Nugget Shooter Forums

1 hour ago, fredmason said:

And I thought you were a rich contractor...not a farmer.

I found out about the metal in a serendipitous way...I bought this big straw cowboy hat for the shade.  That was wonderful. But I started having behavior problems with my GPZ and could not figure out the cause...it would start up when I was trying to isolate a target while kneeling next to the detector.  I thought it was some weird emi...very irritating too. 

One day in gold basin my hat flew away. After I caught it, I happened to wave it over the coil...big woowawo! So, thinking that was weird I did it again...big signal...I inally realized the hat had metal in it...when I checked the brim the wire went all around to hold its shape...bad hat!

I probably gave upon some nuggies because of the wire...oh well.

When I go hat hunting again my pinpointer with be in my pocket, for sure!

Funny Fred, I had the same issue when bending over to recover targets early with the GPZ 7000 and as I bent over to wave the scoop over the coil I was getting falsing..... It was my headphones :tisk-tisk:Never had I run into that before, that darn machine is a beast!

1 hour ago, Boorx4 said:

I have used my pin pointer to isolate the hot spots in specimens.  Especially good if you have a large chunk of quartz and want to find where the gold is located in it.

Bob

I had a false alarm when both my detector and pinpointer was beeping on an ore.  Looked in the magnifying glass, saw nothing, and crushed/panned and got nothing.    I do wonder what that ore is.

Yep Fred,

Kinda like the magical stuff that happens when somebody  with a beard an jalapeño poppers an Cabo  just happens to hang a wire up in a bush uh huh....  Not mentioning any names mind you....

Jeff

• Haha 3

I had my new GM 1000 kept sounding off when I ran my scoop over the coil...come to find out it was picking up my medical bracelet. Took it off , no more false beeps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Detector Operator's Creed "Thou Shalt NOT Wear Any Metal!" :black_knight_standing::Diggin_a_hole::th_panic:

• Haha 1

That's why you should just detect naked...  you know... to be sure.  :inocent:     (just don't invite me . LOL)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Andyy said:

That's why you should just detect naked...  you know... to be sure.  :inocent:     (just don't invite me . LOL)

You mean you all don't do that already? :brows:

I nude I was doing something wrong.....

Jen

Hahahaha, Jen, yep that is how we do it. Did you ever read detecting naked by Doc? What a story....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Hahahaha, Jen, yep that is how we do it. Did you ever read detecting naked by Doc? What a story....

Well now, the little devil.... I had no idea he wrote romance novels, I'll have to go check it out :brows:

Edited by Guest

Well I must have missed that story the first time around ... good read ... excellent advice!