Nugget Shooter Forums
Cowkiller

Water at lynx?

This place sound like it needs the attention of a Aquatic Metal Detector REAL bad.  Snerk Snerk.  Think of the years of Rings and Trinkets to be had?

8 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

A little off topic for this thread,

There are a lot of box canyons out there. just make sure you include Wickenburg in the search. been there many times, loved it. glad Wickenburg defended it.
But you may want to take a look at the long term plans to build a dam and lake above it. AzNuggetBob

How about expounding & expanding a bit on this, Bob..? What are you seeing, both positive & negative...

Swamp

Swamp I read about this in detail in an old U.S.Army Corp of Engineers master plan book for the state of az.
Now I have nothing against Az having more water resources but what about all the mining claims in that area?
AzNuggetBob

I am all for Arizona getting it's own water where it can.  Getting the water from the Colorado river down here during the depression was a huge forward thinking project.  Now, the Colorado river has no more water to give.  If you look at the google maps, between where the US dams the water up and where the Mexicans dam the water up, nothing flows into the gulf of California anymore.  It looks like a dry creek.  If this new dam on the Hassunyumpa actually created more water for the state so I could water my lawn and shower everyday, I would give up my mining claim.  I really think we're only a few years away from water rationing, unless we can get more water somehow or reduce the states' population.  Flushless urinals and other smaller toilets only go so far. The Colorado river has got to be the biggest source of available, non-depleteable water, but every drop of that river is already used.

I can only think this book was created sometime after the depression.  I lived in Oklahoma and there was another document floating around about a reservoir extension project that never came to fruition.  People selling their home's in the area were not happy about it.  20 years later and that reservoir never got extended.

You can thank places like Phoenix, Tucson, Reno, Las Vegas for that.  They should never have been allowed to get so large.  It's not just water they overextended. 

• Like 1

I'll put a couple of solar panels on my roof for electricity, and I'll be fine, but I worry about water.  Plenty of room to dump stuff.

Anyone know if there is water there now after all the rain?