Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

November 17th to 19th Nugget Shooter Outing

Howdy everyone fall is slowly coming and with it the first Nugget Shooter Outing of the hunt season, as usual I will supply a smoked Brisket and a pork roast and it is up to you all to bring the rest as well as your own eating utensils. All dishes are welcome from condiments to main course and there is always plenty to eat.

I will be doing a demo with the Minelab Gold Monster if you are interested and there may be some other surprises from Minelab as well. We will also have a prize drawing and that will be after dinner on Saturday before the fire pit is lit and yes bring firewood if you have it....

These outings are allot of fun and anywhere from 35 to 100 people show depending on the year!

The outing will be held at the San Domingo Placer area in Maricopa County Arizona near Morristown. http://nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/topic/24123-great-article-on-san-domingo-area/ 

We will post maps soon to Jackass Flats and most RVs can get in without trouble and there is allot of room though often folks not with our group will also be camped there using the quad and ATV trails. You need to get a State Trust Land parking recreational permit to camp and they can be purchased online and are good for a year, https://land.az.gov/natural-resources/recreational-permits There are also GPAA and Roadrunner claims throughout the area and this is a big placer area.

If you have questions or concerns this is the thread to ask in.... More to come.  

• Like 5

Man can't wait will be fun as always 

• Like 1

Man we were wanting to go this year but we will be at the GoodGuys show in Scotsdale the same weekend, Rats

Will it be to my advantage to bring my Polaris Ranger , all street legal and such.

• Like 1

Here's a slide of the LSD Campground

I was out looking at sites for the RV yesterday, and these are the easiest to get to.  They are also the best of four I found for distance from the road.

33°54'05.2"N 112°35'42.1"W

RV Camp Site by San Domingo Wash.jpg

Edited by chrisski
  • Like 2

Why thank you sir and yep that is it.... :oregonian_winesmiley:

That old Jack A$$ on the hill stills looks as healthy today as he did 35 years ago.  Think he's going to out last us all.   :ROFL:

• Like 3

Bill,

You sure have great outings & it was great meeting the forum members ( & nubies) face to face.

Since I moved to the Colorado Mts. a couple of years back haven't gone to any outings here or back there in AZ.

You-all have a great time & find some GOLD!

wonderer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another 3D interactive map to see the Fall Outing site.

BIG map that may take a while to load.

Little map with less detail but loads quicker.

You can zoom in and out by scrolling or click and "grab" the map to tilt and twirl the map for different views. 

If you want to get dizzy just type an "R".  :sickbyc:

Click on the map to get coordinates.

Edited by clay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow, them maps are cool.

• Like 1

I'll be lopping heads and grabbing hostages of anyone keeping me from this outing.  Can't get to the dirt with my wee car but Jackass Flats is a go.

My GMT is brand new... from 98 in a case.  I've got the plastic 4 pack battery holders and updated web gear for hiking around.  Looking forward to 

this one.

• Like 1

"There are also GPAA and Roadrunner claims throughout the area and this is a big placer area"

, are there also areas to look for gold if your not a member of the GPAA or Roadrunner clubs ? 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ArizonaRockHound said:

"There are also GPAA and Roadrunner claims throughout the area and this is a big placer area"

, are there also areas to look for gold if your not a member of the GPAA or Roadrunner clubs ? 

Short answer yes, but it takes time to find them.  Could be worth $85 to join the GPAA for a year.

I would tell you the areas I know of not claimed, but I went out there 4 times with my GPX 5000 and found nothing, so I don't want to send you to an area I don't think has gold.   You may find someone that won't mind you tagging along to their own claim especially if you're not adverse to digging dirt, and running it through a drywasher.  :SMILE:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ArizonaRockHound said:

You bet there are, but you have to do some reconnaissance so to stay free of clamed areas.  It's not too hard as it is a very big area. 

Don't think that you are going to know the area from one or two trips.  Close in areas will take a low and slow attitude for they have been gone over many times but you can still find gold there.  Got to get off State land which we will be camping on before beeping, they frown on it.  Need a State camping permit also.  Easily gotten from the internet. 

Old Tom  :old:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chrisski said:

Short answer yes, but it takes time to find them.  Could be worth $85 to join the GPAA for a year.

I would tell you the areas I know of not claimed, but I went out there 4 times with my GPX 5000 and found nothing, so I don't want to send you to an area I don't think has gold.   You may find someone that won't mind you tagging along to their own claim especially if you're not adverse to digging dirt, and running it through a drywasher.  :SMILE:

Thanks :D i understand, appreciate you  not wanting to send me to a bad area ,  but heck id be happy to shovel dirt , use a pick and help someone out if it meant me being able to gain some knowledge about Prospecting and whatnot , definitely not adverse to work , haha . 

1 hour ago, Old Tom said:

You bet there are, but you have to do some reconnaissance so to stay free of clamed areas.  It's not too hard as it is a very big area. 

Don't think that you are going to know the area from one or two trips.  Close in areas will take a low and slow attitude for they have been gone over many times but you can still find gold there.  Got to get off State land which we will be camping on before beeping, they frown on it.  Need a State camping permit also.  Easily gotten from the internet. 

Old Tom  :old:

I get what your saying old tom thanks ,  and i see you need the permit to camp but they still frown on it even if you have the permit ?

also i get obviously the camp is on state trust land but are the areas that you guys will be detecting on also state trust land ? are the GPAA and roadrunner claims on state trust land ?

How far are the claims from the camp area?

Are atvs good to bring and have ? 

Sorry if im asking some stupid questions 

• Like 1

ARH,  Lots of folks bring there ATV's to get around. Club claims are all around where the main camp site will be. There are no claims on state trust land.  

There Is a lot of open land the farther you go back in.  An ATV is a good thing to have to get to some of the open areas but one can get very lost out there.  Again I say that you can not beep on State Trust Land nor remove anything from it.  There are no claims on State Trust Land.  You can travel through it, camp on it with a permit, but everything else is Taboo.  The claims are all around the camp area and very accessible with an ATV.  Best you try to buddy up with someone that needs some shovel work like you said and get the lay of the land.  It's not easy as everyone has there own place they want to hunt and meeting someone for the first time is a bit awkward.     

Old Tom  :olddude:

• Like 3

I remember seeing arial footage of Jackass Flats / LSD a couple years or so back, so took a run over to YouTube n found it..
Nice overview of the area.. Here it is for those who have never seen it: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7KvZlkpMNE

Swamp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

I remember seeing arial footage of Jackass Flats / LSD a couple years or so back, so took a run over to YouTube n found it..
Nice overview of the area.. Here it is for those who have never seen it: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7KvZlkpMNE

Swamp

He has 3 aerial videos on his channel from Jackass Flats, I almost positive that at least one of them has been posted on this forum a while back.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ArizonaRockHound said:

also i get obviously the camp is on state trust land but are the areas that you guys will be detecting on also state trust land ? are the GPAA and roadrunner claims on state trust land ?

Short answer is no detecting or prospecting on state trust land, so no claim filed with the county or the BLM is valid for mining.

The state has their own rules, and they're much too much for the average Joe, the permits would cost thousands of dollars, so it can be done, but not cheaply.  These rules would be more for companies.  There are very few active "claims" on state trust land.  If one were to sneak on state trust land to prospect and get caught, equipment would get confiscated.

I know nothing about the Roadrunner claims in the area, but the GPAA claims are minutes from the campsite and easily accessible with a high clearance 2WD.

I am hoping to find my way to the GPAA claims , I am bringing my Polaris ranger so I can get around . I just hope someone takes pitty on me and points in the right direction

• Like 2

There are valid federal mining claims on some Arizona State Trust Land. Several are in the LSD. The State doesn't always own the minerals under the surface and where that is the case you can stake a valid mining claim.

I wouldn't suggest you prospect State Trust Lands unless you really know what you are doing and what the land status is. Trying to prospect those lands while also enjoying an outing could result in spending a lot of outing time trying to convince the wrong people that you have a right that enforcement knows nothing about. Enjoy the outing and look into the possibility of federal mining claims on State Trust Land another time.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

He has 3 aerial videos on his channel from Jackass Flats, I almost positive that at least one of them has been posted on this forum a while back.

Couldn't recall if I'd seen it here, @ Steve's or surfing YT.. Pretty much just tossed it up cos of Chris' stills.. Felt like the right thing to do..
Thanks Skip..

Swamp

Are these outings open to new members also if they are I may try to come to it always interested in learning how to do things the rite way

• Like 1