Nugget Shooter Forums

302 Buckets !! Canyon of Gold !!

adam

Boulder dash and I got together for some drywashing down in the desert heat last weekend. This spot is difficult as we were camped exactly one half mile (measured not exaggerated like some fools do) from the chosen dig area . This means  that all the equipment would have to be hiked up to the location, and we would obviously have to hike to and from daily. Between Boulder dash and I, we hiked the .51 mile distance 24 times from Thursday night  to Sunday afternoon. 

We packed Boulder dash`s 151, generator, motor, Shop vac , and all the other items necessary to move some gravels. The gold here is coarse, as we are just down the mountain from one of the sources of the placer. By 12 noon on Sunday we had run 302 buckets, and Boulder dash decides to go get some of the ore laying around the mine up the mountain.

All together we wound up with 18 + Grams for the weekend ! :200:

Crushed,amalgamated gold from 12 lbs of the ore laying on the surface . 

.09 grams :brows:

25262_zpsendeuqqo.jpeg

14.16 Grams of coarse placer gold...:yesss:

25418_zpsbduzz6hd.jpeg

3.96 grams of the bigger coarse pieces around an old button .....:oregonian_winesmiley:

IMG_9951_zpssx06zy2z.jpg

A small area before being worked.

IMG_9937_zpsvyrwqufx.jpg

Same area after ...

MVI_9946_Moment_zps98xyq7rw.jpg

Thanks to boulder dash for doing the clean ups and providing the detailed info regarding the weights. 

• Like 9

We'll have to start calling you guys 'Gold Monsters'.....

Oh.... wait....   I guess that name has already been taken.   :4chsmu1:

Nice work fellas !!   Good to see the Dynamic Duo is still out there showing how it's done.

Congrats !!

Luke

• Like 3

I was wondering when it was going to get hot enough for you guys to start drywashing?
Thats a good amount of gold! and, a good exercise program.
WTG.

Tom H.

12 hours ago, adam said:

Crushed,amalgamated gold from 12 lbs of the ore laying on the surface . 

.09 grams :brows:

25262_zpsendeuqqo.jpeg

I did a little math on this. Assuming you could have found a ton of similar ore, you might have extracted 15 grams of gold via amalgamation. Might have been even a little richer considering you probably couldn't get a 100% recovery rate.

I think I see the future here with BD and Adam....:ROFL:

Tom H.

muleequp.jpg

• Like 3

You guys are keeping our dreams alive.

24 trips seems like a lot, but results based performance shows it was.  Looks like a lot of hard work paid off.

11 hours ago, Morlock said:

I did a little math on this. Assuming you could have found a ton of similar ore, you might have extracted 15 grams of gold via amalgamation. Might have been even a little richer considering you probably couldn't get a 100% recovery rate.

That is what my math came out too also.

Just out of curiosity, have you two ever gone back to work an area where you've previously worked in the past to see if it's being replenished from upstream sources? Seems lots of flash floods in those narrow areas over time might become productive  again. Should also give an indication how slow or fast gold travels over time in desert areas.

I did some dredging in the Bradshaw's years ago and often wonder if any gold from upstream has moved back into those spots that were previously worked.

Edited by Morlock

302 buckets is about 8.5 cubic yards. That's a lot of work guys. I moved a couple cubic yards of dirt doing some landscaping work and it took me forever. Moving a yard of dirt down in a gully is twice as hard. Kudos.

On 5/25/2017 at 4:46 AM, Morlock said:

Just out of curiosity, have you two ever gone back to work an area where you've previously worked in the past to see if it's being replenished from upstream sources? Seems lots of flash floods in those narrow areas over time might become productive  again. Should also give an indication how slow or fast gold travels over time in desert areas.

Yep, sure have done it. Yes, absolutely it will replenish if the conditions upstream are capable of providing enough gold. We have worked spots and found gold in the same spot, as little as a year in between. 

Edited by adam

Would it be illegal to bring a rock saw and small jackhammer to create your own riffles in the bedrock to make a more efficient gold trap?:yesss::brows:

Laugh if you want.  I've known people to place and anchor shag carpet down across  flat bed rock and return to clean it up in a year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, adam said:

`Im very confused by your comment. Is your idea supposed to help me find more gold?

Let's say I owned my private patented gold claim in the Bradshaw's with a number of rich washes on it. There's all kinds of gold coming from the claim above me  thereby replenishing itself after a number of flash floods on my property. Just suppose I thought of a crazy idea to trap the gold to keep it from traveling off my property by creating two or three riffles in the bedrock using a concrete saw and a small jackhammer. "Riffles" would be 3" wide and 3" deep across the width of the wash. How effective would that be in trapping gold? Crazy idea? Sure... But would it work for the intended purpose of keeping the gold from traveling off the property?