Nugget Shooter Forums

Short trip with the SDC 2300

Since the forums have been slow thought I would post some dinks from yesterdays really short hunt with the sdc-I havent been out in a long time so I got out to a very pounded patch in the desert about 9am and it was already very warm-saddled up and within the first 5 minutes I had my first and biggest one 2.2 grains-only down about 1-2 inches-about 2 hours later I had 3 more all down about 3 inches :P-bugs flying up my nose and in my eyes didnt make it any better as it was heating up fast--smallest one weighed in at .8 of a grain-total weight was 5.6 grains :huh: These are dinks that were missed hundreds of times by me and other detectorist with many different beepers :mellow: so credit goes to the sdc-its going to take 100s of these size dinks to pay for it :blink: good thing its only a hobby for me -oh well still having fun with it sure wish they would offer a bigger coil for it B)-Total beepin time was 2.34 hours so thats about little over 2 grains an hour:(-I think Ill keep my day job ;) Mike C...:ph34r:

RSCN0654.JPG

• Like 6

Well that speaks alot for the SDC pullin those out of pounded ground. Nice to see you gettin out Mike and thanks for sharing! Love any and all gold. Helps me get by with the skunk I've been smellin lately.

But that might be over for a bit, Got out yesterday, placered and nothing, decided to hit hillsides and found a 20'x20' heavily mineralized area that was just blowing up the GB2, I took samples to pan and nothing, but on one side of this area before the ground changes there is a 3' round red area that just made the GB2 scream no matter what setting and ground balance was not doing anything, so I said heck with it and took a handful of dirt of the red spot and stuck it in my pocket for later, well that handful of dirt panned out 6 gold specs and four 1\32 size peices! Goin back with the drywasher next weekend.

• Like 4

Nice work, Mike.  I can definitely say that if there was one machine for me to get to compliment the GPZ... it would be the sdc.  Nice gold.

23 hours ago, fredmason said:

Nice gold Mike!  Some one told me that an 11 inch commander coil could be adapted to the sdc...I don't have one but the source was solid-unfortunately, I don't remember who it was....

fred

Hi Fred ya I seen that somewhere as well where someone actually did it-I have the perfect coil for it I just got to be brave and try it-Thanks-Mike C...:200:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Well that speaks alot for the SDC pullin those out of pounded ground. Nice to see you gettin out Mike and thanks for sharing! Love any and all gold. Helps me get by with the skunk I've been smellin lately.

But that might be over for a bit, Got out yesterday, placered and nothing, decided to hit hillsides and found a 20'x20' heavily mineralized area that was just blowing up the GB2, I took samples to pan and nothing, but on one side of this area before the ground changes there is a 3' round red area that just made the GB2 scream no matter what setting and ground balance was not doing anything, so I said heck with it and took a handful of dirt of the red spot and stuck it in my pocket for later, well that handful of dirt panned out 6 gold specs and four 1\32 size peices! Goin back with the drywasher next weekend.

Sounds like you may have a good spot-Good luck and Thanks-Mike C...:200:

Nice job Mike !!   :thumbsupanim

The SDC does find the gold the other detectors missed.

After a few consecutive skunks with the GPX, I like take the SDC for a spin and make myself feel better.

:4chsmu1:

Good luck out there !

Luke

• Like 2

9 hours ago, adam said:

Well done mike ! 

Im surprised the SDC has that kind of capabilities.....

Ya Adam and you dont have to clear all the overburden off a wash to find them-just wait till I get my Goldmonster 1000 and maybe Jen can give me a few pointers :arrowheadsmiley: Thanks Mike C...:200:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Ya Adam and you dont have to clear all the overburden off a wash to find them-just wait till I get my Goldmonster 1000 and maybe Jen can give me a few pointers :arrowheadsmiley: Thanks Mike C...:200:

To bad you didnt clear it off. You likely left ounces in fines behind  :arrowheadsmiley::4chsmu1:

23 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Nice job Mike !!   :thumbsupanim

The SDC does find the gold the other detectors missed.

After a few consecutive skunks with the GPX, I like take the SDC for a spin and make myself feel better.

:4chsmu1:

Good luck out there !

Luke

Toward the end of my hunt I strapped on the 5000 and the threshhold ran really smooth :head: compared to the jiddery threshold on the sdc but I havent been skunked yet with the sdc-knock on wood :arrowheadsmiley: Thanks Mike C...:200:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, adam said:

To bad you didnt clear it off. You likely left ounces in fines behind  :arrowheadsmiley::4chsmu1:

Hi Adam your probably right about the fines I dont know about ounces though :arrowheadsmiley: Digging up a wash is like a job I go out to get away from my job and and all the BS for some fun and the release and hopefully some gold :head: When it becomes a job then whats the point :idunno: FYI-I found them on some hills with hard packed red dirt littered with ironstones-deffinatly  minelab country :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dbado1 said:

Nice work, Mike!

Getting warm out there. Time to head for the high country.

I'm swamped at work so the nugs are safe from me for a while :(.

Dean

Hey Dean yep to the north for me as well :head: Give me a shout when you have some free time-Thanks Mike C...:200:

On 5/22/2017 at 6:03 PM, Mike C... said:

Sounds like you may have a good spot-Good luck and Thanks-Mike C...:200:

Bust! Drywashed 5 buckets and nothing, I dont know whats up with that, maybe I mixed my samples up. :grr01:

3 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Bust! Drywashed 5 buckets and nothing, I dont know whats up with that, maybe I mixed my samples up. :grr01:

Thats the way it works hit and miss :idunno:Alot of times where you find nuggets there isnt any fines at least with me that is and vise versa-go figure-better luck next time :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C...:200:

• Like 1