Nugget Shooter Forums

Does this look lunar like??

Hi guys,

Good morning I had this in my pocket, found at work the other day. It caught my attention because it had that attractive melted looking sheen on the exterior with clasts showing through. So I polished a window and it looks cool non the less, but does it look similar to any lunars?

IMAG0388.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:42 AM, Rocky said:

Hi guys,

Good morning I had this in my pocket, found at work the other day. It caught my attention because it had that attractive melted looking sheen on the exterior with clasts showing through. So I polished a window and it looks cool non the less, but does it look similar to any lunars?

IMAG0388.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

A quick image search will show you that your conglomerate looks nothing like a lunar. Sorry

https://www.google.com/search?q=lunar+meteorite&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_8cDElMnVAhWl1IMKHb87DIgQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=643

1 hour ago, Terry Soloman said:

conglomerate looks nothing like a lunar

I completely agree, homfire cleared that up for me right from the get go, I've google lunar meteorites a ton of time, but oddly enough I have not google cemented conglomerates. So it was more or less me being naive and too much wishful thinking. Silly me.

Hard to say but take a look at this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/surprise-finding-about-moon-puts-hunt-alien-life-new-light-ncna791566

:idunno: AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 1