Nugget Shooter Forums

This is my best find so far. The other day I was standing next to my car talking on the phone in a dirt parking lot and while I was looking at the ground I saw something shiny and dirty and just assumed it was aluminum foil or a tab so I gave it a light brush with my foot and in that instant I realized it looked like a stud and in the same moment it literally disappeared so I got off the phone and got down hands and knees and pulled this baby from the dirt, a 2+ carat diamond stud, excellent cut, faint yellow color, some inclusions or bubbles full of dirt, in a white gold or platinum setting.  First photo is out of the ground slightly blown out with a compressor second photo is the cleaned product.

IMAG0371.jpg

IMAG0377.jpg

• Like 5

Man I don't want you hunting with me, Rocky.  You will find all the sunbakers and just ruin my day.  That Is a real bit of good luck I'd say.  Good luck to you out in the field.  :yesss:

Old Tom

• Thanks 1

WOW, if that's a real diamond a set would sell new for $20,000/$30,000 and up!!!

I would get it tested, also check around for someone posting that it was lost, whoever lost that if real would be crying big time and should offer a nice reward!!

15 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

also check around for someone posting that it was lost

I've been looking on cl and not a single person currently searching.      Unfortunately for the owner it appeared to have been sitting in the ground quite some time. I'm going to keep a eye out for them. It's hard to imagine the grief. Like loosing queens gold. Not quite.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Old Tom said:

That Is a real bit of good luck I'd say.  Good luck to you out in the field.

Thank you Tom, I hope the field is as generous with meteorites as it is with this find. 

Edited by Rocky

If it's a diamond, it might have a serial number laser etched around the girdle.

Nice find !!  Hope it turns out to be valuable.

:thumbsupanim

Luke

7 hours ago, Rocky said:

I've been looking on cl and not a single person currently searching.      Unfortunately for the owner it appeared to have been sitting in the ground quite some time. I'm going to keep a eye out for them. It's hard to imagine the grief. Like loosing queens gold. Not quite.

Anyone that wears a two carat diamond stud is probably loaded and wouldn't miss it.

I'm curious to see what a jeweler says about it and it's appraisal.

What Skip said.. If real even a poor quality 2+c stone is worth thousands..!
I'm rooting for you.. Hopefully it was cut long enough ago to pre-date "it just gets done" laser ID #s & recording..

Swamp

• Like 1

If it is in fact a diamond, don't expect it to appreciate in value. Due to a process called Carbon Vapor Deposition or CVD for short, they can be manufactured rather cheaply in a lab. I predict in 15 or 20 years, this process will become so miniaturized and inexpensive, you'll be able to make diamonds at home.

• Like 1

Wow! I sure hope it real! 
Let us know.
Tom H>

• Like 1