one form only the OMB date MUST be current for the form to be valid.

All the other forms the BLM and AZGS offer are only offered for convenience - they are not "official" and in the instructions section on the BLM forms they are clearly marked as "optional". We generate our own documents to fit the particular needs of each filing but in general you can use the public forms offered as long as they have the required information. Since that required information varies by State you really need to pay attention when you are using these downloadable forms. For several years the Arizona BLM offered a Location form that didn't meet the legal recording requirements so be careful the form is adequate no matter what the source.

The best and most current source for BLM forms is the BLM Forms website. Yeah who knew they even had a forms website? Obviously the Arizona BLM didn't.  :idunno:

To directly access the current 3830-2 Maintenance Fee Waiver Certification (Small Miners Declaration) you can go to this BLM link. Notice how it has an OMB Form Approved statement and an expiration date of January 2020 in the upper right corner. If you get a form that doesn't have the statement or has a different expiration date you are not using the correct current form. This was a problem for a lot of people when the form expired the last time so don't get caught out by using an out of date form.

Edited by clay
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoser John said:

BLM sends out all the forms to claim owners, at least to those I know of, every year. John

HJ-

I always get the BLM forms in the mail at the last minute.  A little too close for my comfort. If the mail gets delayed a little, I'm afraid I'll miss the Sept 1 deadline.  I pull my forms off the AZ BLM site just so I have an extra couple weeks leeway.  Usually when I do this, the LR2000 or Geocommunicator database will reflect the updates.  Also, if I screw up a form, which I have, they will send me back an explanation saying what I did.

Barry, this form, 3830-2 Maintenance Fee Waiver Certification, is the one I put the link to above and it is the approved one you describe...Cheers, Unc 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Ron said:

Barry, this form, 3830-2 Maintenance Fee Waiver Certification, is the one I put the link to above and it is the approved one you describe...Cheers, Unc 

I've searched the link you provided Ron and I can't find that form anywhere. The 2014 AZGS mining forms pamphlet doesn't have the form and the link in the pamphlet just leads to a Page Not Found. Maybe I'm form blind, this time of year I deal with a lot of forms. :idunno:

Maybe you could help an old man out and repost a link to that January 2017 3830-2 form?

Here's what the top of the form looks like:

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 10.21.40 AM.png

Edited by clay

Yes, that the one on the link I posted....but in rechecking, I see what you're saying...The BLM lady seemed confused but after a while got me this link: 

I was able to find it in a ridiculously long list of oil lease, etc., forms (typical govt. efficiency)  It's way down the page... Cheers, Unc

Well crap, it shifted again...Govt bureaucracy at its finest!

Edited by Uncle Ron

So here's the email I got from the BLM lady...the link worked for me and I've downloaded the forms but now I can't...

Per your request, please reply to this email so I know you received it.

Thank you! 🤓

• 2 weeks later...

What is the fee per 20 acre to renew a placer claim?  I think it's $155.

Also, can anyone confirm the address is:

Bureau of Land Management

One North Central Ave., Ste. 800

Phoenix, AZ 85004-4427

All I can find is a 2014-2015 form set that says $155.  We're into the 2017-2018 season, so I want to be sure I pay the correct amount.  I probably can't fulfill the requirements of the maintenance fee waiver, so I will pay.

Two weeks to deadline and the way the BLM site redid their internet makes it impossible to find info.

Edited by chrisski

Desert Pilot--Amazingly easy to make the payments.  I appreciate this. 

It's as if someone last year decided to mask all use of the land from government websites that didn't involve conservation.  I did not see a link to this button as I was searching.  I don't know how you found it, but thanks.

Chrisski,

The BLM just redid their webpage nationally. Allot of their links are broken. On BLM.gov go to the programs pull down menu and select energy and minerals. Then scroll down and select mining and minerals. The links to LR2000, forms and claim payment is under the quick link.

DP

14 minutes ago, LipCa said:

"I probably can't fulfill the requirements of the maintenance fee waiver, so I will pay." You mean next year you won't be able to do assessment work?

Honestly no.  I don't get out as much as I'd like, and to honestly fulfill the intent of the $100 of work, I'd need to out a full day into improvements, and I won't do that.  I'll cut a couple of branches my vehicle hits when driving, but the intent of the waiver is more labor than that.

13 minutes ago, Desertpilot said:

The BLM just redid their webpage nationally. Allot of their links are broken. On BLM.gov go to the programs pull down menu and select energy and minerals. Then scroll down and select mining and minerals. The links to LR2000, forms and claim payment is under the quick link.

I can't get https://www.blm.gov/lr2000/ LR2000 or Geocommunicator to print up reports.  I've used this before many, many times, but around the time the BLM redid their website, the reports stopped generating for me.

MyLandMatters still works fine to print up the reports.