Nugget Shooter Forums

Yay or Nay

One more for the night before my lovely wife shuts me down. It reminds me of a CC,  it attracts a cheap magnet, tiny patches of shiny black on the outside. I've had this rock 2 years now and haven't been able to get a halfway decent photo to post and ask around. New phone, best camera, good photo finally. In one pic it sits on top a penny for reference.

IMAG0187~2.jpg

IMAG0185~2.jpg

Hi Rocky, 

The stone does not look like a meteorite to me.  I don't see any metal blebs, chondrules, regmaglypts, or fusion crust.  To be sure, you should make a "window" into the stone with a sharpening stone, diamond file, or sand paper if you're patient.  That will give you a good look into the interior.

Good Hunting, Ben

Edited by Regmaglitch

Hahahha:grr01: Good try bud I respect the first part you said, but 3 out of the 4 images are of the filed and polished to 600 window. This rock is the almost the same diameter of a penny. Anybody else have input. Thanks y'all

5 hours ago, Regmaglitch said:

Hi Rocky, 

The stone does not look like a meteorite to me.  I don't see any metal blebs, chondrules, regmaglypts, or fusion crust.  To be sure, you should make a "window" into the stone with a sharpening stone, diamond file, or sand paper if you're patient.  That will give you a good look into the interior.

Good Hunting, Ben

Thanks Adam!!  I just wanted another opinion because he didn't notice that it was filed and polished as he stated I should do, sorry if I came off rude that wasnt my intention. That's why I didn't the head bump thing for humor. Have a nice day!!

Ben has found and seen more meteorites than ya can shake a stick at, his son as well..... Anyway I agree terrestrial. Photos are VERY hard to ID a specimen from that is why we often can only give our best guess and almost always ask for a streak test.

Cheers, Bill