Nugget Shooter Forums
Mike C...

GOLDMONSTER 1st walk=1st blood from a newbee

Well I got the GM put it together-very easy ;) I bought this for my wife who has never found any gold with anything-she had tried the 2300 but it was a little to heavy for her so I thought we would try the GM being its liteweight and beginner friendly :P So I take her to a place where Id found gold before-I turned it on and took it through its paces just to get aquainted with it and it didnt bite me :o my schooling for her was to find a good target and let her hear it -show her how to pinpoint it and then capture it from the dirt-so we dig a few targets good and bad just to test the accuracy of the meter but none were gold -_--and it was dead on-so after that she wanted to take it for a spin by herself and within 5-10 minutes she had her first target:) she calls me over and I rechecked it with the GM meter said good so I scrape off some dirt target still there and reading good the next scrape and target was out of the hole-I had forgot to bring my scoop and my gold container and I was way up on a hill :unsure: well after a little effort sifting through the dirt and dropping it on the coil one pinch at a time we hear a ping  target was now on the coil moved the dirt around a little and there it was her first nugget :wub: it was very small and I knew it was under a grain but wouldnt know for sure untill we got home which weighed in at 4/10ths of a Grain found at 1-2 inches in the ground-I ran my 2300 over it and not even a peep :blink: GM heard it loud and clear at 1-2 inches in the ground-We were using the 5 inch coil machine set at auto sensitivity plus and set at shallow-it ran real smooth over hot rocks and hot ground-next time out we'll try the other coil-I would like to get some more time on the gold monster but I think my wife is hooked now :mellow: This is a super sensiitive machine and will give any VLF a run and yes even a GB2 the only difference is the GM will work in ground the others struggle in :o More to come along with my thoughts on the pro's and cons-Mike C...:ph34r:

RSCN0656.JPG

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 13

Mike that is a gushing rave review from you...generally, I have not noticed you to be keen on new toys. At least not until they are proven...

Congratulations to your wife for finding her first and to you for finding her a detector that fits the need and the deed!

fred

• Like 1

Congratulations to your wife, Mike !!  :D

Congrats to you for being lucky enough to take her to the right time/place to find that gold.

:thumbsupanim

Luke

• Like 1

WTG Mrs. Mike C..! :yesss:

Swamp

• Like 1

Thanks Guys she is hooked now :arrowheadsmiley:-heck it took me over a year to beep my first one :idunno: Fred I did find a couple of things I didnt like about it butttttttttttt Im saving that until I get some more time on it-that is- if I can pry it from my wifes hands :Just_Cuz_06: 

• Like 3

WTG Mike's wife! :)
Thats cool shes stoked about it now. 

Too bad the heat it moving in, but there will be a fall eventually.

Tom H.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomH said:

WTG Mike's wife! :)
Thats cool shes stoked about it now. 

Too bad the heat it moving in, but there will be a fall eventually.

Tom H.

Ya but the heat factor might give me chance to use it a little more :4chsmu1:Thanks Mike C...:200:

• Like 1

Congrats to the wife Mike! Now she's gonna be after you to take her out all the time:yesss:.

Dean

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Ya but the heat factor might give me chance to use it a little more :4chsmu1:Thanks Mike C...:200:

Its also good to hear a opinion from someone that isnt in the companies back pocket :)
And, im pretty sure if it sucked you would say so :thumbsupanim

Tom H.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TomH said:

Its also good to hear a opinion from someone that isnt in the companies back pocket :)
And, im pretty sure if it sucked you would say so :thumbsupanim

Tom H.

Yes Tom my thoughts exactly -without saying any names its very obvious who they are they get all pissy when  anything negative is said about it-Hmmmmm-in the companies back pocket you bet  :grr01: and there are 3 things that I deffinatly  dont like but can be worked around :arrowheadsmiley: theres more good than bad points about the GM 1000-so for now until I get more hours on it I'll keep it to myself-Thanks-Mike C...:200:

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 5

Out fishing in NH for a couple months but looking forward to getting my hands on one for the Fall. Looking forward to your further review Mike ... And a hardy congratulations to your wife! Glad you found a seemingly great machine that she feels is light enough to work with! A Monster Operator is born! LOL!

Mike F

• Like 1

You guys are painting with a very broad brush...and impugning the character of some very fine unnamed people...get a grip!

fred

15 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Yes Tom my thoughts exactly -without saying any names its very obvious who they are they get all pissy when  anything negative is said about it-Hmmmmm-in the companies back pocket you bet  :grr01: and there are 3 things that I deffinatly  dont like but can be worked around :arrowheadsmiley: theres more good than bad points about the GM 1000-so for now until I get more hours on it I'll keep it to myself-Thanks-Mike C...:200:

So if I get this right you guys prefer to get no more early information from people who have an inside track on such things? Just wait for regular purchasers to report? I have made the suggestion to at least one company that tester gag orders simply not get lifted in the future.

• Like 1

Of course as a novice I want early reviews.  I don't wish the gag order to remain in effect for early testers.  I personally have thought of selling me Xterra 705 thinking that minelab will discontinue supporting it in the near future because the GoldMonster 1000 is what I bought the 705 for years ago.  I am using these reviews to help decide if it's better to keep the 705 or sell the 705 to fund a Gold Monster 1000.  Either way, having no knowledge of Minelab corporate workings, I would expect the 705 to go bye bye soon.

I will look at all these reviews and make my own decisions.  I have found it odd since I started prospecting, ?five Years ago?, that not a single negative review has been given from an early release of a tester.  Could be Minelab doesn't give them to the tester unless it lives up to the Minelab reputation because they've gone through such an extensive pre-test in the company home grounds.

Goes further than just minelab.  In the time I've ordered the GPAA magazine and they did a product review, never was the review bad.

I honestly don't know if this is typical across a lot of things, I don't get any other magazines.  Most of my other interests are big enough that I can order from Amazon or E-Bay, and I can look at reviews from purchasers or review the seller.  I can often discard some of the low ones as not knowing the product, or buying it thinking the $2 product would be the same as the $200 product.  One review I recently discarded was a review for a $900 product that "died" after two years.  What the reviewer failed to mention was the replacement component of the unit he purchased would be $150.

Those review boards that show positive and negative comments from someone who is verified as having purchased the product new is what I find missing in the prospecting world.  I think it would be fair to have a verified purchaser rate a new expensive PI detector for 4 of 5 stars because the detector finds so much junk in the ground and not just gold.  Let the reader decide if that's a valid reason to mark it down.

Anyway, back to what I really need to be doing......

• Like 2

Good report Mike and it is a killer VLF and is out there like you said "finding Gold" I am going to get Tammy going on one for the same reasons you mention. By the way all, they are now in stock here at Nugget Shooter and ready to find you gold!

• Like 4

Bill, I am surprised you don't take a stand on this stupid idea that anyone that is given a test detector is in "their back pocket" or otherwise being bought off. 

I know you have tested a few machines; and now you do talks for Gold Prospectors...does that make your word invalid?
NO, NO it does not. Why because you can't be bought off.  I know you and I know the  un-named...it is offensive you have to see this crap. 

I have been in this game for many long years. Yes, most reviews in magazines are slanted to the positive. No, you will not read in plain English that such and such is a piece of doggy-do...read between the lines. The main intent of reviews is to get the word out about the new toy...The guys that can't wait will find the faults( which are often unknown) and they will find new things that weren't thought of by the maker...

The work of really testing a new machine and then writing an intelligent report is tremendous...I respect those efforts.

The Australians ruined a good forum with the same innuendos...all the worthwhile posters left, I would hate to see that happen here.

enough editorializing- delete if you want. 

Chrisski,The detector can only find what is there...Pi machines find every bit of junk man ever dropped...that is when you want a good discrimination  machine...I would not be in a hurry to get rid of the 705...

good hunting fred

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Good report Mike and it is a killer VLF and is out there like you said "finding Gold" I am going to get Tammy going on one for the same reasons you mention. By the way all, they are now in stock here at Nugget Shooter and ready to find you gold!

Bill she will love it :head: Thanks-  Mike C...:200:

Edited by Mike C...

Thanks Mike C. for the information and congratz to the mrs.

Can you or anyone out there tell me if the coils for the GM 1000 are double D or mono?

I really love the double D's.  Mono's are a pain when trying to pin point a target.

Bob

10 hours ago, fredmason said:

You guys are painting with a very broad brush...and impugning the character of some very fine unnamed people...get a grip!

fred

I just painted my back patio with a roller and a broad brush.....looks pretty good heh!?  :ROFL:

Im trying to figure out who these un-named people are? Can we really know who un-named people are? Im not that smart. :th:

I was referring to the video ML put out about the gold monster. Guy is swinging it like a golf club and then they show gold???  Seriously??? 

Chill pills taste good :)  

Now I will probably get sued once someone forwards this to ML and everyone will remember me for this one post! ............not the other 800 posts....Such is the net.  :idunno:

Tom H. 

SAM_1589.JPG

• Like 3

Seems a lot like the Democrat party. Just drink the darn Koolaid.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TomH said:

:crapstorm:

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Boorx4 said:

Thanks Mike C. for the information and congratz to the mrs.

Can you or anyone out there tell me if the coils for the GM 1000 are double D or mono?

I really love the double D's.  Mono's are a pain when trying to pin point a target.

Bob

Bob:
 Try to find the sweet spot on the mono. On an elliptical ive found it to be the heel of the coil. Point closest to you. I use that to pinpoint with on my 9x14.

Tom H.