Nugget Shooter Forums

November 17th to 19th Nugget Shooter Outing

WOW , with all the folks signed up for this outing looks like I am going to have lots of the friends to meet . Bill , in case a I forget ...

THANKS for having such GREAT OUTINGS

• Like 1
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a GPAA member also and I know where their claims are in that area, although I've never actually detected on them yet. There is one I've been thinking about checking out and there are about 6 other

Howdy everyone fall is slowly coming and with it the first Nugget Shooter Outing of the hunt season, as usual I will supply a smoked Brisket and a pork roast and it is up to you all to bring the rest

There are valid federal mining claims on some Arizona State Trust Land. Several are in the LSD. The State doesn't always own the minerals under the surface and where that is the case you can stake a v

Posted Images

Might be a good idea to remind the new folks about getting a camping permit.

Getting real close to OUTING time.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, azdigger said:

Might be a good idea to remind the new folks about getting a camping permit.

Getting real close to OUTING time.

and make sure they either belong to a club that has claims around there or know where some open Blm land is-The Roadrunners are having their coin shoot that weekend as well so they will be out and about that weekend to:4chsmu1:-Have fun everyone-I isnt paying for any stimkin permit just to go to the outing :idunno: Ill be in stealth mode in another area :200: Mike C...:200:

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mike C ... $15 for an annual permit that is valid for all Arizona State Trust Land is not a big deal ... just saying! I pay more than that for my beer for the outing! :4chsmu1::old:

• Like 3

Well have fun all a work thing came up I'm still going to try and make it out some time Saturday evening hope I can have fun all 

• Like 1

Look out everyone, I am headed for the outing in the morning....can't wait any longer.

One of the few times I get a head start on an outing and I am going to take it.

See everyone at the outing.:thumbsupanim

Wow, it's winter where I'm from.  I happened to get down here a couple weeks early from Montana.  I'm camped just up the trail right now.  I'll stop by Saturday.  Already entered the poll.  Sorry didn't give much notice.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MT-Swinger said:

Wow, it's winter where I'm from.  I happened to get down here a couple weeks early from Montana.  I'm camped just up the trail right now.  I'll stop by Saturday.  Already entered the poll.  Sorry didn't give much notice.  

The more the merrier, have a great time!!

Stop and pick up a side dish to share at the Saturday meal, the main course is already done!

On 7/27/2017 at 7:09 AM, Bill Southern said:

Howdy everyone fall is slowly coming and with it the first Nugget Shooter Outing of the hunt season, as usual I will supply a smoked Brisket and a pork roast and it is up to you all to bring the rest as well as your own eating utensils. All dishes are welcome from condiments to main course and there is always plenty to eat.

I will be doing a demo with the Minelab Gold Monster if you are interested and there may be some other surprises from Minelab as well. We will also have a prize drawing and that will be after dinner on Saturday before the fire pit is lit and yes bring firewood if you have it....

These outings are allot of fun and anywhere from 35 to 100 people show depending on the year!

The outing will be held at the San Domingo Placer area in Maricopa County Arizona near Morristown. http://nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/topic/24123-great-article-on-san-domingo-area/ 

We will post maps soon to Jackass Flats and most RVs can get in without trouble and there is allot of room though often folks not with our group will also be camped there using the quad and ATV trails. You need to get a State Trust Land parking recreational permit to camp and they can be purchased online and are good for a year, https://land.az.gov/natural-resources/recreational-permits There are also GPAA and Roadrunner claims throughout the area and this is a big placer area.

If you have questions or concerns this is the thread to ask in.... More to come.  

How do I or we get there exactly

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, chrisski said:

Here's a slide of the LSD Campground

I was out looking at sites for the RV yesterday, and these are the easiest to get to.  They are also the best of four I found for distance from the road.

33°54'05.2"N 112°35'42.1"W

RV Camp Site by San Domingo Wash.jpg

When you get to Morristown, from Phoenix, take a right on Castle Hot Springs road.  Drive for two miles to where the pavement ends, and then drive for another half mile over a small hill.  Before you get to the bottom of the other side of the hill and before you pass the house on the right, turn left and head north towards Little San Domingo wash.  You'll know you're in the right place if you didn't pass the house on the right after driving 2.5 miles from state Hwy 74.  Once you've turned left, there will be some signs about No Trespassing, State Land and what not, continue for .65 miles to Jack Ass Flats.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, LukeJ said:

When you get to Morristown, from Phoenix, take a right on Castle Hot Springs road.  Drive for two miles to where the pavement ends, and then drive for another half mile over a small hill.  Before you get to the bottom of the other side of the hill and before you pass the house on the right, turn left and head north towards Little San Domingo wash.  You'll know you're in the right place if you didn't pass the house on the right after driving 2.5 miles from state Hwy 74.  Once you've turned left, there will be some signs about No Trespassing, State Land and what not, continue for .65 miles to Jack Ass Flats.

Perfect. Thank you very much.

• Like 1

Looking forward to meeting people and learning new stuff. I am a greenhorn exited to start a new adventure. I leave San Diego today early in the morning. Hopefully it will be easy to find a spot to pitch a one man tent.