Nugget Shooter Forums

Rich Hill

Yo, All..I haven't been out to Rich Hill in several years, mainly because the newbs with $$$ and bad attitudes came in and bought up a bunch of old claims and started blocking areas off, even though they legally can't do that ... Claims shift so fast out there that it's ridiculous ... What's the current status there? Thanks, and Cheers, Unc

We're with you Unc. Don't go there anymore, too much going on with gun toters and crazies. One never knows just what road you can be on or not. We haven't been there in a few years also, don't need that kind of drama. I'm curious also. Old Tom

• Like 1

Ask Bunk Ron. He still has claims up there off of Weaver. Last time I was up there there was a gate across the road headed up Weaver creek. I don't think they have the right to block that off....lot of Roadrunner claims up there that can't be accessed now. They let us through because we were with Bunk.

I know Dan (caretaker of the Octave)somewhat and he said they were tired of the vandalism and trespassing. They kept having equipment getting shot and other stupid human crap. 

This was 2 years ago...I haven't been up there recently. 

• Like 1

"WOW" Ron,...  Have you had a Miracle-Cure of late???  The last I heard, you could hardly walk from your house to you pickup without excruciating pain in you back, and now you're wanting to take-on Rich Hill??  .........When do "WE" go???  Gary

If they have a Unauthorized Gate on BLM lands get the BLM to cut the thing.  When I was working for a microwave outfit we had a Rancher that kept locking gates with his own lock.  First few times we just backed off and called the BLM who cut the lock in a day or so.  He kept doing it.  The BLM told us to just cut the lock  .  After a few month it stopped.  I think the BLM had more then words with him. 

Locked gates are a PITA but so is vandalism, mineral theft, trespassing and dumping. 
There is private and patented land up there along with BLM land and leased state land. There have always been disputes over which is what.
Then there's that horrendous road going in and out of there. I decided a long time ago just to stay away. 

• Like 1

Was up there in April. The gate is still there blocking the road to the Devil's Nest but you can still take the dynamite shack road to the RR claims. No Weaver claims at all anymore over by the windmill. No one waved a gun at me or anything whole weekend I was there. But I always carry one too. 

Does Weaver even exist as a club anymore?  Has anyone talked to anyone running the club?  Thanks, Cheers, Unc

47 minutes ago, Uncle Ron said:

Does Weaver even exist as a club anymore?  Has anyone talked to anyone running the club?  Thanks, Cheers, Unc

How many claims does your 2017 Rich Hill & vicinity map show as belonging to Weaver..? Thanks..

Swamp

23 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Then there's that horrendous road going in and out of there.

Are you talking about the graded road from HWY 89 to Stanton ?   Regardless, if you are not willing to get your vehicle a little dirty or do some off-roading, then you are going to severely limit your success in prospecting.

3 hours ago, adam said:

Are you talking about the graded road from HWY 89 to Stanton ?   Regardless, if you are not willing to get your vehicle a little dirty or do some off-roading, then you are going to severely limit your success in prospecting.

Hi Adam. Yes. That's the road I'm referring to. It is littered with auto parts that fell off of vehicles as they "got a little dirty". LOL. I saw a Lost Dutchmen member's motorhome windshield pop out. 
Ask Uncle Ron about that road. Nevermind, I'll ask him...
Hey Unc, please tell us about your broken axle experience on the "graded road from 89 to Stanton."

Edited by Dakota Slim

Hey Slim, yeah the road sucks...I cracked the punkin on the rear axle... Spendy to fix...

Swamp, I'm trying to find out the current status of the claims ... I think WMD only owned one of all the claims and the rest were leased from individuals or groups....I PM'd Bunk and tried calling but now, instead of just no answer, the # is  disconnected! I may have to redo the map again...Things are crazy at RH these days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uncle Ron said:

Swamp, I'm trying to find out the current status of the claims ... I think WMD only owned one of all the claims and the rest < snip > ...

Awhile back in a similar thread Clay posted a reply that explained the situation Weaver et al let itself fall into.. I can't look at a computer screen too long yet, but if someone could find it we'd at least know what things were as of then.. Many claims lost all for want of someone's signature as I recall..

Swamp

12 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Hi Adam. Yes. That's the road I'm referring to. It is littered with auto parts that fell off of vehicles as they "got a little dirty". LOL. I saw a Lost Dutchmen member's motorhome windshield pop out. 
Hey Unc, please tell us about your broken axle experience on the "graded road from 89 to Stanton."

I remember one guy who belonged to LDMA and was driving to Wickenburg for groceries. Just about made it to highway 89 when his wheel feel off. Lucky it didn't fall off when he was driving on the highway. He would laugh about this years later.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

The only thing ive ever left on that road is air out of my tires! :2mo5pow:

Tom H. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Stanton Rd gave me a whole new understanding and respect for Loctite blue & top-of-the-line shocks.. 

Leviathan02_1104.jpg 

Swamp

Edited by Swampstomper Al
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Stanton Rd gave me a whole new understanding and respect for Loctite blue & top-of-the-line shocks.. 

Leviathan02_1104.jpg 

Swamp

Thanks for the photos. Brings back old memories.

• Like 1

When they do grade that road, it takes about 2 days for the washboard to come back.
The road at Franconia, going back to the Havasu Gold Seekers camp, is as bad or worse.  

Sorry Unc. Getting back to the maps....

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Morlock said:

What causes the washboarding on this road? I don't see it in too many other places. It must be the composition of the road I would think.

To much speeding traffic.

15 hours ago, Morlock said:

Just about made it to highway 89 when his wheel feel off. Lucky it didn't fall off when he was driving on the highway. 

Im sure the road was not responsible for his wheel falling off. Maybe he should check his lugs from time to time.

These are all exaggerations, just like the road going to rye patch causing flats all the time....good grief !, maybe people should stop driving on bald tires

• Like 3