Nugget Shooter Forums

GB finds

I know they are relatively common, but it was a good day for me. A buddy and I went out to Gold Basin to brave the heat. We were cooked by 1130 but I ended up with a few pounds of meteorites, and a half gram nugget. Finally broke my GB nugget jinx. All the meteors were screaming on my GPZ and the nugget was deep in bedrock. My buddy did well with Gold, found a few specimens and a nugget and a meteorite. 20170726_173637.jpg

Chris

• Like 7

Nice find.... I just found a little piece myself in GB and was wondering, what is the going rate (I know there are lots of variables) per ounce to sell meteorites, is there an avg similar to a spot/nugget factor like we have in gold nuggets?

Jen 

There is no going rate for "meteorites", however several more common finds, such as Gold Basin, do have fairly regular prices on the open market and are usually per gram, not ounce.  I think your average Gold Basin chondrite fetches about $0.50-$1.00/g.

• Like 2