Nugget Shooter Forums

Moving day

Au Seeker

Well I had a great time today, spend the day going to Charleston S.C. about 85 miles one way  and moving my daughter out of her old apartment she has lived in the last 3 years during her final 3 years of college, spend a total of 13 hours driving and moving her stuff.

I also discovered what's worst then moving a bunch of heavy furniture and boxes out of a 3rd floor apartment, and that's moving it all into another 3rd floor apartment that didn't have an elevator just a bunch of darn steps   :cry2::2mo5pow: , but I do feel blessed that the old apartment in the city did have an elevator or I don't think I would have survived the day!!!!  :th:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well I'm sure she appreciates all the help. Funny about the stairs. My sister thought it would be great to go from the 2nd floor apartment in one unit to the 2nd floor apartment in the next unit across the yard. All this for a bathtub. The one she had only had a shower. And in one of the worst neighborhoods in Reno. Jeez.

2 hours ago, nugget108 said:

Well I'm sure she appreciates all the help. Funny about the stairs. My sister thought it would be great to go from the 2nd floor apartment in one unit to the 2nd floor apartment in the next unit across the yard. All this for a bathtub. The one she had only had a shower. And in one of the worst neighborhoods in Reno. Jeez.

Yes she really did appreciate it.

What's really funny is she said after all was done....."We're going to hate having to do this again in a year" :yikes:  and even funnier is I said with a straight face..... "I have to work that day!!!"..should of got a photo of the look on her face!!...priceless!! :ROFL:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Yes...

How's she liking her old brand-new ride, Skip..? And has she been able to
score a job yet somewhere along her chosen career path..? Hoping so from here..

Swamp

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

How's she liking her old brand-new ride, Skip..? And has she been able to
score a job yet somewhere along her chosen career path..? Hoping so from here..

Swamp

She loves her car, I just put new 80,000 miles Michelins on it last week for her, the original factory tires had a tiny bit of fine dry rot when I bought it, I had thought they would last 6 month or longer,  but she had one of the fronts blowout on her 3 weeks ago luckily she was down visiting and was only a couple of miles away from my house so I went there to change it for the doughnut spare since she has never had to change a tire before, but when I got there she already had the spare on it :yesss:but was afraid the lugs weren't tight enough so I checked them and they were fine, I looked at the other front and it had a BIG crack around the entire center sidewall, the rears still looked fine but I didn't want her to drive it back 85 miles home with the dough nut and the other front looking like it could blow at any time so I had her leave it at my house and they took her fiancee's car which was being stored at my house to drive back home until I could get new rubber on her's which I had to order since I couldn't fine any thing I liked and or trusted on her ride in stock, I also got lifetime road hazard, lifetime rotation and balancing, and road side tire change for 3 years, so she good for quite some time for where her car meets the road and all for $517!! :thumbsupanim

Yes she has gotten a job, she got it within 2 weeks after graduating, but they didn't want her to start for another 3 weeks, but that changed a week later and they want her to start right away,  she's working for an advertising firm and is in charge of the company's online media, officially she an editor of online content. 

• Like 5

On 7/24/2017 at 5:38 PM, Au Seeker said:

She loves her car, I just put new 80,000 miles Michelins on it last week...

That's a real decent deal, especially when you figure the additionals ran a Benjamin + - by themselves.. Make sure she makes it pay for itself by getting the tires rotated every 5K or so, which'll for sure help getting 80K mi out of them.. Did you happen to catch the tires while the $75 mail-in rebate was still happening..? And Michelin is real good at honoring their 5 (or 6) year factory warranty too.. I dunno why they have the dry rot problem they do, but they do.. At the first sign of any sidewall cracking showing up, just have her take the car back to the tire shop so they can measure tread depth and phone it in.. Michelin will pro rate the replacement(s)..

Really glad to hear she landed a job in her major, and quickly too..! That is sooo not the norm these days.. GL to her..!

Swamp

• Like 1