Nugget Shooter Forums

White tanks prospecting

Ryan123

Anyone ever do any prospecting in the White Tank's? It's close to my house and I had some success there back in 2012 when I lived in the West Valley.  Thinking about doing some metal detecting out there.  Not a lot if info on the white tanks. :)

I'm sure your state mining or geology dept has plenty of information in that area. I would contact them. Check online also and see what's there. You might be surprised.

Yes the White Tanks in AZ do have gold and Mike C. has found some beautiful specimens, but man in the last 15 years or so everybody and their brother has been out there shooting making detecting a nightmare especially around the old mines.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bill Southern said:

Yes the White Tanks in AZ do have gold and Mike C. has found some beautiful specimens, but man in the last 15 years or so everybody and their brother has been out there shooting making detecting a nightmare especially around the old mines.

Yea Bill, that just Gaul's me when you find a good spot and you end up coming home with a pocket full of lead and shrapnel due to these Frigg'n-shooters who could care less ( sometimes referred to as a "Cowboy-mentality") about how much they are filling the hills and washes full of lead and brass.  They are obviously not detectorists otherwise they would be going to a shooting range that is designed for such.   

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 5:47 PM, tomleft said:

Can u metal detect In side the regional park?

Again ... Have to ask the obvious ... what regional park? Each are different.

On 7/17/2017 at 2:47 PM, tomleft said:

Can u metal detect In side the regional park?

CAll the COunty of Maricopa and ask  them http://www.maricopa.gov/

http://www.maricopacountyparks.net/park-locator/white-tank-mountain-regional-park/

Edited by weaver hillbille

The White tanks is  Maricopa is a mixture of just about every type of land there is.  I'd start by looking at this website https://land.az.gov/ to determine who manages the land you want to go to.  The BLM land would be the easiest to prospect, IF NOT CLAIMED.  Maricopa mining recordings are available electronically, but are not easily organized by section, township, and range, and once you find the one you want, the county charges a dollar to view the unofficial PDF.

Not easy to find if the land is claimed, but Land Matters is the best resource I've found.

10 hours ago, homefire said:

"Q: Is metal detecting / recreational prospecting allowed in any of the County parks?

A: Metal detecting is allowed in the parks; however, you may not stray off of the trails or dig/remove anything from the parks. Straying off trail, and removing items from any of the parks violates Park Rules R-109 and R-118."

So why even allow metal detecting and prospecting at all if you can't remove anything from the park :idunno: :grr01:, as always the land of California makes no sense at all!!! :89:

• Like 1

Just now, Au Seeker said:

"Q: Is metal detecting / recreational prospecting allowed in any of the County parks?

A: 

Metal detecting is allowed in the parks; however, you may not stray off of the trails or dig/remove anything from the parks. Straying off trail, and removing items from any of the parks violates Park Rules R-109 and R-118."

So why even allow metal detecting and prospecting at all if you can't remove anything from the park :idunno: :grr01:, as always the land of California makes no sense at all!!! :89:

LOL, Yea you like that ?  But they let you detect.  Like the Forest Peeps.  You Can't Dig. 

Forest people get REALLY PEE PEE Hearted catching you messing with the Floral and Fauna .  You can dig to china in the creeks and washes as long as you don't dig into the banks.  Anything else requires permits for the permit in order to get the permit to be permitted. 

• Like 5