Nugget Shooter Forums

Happy Holbrook anniversary.

Yesterday was the anniversary of the Holbrook fall.  Holbrook was where I found my first meteorite.  Below are a couple of my favorite picts I've taken hunting that strewn field over the years.

holbrook2011-03b.jpg

HolbrookJuly2013-024.jpg

Holbrook2014-004.jpg

2015Holbrook-013.JPG

Bob Hoover's first Holbrook, and it was a whopper!

Holbrook2014-010.jpg

Holbrook2016-04.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very coincidentally-- some friends from Virginia who were on a road trip had asked if we (my detecting friend Don and I) would meet them out west some where around the 18th of July.  So, we chose to meet in Holbrook on the 18th and 19th and then we went on to Greer, AZ to cool off and see greenery and lakes.  On the 18th we did not have a lot of time, but did walk around for a bit and did not find any Holbrooks.  We went back the 19th early in the day and the nighttime heavy rain storm had made it impossible to get into the field, so we headed out for Greer. So we did sort of celebrate the occasion!  We did not run into anyone else hunting although it is possible that others were there.  We all had good memories of finds in the past so it was just a pleasant time.

Twink

• Like 1