Nugget Shooter Forums
Patrick in Havasu

New Shaft for Gold Monster

Just some info.  I just made my already light Gold Monster lighter by putting it on one of Herbs carbon fiber shafts.  (Thanks Herb)  Everything fit just fine.  But I still need someone to dig and fill the holes for me.

Patrick

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Patrick in Havasu said:

But I still need someone to dig and fill the holes for me.

Hey Patrick, with the GM1000 they won't be that deep and you can skip the aluminum and iron. 

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 2

Hi Pat I changed my wifes out as well for a Gpx straight shaft much better than the stock shaft-you couldnt adjust it and it kept loosing up and spinning with the stock rod setup :idunno:Ive also did a couple of other modds to it-like an aftermarket Herk stand  thats wider and taller than the stock short narrow stand -wont tip over as easy when setting it on the ground:idunno:Have you tried the 5 inch coil yet ? When you do let me know what you think if its like mine and some others it falses at the wire-I have a fix for that as well :idunno:and last but not least I went wireless :head: with it-the stock headphones are pretty cheap they sound good but look like they belong on some kind of toy detector :idunno: -no headphone cord and no lag  time now :4chsmu1: other than that its one sweet little gold beeper :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C...:200: PS-There will probably be some cry babies pop up before to long but hey Truth is Truth and Im prepared :crapstorm:

Edited by Mike C...

19 minutes ago, Mike C... said:

Hi Pat I changed my wifes out as well for a Gpx straight shaft much better than the stock shaft-you couldnt adjust it and it kept loosing up and spinning with the stock rod setup :idunno:Ive also did a couple of other modds to it-like an aftermarket Herk stand  thats wider and taller than the stock short narrow stand -wont tip over as easy when setting it on the ground:idunno:Have you tried the 5 inch coil yet ? When you do let me know what you think if its like mine and some others it falses at the wire-I have a fix for that as well :idunno:and last but not least I went wireless :head: with it-the stock headphones are pretty cheap they sound good but look like they belong on some kind of toy detector :idunno: -no headphone cord and no lag  time now :4chsmu1: other than that its one sweet little gold beeper :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C...:200: PS-There will probably be some cry babies pop up before to long but hey Truth is Truth and Im prepared :crapstorm:

Will you just go out detecting for Petes sake so you can post more info on how it does out there?
  I dont care if its 117 out either :)
Tom H.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, TomH said:

Will you just go out detecting for Petes sake so you can post more info on how it does out there?
  I dont care if its 117 out either :)
Tom H.

:stirthepot:Hi Tom just waiting for the monsoons to kick in and Ill be out and about-:arrowheadsmiley: Im getting ready right now to go slay some flat heads at bartlett tonight :yesss: Mike C...:200:

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 6

Hello Mike.  Nice to hear from you.  I haven't had a chance to try the machine yet.  Too hot here in Havasu to stick my nose out the door.  But if we get some monsoon activity, I should be able to sneak out for a bit. 

Patrick

I have done the same shaft mod except on the stock lower GPX shaft I had to drill the 1/4 inch coil mount hole to 5/16 and works great. I wasn't having allot of trouble with it coming lose, but didn't like having to take it apart to get it into a storage bag. Guess I am just old school and like the old button/slid adjustment for the lower shaft best. The reason the GM stock shaft is 3 piece screw together type is so it fits neatly into a backpack, so will keep it packed into my gear incase I want to be able to do that. Darn thing goes deeper than any other VLF on small and large targets I have owned so far in the goldfields and that is nice, but I have big guns for that. :brows:  Guess I am in the minority on the headphones as I like them :ROFL:But then again anyone that knows me will tell ya all I use on my 5000, 2300, and 7000 is the stock Koss and yes I have tried many other including Grey Ghost, Black Widow, etc. and for my hearing the Koss is boss. Kevin H. calls them Princess Laya Headphones for here hairstyle in Star Treck movies :idunno:

• Like 3

Patrick,

Show us a picture from your living room if you can't take one outside if it is too hot!

Mitchel

On 7/8/2017 at 11:59 AM, Patrick in Havasu said:

Just some info.  I just made my already light Gold Monster lighter by putting it on one of Herbs carbon fiber shafts.  (Thanks Herb)  Everything fit just fine.  But I still need someone to dig and fill the holes for me.

Patrick

I heard Shep's not busy !

• Like 1

Can you guys fill me in on the Herk Stand. I googled it with no results. Also, do any of the Minelab shafts telescope? It would be nice to get one for the GM 1000.

Thanks -------------------------------

Jim

Anderson Metal Detector Stand RED 0917 Im sorry its called the anderson stand-they come in different colors I got black and yes the Gpx straight rods adjust-Mike C...:200:

Edited by Mike C...

Thanks for the info guys. Bill, how short do these shafts collapse to? Should i get the upper and lower or just one or the other?

So many choices, whew ----------------------------

Jim

You need both upper and lower-sorry Bill I was already posting again-Heres a pic of the GM with the wireless headphones and the detector stand :head: Mike C...:200:DSCN0661.JPG

2 hours ago, North Pines Gold said:

Thanks for the info guys. Bill, how short do these shafts collapse to? Should i get the upper and lower or just one or the other?

So many choices, whew ----------------------------

Jim

Both and I'll cut ya a standard 10% off for forum members.... Just gotta type in NS1 when it asks for the code, cheers

Hey Mike, what kind of wireless setup is that? Is it "bluetooth" or another type? I've heard the Zlink is a good one. I'm thinking about going that route also. 

Thanks ---------------------------------

Jim

6 minutes ago, North Pines Gold said:

Hey Mike, what kind of wireless setup is that? Is it "bluetooth" or another type? I've heard the Zlink is a good one. I'm thinking about going that route also. 

Thanks ---------------------------------

Jim

Its made by Deteknix and its not bluetooth its different without the lag time its the 2.4 G system-They offer na few different setups-one comes with a receiver and a transmitter so you can use your own headphones-I have it another is like the one in my pic and it comes with the headphones which is the receiver and the transmitter-another setup they offer is a pair of full size headphones with the transmitter-you get about 6 hrs runtime from one charge which aint bad-I also have the garret Zlink and it isnt bluetooth either-you get 30 hrs runtime on one charge with it-I think the audio clarity is better with the Deteknix than the garret which sounds kind of muffled thats just me- but is still doable -Have fun :head:Mike C...:200:

I use the Minelab system which is also not Bluetooth and is crisp and clear as a bell with no lag.... It is called Minelab Pro-Sonic and I do carry them and it also has a long run time.

3 minutes ago, Bill Southern said:

I use the Minelab system which is also not Bluetooth and is crisp and clear as a bell with no lag.... It is called Minelab Pro-Sonic and I do carry them ant it also has a long run time.

How long ?

16 hours max according to Minelab, I charge mine daily so have not ever run it flat....