Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

November 17th to 19th Nugget Shooter Outing

15 hours ago, Tommie33 said:

Can't wait I so need a few days off 

If I or we ever manage to make it out there for an outing I'd like to do a dry washing tag-a-long with you Tommie if you're open to that..? Sure, I want to detect too, but given the limited amount of time at each gathering this makes the most sense to me for an Introduction To Area Around LSD 101.. I'll just corner everyone else one or three at a time for detecting jaunts at some point after the gorging.. :4chsmu1: I'm positive we'll have hours to possibly a couple four days before needing to pull a U'ie n hammerin' it eastbound and down once again.. :rolleyes:

Swamp

• Like 2

Counting the days.....waiting

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

If I or we ever manage to make it out there for an outing I'd like to do a dry washing tag-a-long with you Tommie if you're open to that..? Sure, I want to detect too, but given the limited amount of time at each gathering this makes the most sense to me for an Introduction To Area Around LSD 101.. I'll just corner everyone else one or three at a time for detecting jaunts at some point after the gorging.. :4chsmu1: I'm positive we'll have hours to possibly a couple four days before needing to pull a U'ie n hammerin' it eastbound and down once again.. :rolleyes:

Swamp

I'm up for that always willing to show someone how it's done 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bill Southern said:

You safe from the fires?

Yup, we're all good now...our worst fires have past in the Southern Mother Lode. Shep and I still have homes....Thanks for asking. The fires now burning pretty bad up in Napa County....North of San Francisco. 

• Like 4

I talked to Kevin tonight at the west valley meeting and he mentioned that I need to rsvp for the outing next month.  I have a friend coming from Colorado that would love to attend also.  What do I need to do?

If you read through this thread, you'll find information about where and when the outing is taking place.

You'll need to get a permit from the state of Arizona to camp on State Trust Land, which is where the outing will be held.

Other than that, show up and bring some sort of side dish for the potluck that is held around 4-4:30pm on Saturday afternoon.  There are usually plates and forks for people who 'forget', but it's best to bring everything you would normally bring if you were going camping.  Bring your own beverages too.

If you are a GPAA member, bring your membership stuff and someone should be able to help you find your way to one of the claims.

18 hours ago, GJtransplant said:

I talked to Kevin tonight at the west valley meeting and he mentioned that I need to rsvp for the outing next month.  I have a friend coming from Colorado that would love to attend also.  What do I need to do?

What Luke said!

What detector do you have?

7 hours ago, GJtransplant said:

I got a gold monster from Bill about a month ago.  Been out a couple of times.  Lots of trash but had a great time

Bill is offering more in field training for his Gold Monster buyers at the outing but you need to send him an email to RSVP a spot, that may be what Kevin was referring too, here's a link to the topic Bill started with the info on the training, just be sure to send the email if you interested in getting in on more in field training for your GM 1000!

Just click on the title below to go to the topic.

Yep what they all said, sorry I am in the field for several days and only checking in when get the time.

Myself and some of the other Tucson guys are planning on going, working on getting the days off work right now.

Never detected LSD before so looking forward to it.

• Like 4

Not him but one of my friends. Hopefully will be a good gang coming up. 

Looks like we will have a good one this Fall, GPAA and Minelab will also be attending and the training will be likely held on one of the GPAA claims. There will be some great giveaways and other stuff as well. Good food, good friends, new friends, and gold! 

Stay Tuned as we get this put together my friends, gonna be epic....  

• Like 5

I will be there. Thanks Bill

On 7/31/2017 at 5:17 PM, azdigger said:

I am hoping to find my way to the GPAA claims , I am bringing my Polaris ranger so I can get around . I just hope someone takes pitty on me and points in the right direction

I'm a GPAA member also and I know where their claims are in that area, although I've never actually detected on them yet. There is one I've been thinking about checking out and there are about 6 other GPAA claims in the same area. I can show you the way out there.

• Like 6

Azdigger, the gpaaclaims in the area are well marked.  They have signs all along the way, you wouldn't have any trouble finding them even without the map book. Most are accessible by passenger car as well.

• Like 2

Thanks , I plan on bringing my Polaris Ranger so I can get around , I am not worried about getting lost....some one is always telling me where to go...:ROFL:

Edited by azdigger
  • Haha 3

I got my permit today so now I am all set for the outing  , can't wait.    :head:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, azdigger said:

I got my permit today so now I am all set for the outing  , can't wait.    :head:

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your nugget(s).

• Like 2

Yep, me too :yesss:

• Like 2

I think we are all wanting to see all of Rick's new nugget finds!!!

• Like 1

Getting excited , getting ready , looking forward to this outing.....Lots of info to gather and helpful suggestions I hope.

OK, we have 2 large briskets totaling 50 pounds or so for the main course on Saturday! I am also looking for someone to tend the smoker while I am doing training with Gold Monsters. Then I will take over again as we get closer to dinner. Mainly I need water kept in smoker that keeps meat from drying out....