Nugget Shooter Forums

Got to Get Out

Well it is off to the goldfield with Kevin H. before sunrise tomorrow to see about tagging a nugget or two with the Gold Monster 1000s. Still trying to get some good solid time on this new and fascinating VLF. The darn thing is truly amazing and will change the nugget detecting game forever and having discrimination that actually eliminates ferrous targets and most hotrocks. More to come.....

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Bill Southern said:

Well it is off to the goldfield with Kevin H. before sunrise tomorrow to see about tagging a nugget or two with the Gold Monster 1000s. Still trying to get some good solid time on this new and fascinating VLF. The darn thing is truly amazing and will change the nugget detecting game forever and having discrimination that actually eliminates ferrous targets and most hotrocks. More to come.....

Looking forward to yours and Kevin's results. I have a feeling that you guys are going to beat the skunk's butt. Happy hunting.  :yesss:

Jim

• Thanks 1

I know you have a product to sell but as anyone who hunts with a VLF would tell you if you use discrimination while hunting you're a fool. Dig every target. 

Some people say "Dig them all".To me, it's like saying
"Gold is where you find it"! If you're just swinging everything and waiting around to find it, you're wasting a lot of time and effort. all I can say is good luck.
"Consistently finding gold is where it's at", and even the best discriminating detector won't guarantee that.
But I never discount new technology until its thoroughly tried and field tested.
Will they ever make a detector that is 100% accurate in discrimination? maybe not, but If they can cut down on a number of holes you have to dig especially in a trashy area or loaded with hot rocks, I'm willing to let a few go, some are not.
Some like to find the iron relics of the past even if its just bits and pieces, some don't.
Don't forget about the meteorites. I won't.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 6

All of us get discouraged digging only trash.  Any of us who use a Gold Bug Pro or even a 3030 can hear a target and see the difference between gold and iron.  There are going to be a few pieces that will fool you but if you are old and sore like me then you want to limit the number of holes you dig.  Why dig a bunch of trash and nails if you are not a relic hunter?  If it is too trashy for me then I want to get a strong hit on gold or at least an iffy hit.  When I find gold mixed in with trash then I'll dig more targets.

Just because there is trash in an area that doesn't mean there has to be gold.  Sometime there was gold there before the old timers camped on it and that protects the gold that is left.

I may eventually end up getting a Monster and from all the reports that I have read it finds small gold that many other machines can't find and it will also help me dig fewer holes until I know there is a patch.  This will let me skip a trashy area without gold and find a trashy area with gold.  Some of this I can already do with my 3030 and if you look at some past threads here you will see some fantastic gold found with it.

I've only found a couple of nuggets with the 3030 but one was just over half an ounce!  There was a lot of trash in that river I didn't have to dig.

Mitchel

Edited by mn90403
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

I know you have a product to sell but as anyone who hunts with a VLF would tell you if you use discrimination while hunting you're a fool. Dig every target. 

Yep they would, but this is all new technology and works very differently than the VLF detectors of the past including no threshold which used to be what I called the "voice" of your detector since we carefully listened for variations in the threshold to indicate faint targets. I have always preached to dig all targets and do with all my other detectors, right now I am testing a new machines abilities and so far this detector is dead on. I am using all metal right now and when getting a target use discriminate to first check before digging checking accuracy. Now the biggest part of this is that in places no VLF can work efficiently I can switch over to the shallow mode and hunt the area with few issues. 

This detector has only 2 modes and one is deep all metal, the other shallow with discrimination and it can not be adjusted though sensitivity can. As I said it is a new step in VLF technology and you can say it's about selling detectors if you want, but I have never been one to BS anyone to sell detectors. I think perhaps you should try one and see what it does and how it works before doubting. As technology advances so do detectors and this VLF with it's 24 bit processor is very different than the 40 year old technology in many of the gold nugget VLF units on the market.

I have while testing tried every way I know to fool the Gold Monster in shallow mode and have not been able to yet, but I am still getting to know this detector and reporting my findings as I go.... So far it does as Minelab says and I am impressed with it and have 5 nuggets in my poke, well one is so small it is barely a picker. 

Only thing about this detector I wasn't fond of was the shaft assembly and changed mine, other than that it is a killer detector that I very much enjoy using and can use in ground not workable a VLF previously. As I said this is a very different technology and can not be compared to other VLF gold machines out there as it is like comparing apples and oranges, they are both round, but very different. It is the way often when new technology and the same sort of thing was said as folks tried to wrap their heads around the GPZ 7000 being so different with it's ZVT technology from the PI....

Cheers and I am going hunting....

• Like 8

Got out to Gold Basin this morning , AND I am proud to say in the area I detected there is no longer any small aluminum or lead bullets and shavings.

No gold today but learned alot about the Gold Monster today.  I love being able to switch from all metal to gold (disc) with just the touch of a button.

• Like 4

Hot, gnats, sweating, but had a great time and managed 3 dinks..... one so small I could hardly see it without my glasses out in the field :89: Working shallow ground with GM 1000 in shallow discrimination mode. Lots of Grey Basalt and other hot rocks that are pretty much ignored except for the initial beep before being ignored by the detector.

IMG_20170721_105723_zpskfhntpog.jpg

• Like 9

"Hot, Gnats, Sweating",...  Now where have I heard and experienced that before????  Up here it was only 72 deg. (not bad) out, but the humidity  is running somewhere between 45-49%  Don't ya just love-summer????:2mo5pow:  I think that summer should be completely omitted.  June, July and August should be split up and added to the spring, fall, and winter months, and all the associated-Heat should be give to Russia, as Seibearia (spelling??) could use it better than we. :yesss:

• Haha 2

Im amazed that the 1000 picked up that small one.  Sweet!
Tom H.

• Like 2

Dang Bill. I'd hate to say it but that's getting into GB2 fly poo size. That's pretty amazing.

Good job.

• Like 3

I didn't think there was anything detectible left in that area of LSD...Good machine! ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 1