Nugget Shooter Forums

November 17th to 19th Nugget Shooter Outing

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a GPAA member also and I know where their claims are in that area, although I've never actually detected on them yet. There is one I've been thinking about checking out and there are about 6 other

Howdy everyone fall is slowly coming and with it the first Nugget Shooter Outing of the hunt season, as usual I will supply a smoked Brisket and a pork roast and it is up to you all to bring the rest

There are valid federal mining claims on some Arizona State Trust Land. Several are in the LSD. The State doesn't always own the minerals under the surface and where that is the case you can stake a v

Posted Images

That's great just before thanksgiving what kind of food is one supposed to bring for this Shin Digg  

1 hour ago, DSMITH said:

That's great just before thanksgiving what kind of food is one supposed to bring for this Shin Digg  

What ever you want..... :4chsmu1:

Just wondering , how many GM 1000's are going to be at the outing......I am bringing mine.

Is there going to be a group permit or do we each need to get or own.......want to be ready for this outing.....:thumbsupanim

I know State land has no prospecting but if I bring classified dirt back from Gpaa claims can I run it thru my Mountain Goat or does it have to off State lands.

From Highway 74 0r 60 in Morristown, AZ take Castle Hot Springs Road about a mile past where pavement ends and go left, if you pass ranch house on hill you went to far. Take the dirt road (little rough) through Little San Domingo Wash and you will see camp when you crest the small hill. Can't miss the iron Jackass on peak ahead on right....

The big red spot on map just before the turn in an old quarry with huge piles of red gravel still on the site and your turn is road to left just past it.

post-3-0-91076500-1358433787_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would mention, at the outing I will have my Polaris Ranger.....got an empty seat if anyone wants to ride to and from hunting sites.

As it is , I plan on getting there some time on Thursday around noon  and not leaving until Sunday

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick question on this area, are there any state land trust maps that show where we can NOT detect, how does someone know where they can detect without having someone already familiar show them?

Am I reading the image below as anything in blue called state land trust is non detectable? That seems like a large area around where you all park or do you park/camp there then go off into the yellow (BLM) land?

http://gis.azland.gov/webapps/parcel/?loc=-112.5861,33.8961,12&layers=3,1,0

Thx

Jen

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 2.28.12 PM.jpg

Edited by Guest

If you are a GPAA or RRPC member, you'll have plenty of land to explore.  I'm sure there are some other club claims in the area as well.

I believe Uncle Ron has a map of the LSD area.

Footprints is a good way to go.  That's what I use.

If you have a Garmin GPS and use Basecamp, you should be able to see the BLM land and State Trust land boundaries.

Keep in mind that most of the land 'open' for detecting near the camping area is claimed.

13 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

If you are a GPAA or RRPC member, you'll have plenty of land to explore.  I'm sure there are some other club claims in the area as well.

I believe Uncle Ron has a map of the LSD area.

Footprints is a good way to go.  That's what I use.

If you have a Garmin GPS and use Basecamp, you should be able to see the BLM land and State Trust land boundaries.

Keep in mind that most of the land 'open' for detecting near the camping area is claimed.

Thanks Luke.... part of my question still stands... is the blue area in the map image I included what they mean by state trust land we're not allowed to detect on (but may camp and park on with a permit, which I just purchased).

I'm not a club member and have no plans to become one... I'm a BLM'er :D

Thx all

Edited by Guest
8 minutes ago, jjbond said:

Thanks Luke.... part of my question still stands... is the blue area in the map image I included what they mean by state trust land we're not allowed to detect on (but may camp and park on with a permit, which I just purchased).

I'm not a club member and have no plans to become one... I'm a BLM'er :D

Thx all

Jennifer your assumptions are correct, you have to have the permit to even be on State Trust Lands in Arizona, you can camp and a few other activities,  but no prospecting/detecting.

Since I don't live out there but know a little bit about the subject, hopefully others will reply and let you know more specifically what is and isn't allowed on State Trust Land.

• Like 1

Yes, I believe the blue is the State Trust land.  No prospecting.

The yellow is BLM, but like I stated earlier, most of it in the surrounding areas north of the camp spot is claimed up.

I like BLM-ing too, but knowing where you can and can't be in an area where there are several dozen claims is important.

That's why I ended up with the FootPrints.  I'm sure there's other ways to verify, but that way works for me.

• Like 1

The Yellow land in the gold belt is claimed up.  Within a couple of miles of the campground, you leave the LSD gold belt area, and there's a lot of unclaimed land, at least at the beginning of this year when I looked. I spent a few trips going to a 2000+ acre section and prospected that area that was not claimed at all.  Found nothing but junk.  May not have been detected in a while because I was pulling up 50 pieces of rust, nails, shell casings, bullets, barbed wire, etc each time I went out.  No gold.  One hundred+ year old coin.  According to minedat, the workings in the area had been mined for copper and mica.  No listings for gold.

To find new areas, since I can't get the BLM's site to work anymore, I have been using landmatters and then going to county records to see exactly where in the quarter section it's located.

I'd send someone there but, I don't think any gold is there and I don't want someone to waste his time.

That 2000 acres and many more thousands is probably still unclaimed, but unclaimed for a reason.

Edit: For the Blue State trust land, if you go to the state site, you'll see the procedures to prospect, and it's prohibitively expensive.  That expense is only to prospect for and not remove the minerals, it's much more pricey to mine.  You'll also see that you risk having anything you have on you confiscated if detecting for minerals.

Edited by chrisski
1 hour ago, Au Seeker said:

Jennifer your assumptions are correct, you have to have the permit to even be on State Trust Lands in Arizona, you can camp and a few other activities,  but no prospecting/detecting.

Since I don't live out there but know a little bit about the subject, hopefully others will reply and let you know more specifically what is and isn't allowed on State Trust Land.

Yes but like Clay said there is indeed a process by which AZ State Trust Land (some) and be claimed once an expert is hired to suggest there is profitable minerals to be mined placer or otherwise. It is Costly as a bond must be put up for reclaim, but doable. And a permit is also obtainable for prospecting a given area for a price with enough info and luck.....

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...