Nugget Shooter Forums

On 6/22/2017 at 9:23 AM, Morlock said:

. Sometimes things beyond control happen to even smart, experienced people.

And the responsibility for their actions rests with them.

• Like 1
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is not putting people in danger... just some dumb people out there. Let's have a little personal responsibility again..... quit blaming it on others.

...or the ocean. Maybe we should put up a fence and keep people out of there.  It's dangerous.

But don't put the blame on Forrest. You could get killed stepping off the sidewalk and the EMTs, fire trucks police and others would show up.... should we stop building sidewalks?

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, weaver hillbille said:

And the responsibility for their actions rests with them.

That's a great concept. You know what would happen if the State of New Mexico failed to send searchers out every time one of those bozos (experienced or inexperienced) ran into trouble? They would be sued and probably lose.

4 minutes ago, Morlock said:

You know what would happen if the State of New Mexico failed to send searchers out every time one of those bozos (experienced or inexperienced) ran into trouble? 

No one is suggesting that except you.

6 minutes ago, Morlock said:

That's a great concept. 

NOt a concept. it's the truth.

23 minutes ago, weaver hillbille said:

NOt a concept. it's the truth.

Not in this day and age where everyone wants to sue for frivolous bs. 

25 minutes ago, weaver hillbille said:

No one is suggesting that except you.

This is the reality of the world we live in today.

22 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Not in this day and age where everyone wants to sue for frivolous bs. 

And that's their right.

So , I guess atty's win and we legislate all risk out of life for fear of lawsuit?

GOod luck with that reality

• Like 1

Who going to pay for the Rescue?  Bill them like you get billed for Med Evac ?  Force people to buy Insurance maybe ?  I go with "Your took the Risk , You Pay for it" .

The Sun Shade I put in the windshield of my car has a warning.  "DO NOT DRIVE WHILE IN PLACE"   Yep, there out there.  That warning is there because of it.

Edited by homefire
  • Like 3
39 minutes ago, homefire said:

Who going to pay for the Rescue?  Bill them like you get billed for Med Evac ?  Force people to buy Insurance maybe ?  I go with "Your took the Risk , You Pay for it" 

The state of New Mexico has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars looking for idiots, (experienced or not) who find themselves in trouble looking for this treasure.. either through stupidity or bad luck. Guess who pays for it??? The taxpayers.

That's understood in every state. So what?

YOu  can't fence off the wilderness. And you can't fix stupid.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Morlock said:

Tell that to HF.

YOu're the only one here  that seems to want to legislate all the risk and reward out of life.

• Like 1

LOL, HF has no Dog in this fight.   The State of New Mexico does try to recover the funds if possible.  It just never happens.  Run by Democrats they have no issues spending our money.  

Can't help but wonder how many Millions of dollars have been used pulling people out of the Superstitions. 

Edited by homefire
1 hour ago, homefire said:

Can't help but wonder how many Millions of dollars have been used pulling people out of the Superstitions. 

...or the ocean.

Maybe we should put up a fence and keep people out of there. 

It's dangerous.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, homefire said:

The Sun Shade I put in the windshield of my car has a warning.  "DO NOT DRIVE WHILE IN PLACE"   Yep, there out there.  That warning is there because of it.

Don't stick your head in a bucket of water, either. YOu might drown.D1917.gif

The bag your sunshade came in is a choking hazard.  Do not attempt to breathe while inside it.

• Like 1

States that have good hunting and fishing probably spend more every year on search and rescue resources than New Mexico will ever spend on the few people that get lost or hurt looking for this treasure. Just in Nevada alone, they have to go out and look for hunters several times a hunting season. Why aren't state governments not wanting to ban hunting and fishing and other outdoor activities due to this reason? 

• Like 1

Sorta like the 49ers. People with Zero experiences in the Bush get a Hair up their you know what and have a go thinking EASY MONEY. And then Reality sneaks up and Bites em in the butt.

Piss poor planning promotes piss poor performance. Weather is getting most of them, both hot and cold. First thing I always check before launching into any outdoor activity, weather.

Edited by GeoJack
  • Like 3

Grub, conventional thinking and most point to Yellowstone as he spent so much of his family vacations there. I picked a place a little closer as he said he drove his car there.

I've spent some time researching, and have come South of the Canadian Border.  At least its keeping me busy.

My buddy and I spent many years flyfishing Yellowstone. We have a spot that clearly matches all the clues, but he's still working, and we just haven't made time to go look. The road is close, and many people go by there every year, so Fenn is right when he says many people have been close. One of these years, we'll go take a walk, and see if we're right.

Jim