Nugget Shooter Forums

Sure get's qiuet in summer....

Trying to work on about nine things here.  Missing two parts on every one of them . LOL  Did you get your Cooler Coolenating again ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bill Southern said:

Yes ordered a new control module and got a new cooler, 2 birds.......

Swap out 2 pads a month. If you do all 4 at a time it really cuts down on the cooling :)Blow out the bottom of the pan when you do it so you get fresh water in there.  I only use aspen. Not working too well right now, but better than nothing in the shop :)  

Tom 

shop.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Tom what is aspen ? and where did you get the guage that reads humidity-I have a master cool that only takes one big thick pad and and has a purge pump to change out the water automatically and your right it doesnt work to good this time of the year so Ive been running the energy monster AC :grr01: Thanks Mike C...:200:

• Like 1

How many times have I been in that shop and didn't notice that monster next to the temp gauge.  What is that thing a nightmare frog or something?  I'll bet Heather made it when she was a kid.  :idunno:

Old Tom

Edited by Old Tom
5 hours ago, Old Tom said:

How many times have I been in that shop and didn't notice that monster next to the temp gauge.  What is that thing a nightmare frog or something?  I'll bet Heather made it when she was a kid.  :idunno:

Old Tom

That is quite a unique critter isn't it?:25r30wi:

• Like 1

Mastercool here as well, no aspen pads to swap out. The control panel totally fried from a power surge during the storm so went and bought another cooler same type and model since it is the best I have ever owned. Ordered a new panel for the other and going to rebuild it for a spare....

• Like 2
11 hours ago, TomH said:

Swap out 2 pads a month. If you do all 4 at a time it really cuts down on the cooling :)Blow out the bottom of the pan when you do it so you get fresh water in there.  I only use aspen. Not working too well right now, but better than nothing in the shop :)  

Tom 

shop.JPG

Are you saying to swap out your pads every month?   LOL,  Ours have been working for like three years hear.  New ones for next year for sure but these are still in one peace and doing quite well.  Yep ! Aspen. 

We run a bypass to keep the calcium build up down.  Hit it with a Gal of White Vinegar about twice a year.   Bypass goes to a water troft the critters use.

Edited by homefire
14 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Hi Tom what is aspen ? and where did you get the guage that reads humidity-I have a master cool that only takes one big thick pad and and has a purge pump to change out the water automatically and your right it doesnt work to good this time of the year so Ive been running the energy monster AC :grr01: Thanks Mike C...:200:

Think I got it at wal-mart. The master cools do work better than the 3 and 4 side swampies, but once the humidity goes up....it just wont evaporate. 

They are a lot cheaper to run. I can run mine all day for 2.50 a day. CHEEEP.  This is in the shop though. Wife has the energy monster running in the house.

Tom

5 hours ago, homefire said:

Are you saying to swap out your pads every month?   LOL,  Ours have been working for like three years hear.  New ones for next year for sure but these are still in one peace and doing quite well.  Yep ! Aspen. 

Mine get plugged up with calcium pretty fast. We have cruddy water :)
Tom

1 hour ago, TomH said:

Mine get plugged up with calcium pretty fast. We have cruddy water :)
Tom

Chuck a Gal of White Vinegar in the thing.  It rots out the calcite's and  even cleans the thing up.  Smell a bit funky for a day but Eaaaa.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Found this nice rock with calcite crystals.

Put it in 1:1 vinegar: water. Then realized it was calcite so quickly took it out.

I may have frosted the crystals a bit.

bad move.

IMG_0001.JPG

• Like 1