Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Bug Upgrades = Gold

adam

I have had a busted off  "arm cuff" for over a year now, and I finally gathered up enough nuggets to buy a new one :thumbsupanim  Also , I finally got fed up with my old Velcro , and put some new stuff on the cable. :brows:  I`ll tell you what ....That new cuff is the cats meow  ..Its all stealth and ergonomic :rolleyes:  :D

Anyway , I hiked way up this darn canyon, and finally banged out a nice little piece. I was so remote , that I only got three targets

...Super glad one was gold  :head:   .75 of a gram 

Insitu shot

IMG_0203.JPG

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

• Like 9

WTG on the gold Adam :) Thats the same cuff dad has. I had to heat/spread the bottom legs out so it wouldnt tip over so easy when he set it down.

Pretty cool shot of the gold in the ground.
Tom

10 hours ago, boulder dash said:

Killer upgrades bro!!! My box on my gb2 its wiggly, I should tighten it up and see what happens. How do you keep your earphones so clean?

Hey bud,  You wont believe how much gold you will find

• Like 1

Nice clean wrap on the coil wire Adam ... seen so many that are just flopping around! YUP! That new foam grip will be a huge improvement. But a new plastic bolt and nut where the coil attaches to the shaft will really make that GB2 sing!!!! :brows: OH! ... and the little skunk buster nugget is nice too! WTG!!!

Mike F

So far in air test the Gold Monster has showed more sensitive than my digital gold bug. I have both and will be using the GM 1000 for gold.

8 minutes ago, tomleft said:

Im still torn on the ole gold bug 2 or the gold monster ??? Everyone says gold monster 

Not everyone says that :arrowheadsmiley: Question for you-how long have you been detecting ? If you havent been doing it for that long I would go with the monster-the GB2 can be a pain in the A$$ in hot ground and hot rocks if you dont know what your doing-not a newbee friendly unit:idunno:Just some food for thought :head:Mike C...:200:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike C... said:

Not everyone says that :arrowheadsmiley: Question for you-how long have you been detecting ? If you havent been doing it for that long I would go with the monster-the GB2 can be a pain in the A$$ in hot ground and hot rocks if you dont know what your doing-not a newbee friendly unit:idunno:Just some food for thought :head:Mike C...:200:

You're right, Mike, about the GB2 being hard for a newbie to learn, but it really is a sweet machine once you've put in the time (lots of time) on learning it ... Took me 7 years and moving to AZ for me to find my first detected nugget even though I had found pounds of gold dredging and prospecting in NorCal for more than 23 years...My first was over 2 Dwt from LSD (see pic) and I've never looked back since then (although I guess I just did)... I've been using it for 23 years now, it's all beat to hell but still works like a magician's wand ... Now, with all that experience under my belt I can audibly I.D. the target...Even the difference between lead shot and gold...Don't discount GB2 over  the latest greatest ...GB2 Rocks!  Cheers, Unc

Goldbutton6.jpg

Edited by Uncle Ron
  • Like 7

All but a couple little bits were found with the GB2 in the you tube found on this page...(If the link works)

As Uncle Ron said... GB2 rocks!

Edited by LipCa
  • Like 1

Nice gold Adam.

I use sports wrap on my grip. Just wrap it like you would a Baseball Bat and when it gets worn and dirty just take it off and wrap it again.

boulder dash my GB2 box wiggled too. at first, I bent the fins to tighten it up but over time it loosened again so I took a sandwich bag and put it over the fins and slid the box on. It has been solid ever since. 

I did meet this guy a while back that had made a plastic extension for the coil so that when you're digging a target the coil would lay flat without interfering with the coil cable it was cool he said some guy made it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2017 at 7:13 PM, Bill Southern said:

Any day ya get gold is a good day....

I've always liked the saying that "every  day's a good day, just try skipping one".  But I like throwing in the gold angle.  LOL

Nice work Adam.  You sure know how to run the GB2.  Do you have luck with the GB2 as a hillside patch hunter in good looking areas or just stick to the washes?

• Like 1